Who would be the worst guy for the Jets to lose?

RichardSeymour

From an emotional standpoint? Other than Pennington?

IE: Other than maybe Brady, having Bruschi possibly retire for health reasons is as bad as it could be. Seymour having to retire might be worse for the team, but losing Bruschi is the biggest combo of actual damage and emotional pain (because gosh, we love Tedy).

Other than Pennington, is there an equivilant on the Jets?

Chrebet? He's already there and pretty old anyway so I doubt you guys are upset at the prospect of him retiring.

Curtis Martin? It would get him off the cap and open the way for LaMont which half of you want anyway.

Mawae? Ellis? Vilma?

What would hurt the most?

Actually, that's a great question. The guy, I guess, that yu would slap an "untouchable" label on right now is DRob believe it or not. He's probably got the most talent of any player on the team right now--it's all manifested in potential as yet, but we're seeing signs. As for spiritual/emotional leaders, I'd go with Mawae. He brings that Jets team a toughness that they simply don't have when he's not in there.

TomShane: Stop kissing up to Brenda!!!!

Worst guy for the Jets to lose....Herm Edwards.

There I said it. My loyalty is with you now, Max!

Actually, that's a great question. The guy, I guess, that yu would slap an "untouchable" label on right now is DRob believe it or not. He's probably got the most talent of any player on the team right now--it's all manifested in potential as yet, but we're seeing signs. As for spiritual/emotional leaders, I'd go with Mawae. He brings that Jets team a toughness that they simply don't have when he's not in there.

Vilma

I gotta agree with Tx. Vilma would be a devastating loss. Although Shane has a point with DRob. That's why I believe our defense could potentially be like the Bucs defense in the 90's if Henderson stays around. D-Rob playing the Sapp role, Vilma is Brooks, and hopefully Coleman could turn himself into John Lynch.

I gotta agree with Tx. Vilma would be a devastating loss. Although Shane has a point with DRob. That's why I believe our defense could potentially be like the Bucs defense in the 90's if Henderson stays around. D-Rob playing the Sapp role, Vilma is Brooks, and hopefully Coleman could turn himself into John Lynch.

You know-nothing simp! Coleman could be John Lynch? GOD HOW DID I GET STUCK IN THAT MOCK DRAFT WITH YOU!?!???!?? GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curtis Martin, the absolute heart of the team.

After that, Vilma. The FUTURE heart of the team.

I wil agree with Bob on these two guys.

If Curtis went down it would be a killer for the team

Vilma as the building block for many years as the leader of the defense

Mawae is the leader of the O-line...the guy makes the o-line click. Losing The Samoan would be a huge blow. Likewise, losing Vilma would cause probs on the defense especially since Cowart is heading out.

Curtis, well we need him but he can be replaced. CPenn, again needed, but I think he can be replaced short term.

LL

Lag,

TS does have a point with DRob and I would rank him right behind Vilma.

I think DRob brings steady, consistent play each game. Vilma on the other hand, can bring "game-breaking" plays.

I was pissed last year when the Jets drafted him and he probably "exceeded" expectations with his performance last year. I a short period of time, he should easily be a top 3 LB in the NFL. The guy is that good.

Not quite so sure I agree with your assessment of Coleman. He had a very good rookie year but to have "John Lynch" expectations of him, I don't see that.

That would be like me saying Randall Gay is the next Ty Law. :o

For all you CuMar and Mawae guys, their best days are behind them. You need to look to the future.

You know-nothing simp! Coleman could be John Lynch? GOD HOW DID I GET STUCK IN THAT MOCK DRAFT WITH YOU!?!???!?? GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, you can't compare a black player to a white player and vice versa. It's funny how only Jon McGraw can be looked as a guy in the Lynch mold.

I didn't say he was John Lynch I was just stating that it'd be very nice if he turned himself into a Lynch.

That's right, you can't compare a black player to a white player and vice versa. It's funny how only Jon McGraw can be looked as a guy in the Lynch mold.

I didn't say he was John Lynch I was just stating that it'd be very nice if he turned himself into a Lynch.

It's like when I wa in high school, everydu compared me to Larry Bird even when I was dunking frm the free-throw line. I was totally pigeon-holed, I tellya. :lol:

Lag, Coleman doesn't tackle well, and he's not a big hitter. Lynch is. And Lynch could only dream about running like Coleman can.

It's like when I wa in high school, everydu compared me to Larry Bird even when I was dunking frm the free-throw line. I was totally pigeon-holed, I tellya. :lol:

Lag, Coleman doesn't tackle well, and he's not a big hitter. Lynch is. And Lynch could only dream about running like Coleman can.

TS, what part of "turn himself into" are you having trouble with?

Anyway, my point is just like that Bucs team having a playmaker at each level of the defense we have the same potential. Even if Coleman isn't that player in secondary maybe we draft that safety this year.

TS, what part of "turn himself into" are you having trouble with?

Anyway, my point is just like that Bucs team having a playmaker at each level of the defense we have the same potential. Even if Coleman isn't that player in secondary maybe we draft that safety this year.

You don't "turn yourself into" a big hitter, Lag! It's natural! Like my beauty!

It was only a matter of time before you saw the light.

I would have to say that Herm is the 2nd biggest loss. Dick Curl would be the first.

Because like my Daddy always used to say a man without his Dick Curl ain't nothing.

(I realize that this was not actually funny. But since I am paying the bills you bastids are stuck with my drivel).

Dewayne Robertson.

With Fergie a 50/50 to return and his replacement probably would be James Reed or Alan Harper? Please. You need a really good DT in this league to have a strong line to stop the run and Dewayne will eventually become one of the best DT's in the game. Dewayne is not replaceable.

Everyone that is saying Vilma I have a quick question:

But before it just let me say behind Robertson he'd be #2 for me.

But:

Do you not believe Sam Cowart would be a better fill in for Vilma then James Reed for Robertson?

Everyone that is saying Vilma I have a quick question:

But before it just let me say behind Robertson he'd be #2 for me.

But:

Do you not believe Sam Cowart would be a better fill in for Vilma then James Reed for Robertson?

I totally agree, 124. It's good to have a man of reason around here for a change. Thanks, and welcome again.

Archived