Milton

yeah, I stayed on gulf blvd on bradenton beach/holmes beach for labor day.  That place got crushed 2 weeks ago.  storm surge is a mfer south of a hurricane. I am in north tampa so its "just" wind and rain but we are built for it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

yeah, I stayed on gulf blvd on bradenton beach/holmes beach for labor day.  That place got crushed 2 weeks ago.  storm surge is a mfer south of a hurricane. I am in north tampa so its "just" wind and rain but we are built for it.

North tampa? I am in Lutz. I hope the forest blocks a lil wind

• Upvote 1

I was in Miami last May when a thunderstorm came in over our hotel in Hallandale, it only lasted 10 minutes but it was borderline apocalyptic IMO and I’ve witnessed some big storms (or I thought I had)….sun loungers were blowing over the side of the rooftop pool and others ended up IN the pool, it felt like end of the world stuff and and a colleague actually turned to me and said ‘is this actually a hurricane?’…..absolutely nobody batted an eye and minutes later it was over.
Point being: it boggles the mind what the good folks of Florida and South Carolina and those states in the storm alley put up with as just ‘normal’ so when they start heading for the hills it has to be indescribably scary….thoughts to all of you out there right now

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

The issue is all of the stuff still in the streets that hasn’t been picked up from Helene yet. Stay safe! And hopefully you have plenty of provisions. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The issue is all of the stuff still in the streets that hasn’t been picked up from Helene yet. Stay safe! And hopefully you have plenty of provisions. 

agree.... debris is about to turn into projectiles...

I was in st pete beach saturday to help a buddy whose house got squashed. Its crazy how much debris there is. But heres the thing: those mountains are not garbage. Its half garbage half personal items that had to be removed from the interior and theres just no place to put it. Imagine that