From KFFL............

NIGHT STALKER

Jets | Team may have interest in M. Turner

Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:01:31 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets may have an interest in San Diego Chargers RB Michael Turner. He worked with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer the past two seasons in San Diego.

Jets | Team may have interest in Shipp

Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:00:03 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets may have an interest in Arizona Cardinals RB Marcel Shipp.

Jets | Martin has bone-on-bone condition

Tue, 8 Aug 2006 17:59:22 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) has a "bone-on-bone" condition in his surgically repaired right knee. The team's coaching staff is now wondering if he can play at all in 2006. "The guy is bone-on-bone on the knee and can't play," a person with knowledge of Martin's injury said Tuesday, speaking on condition of anonymity. "No one has said he's not going to play, but I don't know how much more they're going to get out of the guy." The person confirmed earlier reports that Martin has virtually no cartilage in his right knee, which was repaired arthroscopically in December. Martin was seen walking with a distinct limp Sunday, Aug. 6, at Giants Stadium, where the Jets held an intrasquad scrimmage. It was quite a contrast to the last time reporters saw Martin for any extended period, at the June minicamp, when he ran and performed individual drills.

If Martin's limping 9 months after arthroscopic surgery and it is a bone on bone condition, I don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying he is done. The guy is not getting any younger, it may be time to go.

I think you're right...in fact, I know you're right. At the very least, he won't be our featured back...if Herm was still here, he would run this guy on his nubs.

Jets | Team may have interest in Shipp

Tue, 8 Aug 2006 18:00:03 -0700

Ken Berger, of Newsday, reports the New York Jets may have an interest in Arizona Cardinals RB Marcel Shipp.

Ugh. I'd stick with Blaylock.

This article brings up a good point. CMart was running at the mini-camp. He was limited, but not the gimp they are claiming in the press now. What happened?

Remember this...

- Trotted Martin out on a bum leg for 10 games

- