Lendale to NFL GM's "Take Vince over Matt"

Matt39

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-briefing26apr26,1,3523175.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-dodger&ctrack=1&cset=true

For White, the Choice Is Forever Young

By Larry Stewart, Times Staff Writer

April 26, 2006

So who will be the first quarterback selected in this weekend's NFL draft? Will it be USC's Matt Leinart, Texas' Vince Young or Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler?

The opinion of USC running back LenDale White might surprise you.

"I would never trade away the three years with Matt as my quarterback," White told the Denver Post. "But if I was an NFL team, I don't know how you could not take Vince Young.

"A quarterback's job is to control the game. When a guy throws for 260 [yards] and runs for 200 in the biggest game of the year, he doesn't just control a game, he shows he can completely take it over.

"Nothing against Matt, but Vince has to be the No. 1 guy."

I wouldn't be surprised if they both bust wide open in the NFL, for very different reasons, but I'll be surprised if Cutler is not at least a Good starting QB ... at least

I think Matt leinart will be a quality QB in the NFL but I really think he will flourish in Tennessee. That offense fits him to a T and he can have a lot of success there.

Im sold on Leinart...Im just not sold on the Jets taking a QB

I think Matt leinart will be a quality QB in the NFL but I really think he will flourish in Tennessee. That offense fits him to a T and he can have a lot of success there.

I just get the feeling we are going to trade down from 4 and maybe take Ham's guy Cutler around 7-13

Excellent observation, smiz ... Tennessee, with Norm Chow {his college OC} is a perfect fit ... that Gives leinart the best chance to succeed ... his arm strength is also less of a factor in Tennessee than the meadowlands in the winter ... so if he lands in Tennessee, as I suspect he will, everything will be just right for him to have some success

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-briefing26apr26,1,3523175.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-mlb-dodger&ctrack=1&cset=true

"I would never trade away the three years with Matt as my quarterback," White told the Denver Post. "But if I was an NFL team, I don't know how you could not take Vince Young.

"A quarterback's job is to control the game. When a guy throws for 260 [yards] and runs for 200 in the biggest game of the year, he doesn't just control a game, he shows he can completely take it over.

Can Matt Leinart fire Lendale White as his teammate? :-)

In all seriousness. Vince Young is going to be a star in The NFL. He's a playmaker. He can do with his arm and legs. But what makes him special is his out of this world instincts at The QB position. He's very raw. An unpolished diamond. I know that Young is going to be good. The question is how good?

Matt Leinart is a safe bet at QB. He's going to be good. I have no doubts. The question is how good. He and Young will have successful NFL careers. I don't see either player being a bust.

Jay Cutler on the other hand has bust written all over him. Just my opinion. Jay has a great arm, He's not a great thrower. There's a big difference.I think Cutler is very Favre like in his style and attitude and he needs to seriously be coached up and is a few years away. Like Favre early in his career, Jay will contend for league leader in interceptions.

By Larry Stewart, Times Staff Writer

April 26, 2006

So who will be the first quarterback selected in this weekend's NFL draft? Will it be USC's Matt Leinart, Texas' Vince Young or Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler?

With friends like Lendale, who needs enemies.

Sounds like the Gary Sheffield of football.

Note to Tangini - Please, please stay away from this guy. He's got trouble written all over him.

when lendale white took his shirt off at the combine there were audible groans in the room. Some onlookers remarked that he needs a bra. :baby:
Thats not what Mike Huff was saying when lendale face planted him into grass in the champ. game. It was more like those are the most hardest t!ts i've ever tasted in my whole life!! Man That hurt!!!

Archived