I'd like to get a read on what you're thinking at #4

NIGHT STALKER

If we stay at 4, will you be disappointed if we pick a QB? Will you be disappointed if we pick D'brick? How about Super Mario or maybe even Hawk?

I just want to gauge what the board will do if we pick one of these guys and how you'll react. Me? I would be happy with D'brick or Williams...don't know about Hawk. If we choose a QB, I won't be thrilled, but I will live with it....especially if we can fill holes later on.

So, what player at 4 will make you satisfied the most?

JFF right now I give the FO the benefit of the doubt-whatever they do I'm going to trust them-take Leinart,D'Brick,MW,AJ,VD-trade it to Oak for maybe Porter and picks Cutler-I'm assuming THEY know what's best for them-and us...BTW has anybody been following Bongo's thread over at JI?I think it is the record for most posts ever there.

Lets face it, it's impossible to get inside the minds of tangini, they haven't given anyone a clue

Having said that, all I can do is tell you what I would do

Let's assume the Texans take Bush and the Titans take Leinart

The wildcard becomes the Saints

If the Saints take Mario Williams in-between, I would take Vernon Davis

If the Saints take Brick Ferguson in-between, I would take Mario Williams

And if I trade down a few spots and Davis is gone, I would take Jay Cutler

Lets face it, it's impossible to get inside the minds of tangini, they haven't given anyone a clue

Having said that, all I can do is tell you what I would do

Let's assume the Texans take Bush and the Titans take Leinart

The wildcard becomes the Saints

If the Saints take Mario Williams in-between, I would take Vernon Davis

If the Saints take Brick Ferguson in-between, I would take Mario Williams

And if I trade down a few spots and Davis is gone, I would take Jay Cutler

I have to admit something....The closer we get to draft day...the more Jay Cutler intrigues me. The whole #4 and Cutler thing has got my blood going. If we could swing that Id do it in a heartbeat.

I have to admit something....The closer we get to draft day...the more Jay Cutler intrigues me. The whole #4 and Cutler thing has got my blood going. If we could swing that Id do it in a heartbeat.

I think he's gonna be a really good one, smiz

I don't know that for sure, and if I'm wrong it won't be the first time, but Cutler has been the highest rated QB on my board for months and nothing has changed in that regard

I think he's gonna be a really good one, smiz

I don't know that for sure, and if I'm wrong it won't be the first time, but Cutler has been the highest rated QB on my board for months and nothing has changed in that regard

The kid might not be all world but he has a Cannon for an arm and watching his highlights, He doesn't get flustered in the pocket and doesn't seem to notice the pressure. Just sits in and fires away.

The kid might not be all world but he has a Cannon for an arm and watching his highlights, He doesn't get flustered in the pocket and doesn't seem to notice the pressure. Just sits in and fires away.

The problem is, from what I've been reading is that he "fires away" even on the short passes...maybe he can be taught to throw the "Pennington fluff" ball on those type passes...I don't know.

The problem is, from what I've been reading is that he "fires away" even on the short passes...maybe he can be taught to throw the "Pennington fluff" ball on those type passes...I don't know.

yea read that too JFF but touch can be taught-like how pitchers learn new pitches as they get older to make up for what they can't do any longer by fastballs alone-but a guy who HAS a fastball-well,that can't be taught to say a Chad Pennington (door's open Tex)

I'd love to get Mario Williams or Leinart here, but I think Ferguson is likely here and that will be a good pick. However, I think we could Marcus McNeil at 29, so I'd be willing to take a chance on Vernon Davis or someone else maybe. McNeil is a beast and would be a steal at the end of the 1st. Getting somebody like Mario Williams or Vernon Davis would give us an amazing athlete would probably be among the best at their positions for the next decade. JMO

Getting somebody like Mario Williams or Vernon Davis would give us an amazing athlete would probably be among the best at their positions for the next decade. JMO

