Just a reminder-Jim Dolan is a douchebag

Bugg

Took the family to the Intrepid today, which is a nice, half day touristy thng to do in NYC. They're moving the ship on October the 1st for 18 months of drydock and rehab, so if you haven't been there, time is short.And most of the inside parts below decks are well-air conditioned.

Had occasion to drive done the West Side where the Jets stadium would have been. As you recall, Dolan made numerous promises about how he would develop that site in cahoots with a bunch of scum politicos like Sheldon Silver.

It goes without saying that after making his development proposal over 1 year ago, they property is still a rail yard and parking lot with no signs of any development. In fact, last week it became something of an issue over the sales price being too high or too low. Suffice to say thanks to motherless rockstar wannabee midlife crisis goatee lucky sperm rehab candidate MFer Jim Dolan, the Jets and Woody Johnson got screwed without a kiss beforehand to the tune of over $ 70 million. You can be for or against the stadium, but Dolan is the most sly, cynical scumbag of a biped you will ever meet. He had no intention of ever following through, just didn't want anyone to horn in on his arena business.

I hope someday Woody Johnson gets to return the favor. If there's any justice in this world, Dolan will one day be reduced to begging for loose change at the Lincoln Tunnel entrance nearby.

If there's any justice in this world, Dolan will one day be reduced to begging for loose change at the Lincoln Tunnel entrance nearby.

With the gov't set to get rid of the penny and EZ Pass being what it is he won't do well by the Tunnel!

With the gov't set to get rid of the penny and EZ Pass being what it is he won't do well by the Tunnel!

Sorry to swerve off topic here, but how the hell can they get rid of the penny???

And Dolan is a dick. There, I feel better by not sidetracking the conversation too much :cheers:

The Dolans ruined the Rangers, Knicks franchises

Their obstacle in the case of the Jets was just one group so they do not go all the blame for the Jets stadium failure in Mnahattan/ A lot of opponents to that if you want to blame them

Time to Move on- we are in New Jersey to stay with a new stadium to come.

I hope someday Woody Johnson gets to return the favor.

Another example of Jets fans making excuses and shifting the blame.

If Woody Johnson was not such a cheap-ass bastid, he would have used his own money to build a stadium for the Jets instead of looking for hand-outs from the public trough.

That's the way successful teams do it.;)

I hate it when that dooshie TX is right. The fight over the use of the space & any zoning was won. Rip on Dolan all you want (and I'm not saying it's unwarranted). But ultimately, what lost the stadium was a billionaire demanding some $300M dollars more in taxpayer money so he could have a $2B stadium instead of a $1.7B stadium.

And a sizeable percentage of THAT was spent on ads to get public support for the use of public funds? The $25M/yr in naming rights would've all gone in Woody's pocket as well instead of splitting it with the Giants.

I hate it when that dooshie TX is right.

I usually am.;)

Bottom line, Woody never should have gotten involved with Dolan in the first place.

The West Side location would have been a political bombshell (which is exactly how it turned out) from the get-go.

He should have used his own money to build a Jets-only stadium in one of the alternative locations.

Woody's eyes popped out of his head when he started thinking about what a Taj Mahal stadium on the West Side would bring to his bottom line/prestige.

Woody's plans were about as delusional as Jet fans evaluating the teams performance.;)

If Woody Johnson was not such a cheap-ass bastid, he would have used his own money to build a stadium for the Jets instead of looking for hand-outs from the public trough.

It's been a while now but i'm pretty sure that Woody was going to put up 1 billion of his own money,which i think might be the most anyone has ever put up for a stadium in the NFL(not sure though).I don't think you can call someone who puts up 1 billion of his own money cheap.

I usually am.;)

Bottom line, Woody never should have gotten involved with Dolan in the first place.

The West Side location would have been a political bombshell (which is exactly how it turned out) from the get-go.

He should have used his own money to build a Jets-only stadium in one of the alternative locations.

Woody's eyes popped out of his head when he started thinking about what a Taj Mahal stadium on the West Side would bring to his bottom line/prestige.

Woody's plans were about as delusional as Jet fans evaluating the teams performance.;)

He never was involved with Dolan. Dolan did not want a Westside Stadium taking away concert dates and other non Knick or Ranger revenue generating events from Madison Square Garden (which Dolan owns along with the Knicks and Rangers). The Westside Stadium was a three block walk from MSG. Dolan vetoed the Stadium by 'bribing' the only two politicians with an absolute veto, State Assembly speaker Sheldon Silvers and State Senate majority leader Joe Bruno. While Jay (why is he still President of the NYJ) spent 70 million dollars on mostly expensive NY City advertising, Dolan hired Bruno's son as a lobbyist for Cablevision (another Dolan enterprise) and Sheldon Silver's longtime chief of staff as an anti-Westside Stadium lobbyist.

When Sheldon Silver vetoed the Stadium project (supported by the Mayor and Governor who didn't have votes) and when asked by the media if the Westside Stadium dream was over replied 'The dream never existed'.

