Reddick Holdout Over

AbstraKt

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Woody interferes, Jets cave in

Nothing to see here, business a usual.

Just why is Joe Douglas getting a pay check again?

You are just making sh*t up. Reddick did not get the long term contract he desperately wanted. He's playing on a 1 year deal and reporting on Monday. Then they will continue to talk. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

How did the Jets lose? They were always willing to sweeten the deal this year without extending until he first reported. 

They didn't have him for 7 weeks, in which we suffered 3 one-score losses. They lost due to opportunity cost.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

They both lost. 

The Jets were always willing to give him more money for this year. They weren't willing to give him a multi-year deal. Jets didn't. Reddick is here playing for the same same money *if* he meets a bunch of incentives. He didn't just lose, he got raped.

• Upvote 2

Just now, bicketybam said:

The Jets were always willing to give him more money for this year. They weren't willing to give him a multi-year deal. Jets didn't. Reddick is here playing for the same same money *if* he meets a bunch of incentives. He didn't just lose, he got raped.

Reddick likely lost "worse" but it sure would've been nice to have him (or someone else) for the first 7 weeks. JD should've had an agreement in writing as a condition of the trade, or pursued another target (or kept JFM).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

They didn't have him for 7 weeks, in which we suffered 3 one-score losses. They lost due to opportunity cost.

I'm talking about the very public negotiations. His previous agency dumped him because he was delusional and then the new guy, after seeking a trade and finding no interest, persuaded him that reporting would be in his best interest. Reddick handled this poorly. He lost. It's very questionable if having him on the field would have prevented any of the 3 losses. I guess we will never know. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

Reddick likely lost "worse" but it sure would've been nice to have him (or someone else) for the first 7 weeks. JD should've had an agreement in writing as a condition of the trade, or pursued another target (or kept JFM).

You're moving in the right direction. Lose the word "likely" and you're a lot closer to the reality of the situation.

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I'm talking about the very public negotiations. His previous agency dumped him because he was delusional and then the new guy, after seeking a trade and finding no interest, persuaded him that reporting would be in his best interest. Reddick handled this poorly. He lost. It's very questionable if having him on the field would have prevented any of the 3 losses. I guess we will never know. 

Of course it's questionable (what in sports is not?) but keep in mind, pursuing him also carried the additional opportunity cost of not perusing someone else or keeping JFM.

Reddick is an idiot but JD didn't cross the T's and dot the I's in the initial trade.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

You're moving in the right direction. Lose the word "likely" and you're a lot closer to the reality of the situation.

So the win here is that an individual player lost more than the team. Ok, enjoy that victory lap, I suppose.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Of course it's questionable but keep in mind, pursuing him also carried the additional opportunity cost of not perusing someone else or keeping JFM.

Reddick is an idiot but JD didn't cross the T's and dot the I's in the initial trade.

This is all true but people who think that Reddick somehow comes out of this looking good are as delusional as he is. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

So the win here is that an individual player lost more than the team. Ok, enjoy that victory lap, I suppose.

Jets were always willing to give him more money for this year. But instead of him getting guaranteed more money to cover his fines, he now has to hit certain incentives. 

The Jets losing the game changing services of Haasan Reddick for 7 games is better than overpaying him on a 3 year contract. Win Jets, ass rape Reddick.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Jets were always willing to give him more money for this year. But instead of him getting guaranteed more money to cover his fines, he now has to hit certain incentives. 

The Jets losing the game changing services of Haasan Reddick for 7 games is better than overpaying him on a 3 year contract. Win Jets, ass rape Reddick.

If only there was some legal mechanism to memorialize two parties' mutual obligations to each other ahead of time. And if only JD knew about such a thing when entering the trade with the Eagles.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This is all true but people who think that Reddick somehow comes out of this looking good are as delusional as he is. 

I’ve never seen one person post Reddick “looked good” at any point since this began. I certainly haven’t seen it today.

What I have seen plenty of is “JD should’ve done his due dilegence” plenty of “let him rot” or “Reddick will eventually get his deal here or somewhere else” stuff the past 4-5 months.

• Post of the Week 2

42 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Reddick getting paid same amount for 9 games as 17.  Reddick won

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ve never seen one person say Reddick “looked good” at any point since back when this began. I certainly haven’t seen it today.

What I have seen plenty of is “JD should’ve done his due dilegence” plenty of “let him rot” or “Reddick will eventually get his deal here or somewhere else” stuff the past 4-5 months.

Reading is fundamental 👍

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ve never seen one person say Reddick “looked good” at any point since back when this began. I certainly haven’t seen it today.

Oh please. Some people said he would flat out win this thing. He did not. Reporting on his 1 year deal, and then they will talk. The only people around here who are trying to save face are the geniuses who said he would never report without a new contract or that he would never play a down for the Jets and would get traded. Sound familiar? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

This. Saleh deserved to get fired, but a mid season termination is going to drive us to another complete re-do.

Anything Woody does is without any commercial, operational, financial or football sense or thought. He doesn’t own those qualities.

“Thinking is overrated” cemented that.

• Haha 2