Dead on the money, JMac ... that's why I'd jump on either one who's available at #4 ... filling needs is a Good thing, but my #1 priority with a high pick is to find that player who will be everything you can hope for out of a TOP 5 Pick and more, barring injuries of course, and for me Vernon Davis is an ever safer bet to be that type of player than Super Mario, and needless to say Mario is a beast of a DE prospect at nearly 300 pounds with speed off the edge, so that says a whole lot about Davis in my view

Getting somebody like Mario Williams or Vernon Davis would give us an amazing athlete would probably be among the best at their positions for the next decade. JMO

Add Mangold at the end of rd 1 and who could complain with the 1st rd? That would an absolute haul either way! So many ways we can get better,It a very exciting time for Jets fans. Sad thing is it's probably the most exciting time we will have all yr,lol.

Vernon Davis might be a great player. ANd as Bit says, any sample at some point makes a mockery of any argument, and the past means very little right now. But sorry-Becht, Mitchell, Brady-TE doesn't work for this franchise. Don't know why, but why fight it?No matter how good a TE is, it's almost like a extra part, a hood ornament.

I really grew tired of every draft for the last 5 years- "special teams depth", DBs and DL guys who didn't contribute much spare Henderson, who's career ended from a motorcyle accident. Seemed like Bradway and Edwards couldn't get enough DBs and then hit those spots again in free agency. And the secondary still pretty much sucked. Heck, the best CB combo was Coleman and Glenn, and while it may have made cap sense, so what? It was like watching the mouse keep feeding itself cocaine in that college psych class video. And they kept ignoring the OL.

We had 2 QBs knocked out for the season in 1 quarter. We had zero power running game. We had no scoring. Adrian Jones is a nice contributor, but he's not an All Pro, merely a servicable one at best.

Without a solid OL, there's no point. If we've learned anything from the last regime, trying to build an decent(not great) OL with duct tape, bubblegum, 6th round projects and 7th round crapshoots doesn't work. Yes, you might happen upon a find late in the draft. But damn if the teams who move up in the playoffs are built like that. The teams that I think are long-term successful are the Pats, Seahawks and Steelers all spent early picks on the OL.

D'brick if he's there, if not trade down. And if the Ravens trade comes to pass, Cutler and D'brick would be a nice top 2 picks. And that's even considering that 3 picks in the top 35 might get another productive starter. And even if they stick with all 3 picks, with these guys calling the shots I have confidence who ever they pick will be on the filed contributing come September. As opposed to the idiocy of the last 5 years.

If we stay at 4, will you be disappointed if we pick a QB? Will you be disappointed if we pick D'brick? How about Super Mario or maybe even Hawk?

I just want to gauge what the board will do if we pick one of these guys and how you'll react. Me? I would be happy with D'brick or Williams...don't know about Hawk. If we choose a QB, I won't be thrilled, but I will live with it....especially if we can fill holes later on.

So, what player at 4 will make you satisfied the most?

Matt Leinart :-)

Vince Young :-(

Jay Cutler :-(

D'Brick :-(

AJ :-) :-)

Mario :-)

Trade down in Top 10 :-)

Trade out of Top 10 :-(

Take Leinart at #4, do the Raven deal, get Davis at #13, Mangold at#29 :-)

Vernon Davis might be a great player. ANd as Bit says, any sample at some point makes a mockery of any argument, and the past means very little right now. But sorry-Becht, Mitchell, Brady-TE doesn't work for this franchise.

Don't know why, but why fight it?

LMAO!!!!!

Spoken like a true Jet fan, bugg :grin:

At first I wanted the Jets to take Leinart, then I realized the Cutler would be a better choice at QB, but then after all of the D'Brickashaw talk I thought that the Jets might take him but then I don't think anyone would take an OL as their 1st pick, then I figured that the Jets need to replace Abraham & who better to fill that void than Mario Williams who IMO will be the Jets 1st pick in the draft.

I'd love it if the Jets picked Cutler.

I'd hate it if the took Ferguson.

Archived