Dolan simply sandbagged Woody Johnson and his corporate empty suit President Jay Cross who never realized that Silver and Bruno alone could veto the project.. A couple of fools and part of the reason the Jets are headed to a long nightmare for Jet fans..

He never was involved with Dolan. Dolan did not want a Westside Stadium taking away concert dates and other non Knick or Ranger revenue generating events from Madison Square Garden (which Dolan owns along with the Knicks and Rangers). The Westside Stadium was a three block walk from MSG. Dolan vetoed the Stadium by 'bribing' the only two politicians with an absolute veto, State Assembly speaker Sheldon Silvers and State Senate majority leader Joe Bruno. While Jay (why is he still President of the NYJ) spent 70 million dollars on mostly expensive NY City advertising, Dolan hired Bruno's son as a lobbyist for Cablevision (another Dolan enterprise) and Sheldon Silver's longtime chief of staff as an anti-Westside Stadium lobbyist.

When Sheldon Silver vetoed the Stadium project (supported by the Mayor and Governor who didn't have votes) and when asked by the media if the Westside Stadium dream was over replied 'The dream never existed'.

Dolan simply sandbagged Woody Johnson and his corporate empty suit President Jay Cross who never realized that Silver and Bruno alone could veto the project.. A couple of fools and part of the reason the Jets are headed to a long nightmare for Jet fans..

Hate to say it but jensen's dead-on with his history this time.

Fair point. You can think it was a good or a bad idea.Kinda thought it was a pipe dream in the mess that is politics in NY. But what stands out was Dolan's fake phony plan to build schools and his bribery of Silver and Bruno to torpedo his potential competition.

Fair point. You can think it was a good or a bad idea.Kinda thought it was a pipe dream in the mess that is politics in NY. But what stands out was Dolan's fake phony plan to build schools and his bribery of Silver and Bruno to torpedo his potential competition.

Jim Dolan is far too stupid to think of an idea that actually would work. This has the fingerprints of the old man Charles Dolan all over it.

Jim Dolan is far too stupid to think of an idea that actually would work. This has the fingerprints of the old man Charles Dolan all over it.

Charles is the brains, but JD has the ability to run a monopoly and keeping that monopoly is what he is good at, no matter what he has to spend to do it. Woody got sucked into the whole Olympic dream by the mayor. As far as getting a stadium built in NYC, it was as good a shot as any. Once he was in, might as well go in with both feet.

Or he could have been like Craft, paid for a cheap ass stadium in the middle of the woods and raised ticket prices to all time highs so nobody could afford to go.

BZ

Or he could have been like Craft, paid for a cheap ass stadium in the middle of the woods and raised ticket prices to all time highs so nobody could afford to go.

BZ

Kraft didn't raise tickets prices that much until the new Stadium was built.

The new Stadium was privately funded. The State kicked in some cash for infrastructure improvements only.

When I got my tickets in '92 they were $27. In '01 they were $49. Things changed in '02 with the opening of Gillette.

And if no one can afford to go, why are there 50,000 names on the season ticket waiting list?

That is probably the best recap (short, to-the-point, clear) that I have read on the entire Werstside project.

I'll give you a pass next time you bash Mangini.;)

The new Stadium was privately funded. The State kicked in some cash for infrastructure improvements only.

"The state kicked in $72 million in infrastructure costs, but the Patriots pay back $1 million a year for 25 years, and the NFL kicked in another $150 million from its stadium construction fund."

http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:1nc8TcmRu7YJ:football.ballparks.com/NFL/NewEnglandPatriots/articles.htm+gillette+stadium+infrastructure+costs&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

That is probably the best recap (short, to-the-point, clear) that I have read on the entire Werstside project.

I'll give you a pass next time you bash Mangini.;)

I NEVER agree with rajensen (or you, for that matter, TX), but you're right, he is dead-on.

It's heartbreaking to think that NYC politics killed our bid for the best stadium in the NFL.

It's even worse when you realize that politics or not, it could have been ours if we had an owner with half a brain and the willingness to open his wallet.

Gahh, I don't even like talking about this...it makes me too upset.

If Bruno and Silver had approved the project, it would be a reality just like the new Yankee Stadium and the new Mets Stadium. Not that the local residents would not have tried to block it in court.

The weird thing is James Dolan was the high bidder when the Jets were put up for sale, but Tagliabue intervened and got Woody Johnson to up the bid and awarded the franchise to Johnson because the NFL wanted no part of the Dolans... for good reason.

In the Battle of the Billionaires, Woody Johnson won round one and James Dolan won round two. Woody Johnson got his billions from his grandfather the founder of Johnson & Johnson and Dolan got his billions from his daddy, the founder of Cablevision. The big losers were those Jet fans who didn't see the Jets return to New York.

Just wait until you get a sniff of the PSL's in the new Giants Stadium.

Patriots have the highest prices in the NFL.

I will gladly pay a PSL if it means I don't have to pay a $5,000 transfer fee like Pats fans do.

PSL = ownership.

BZ

Archived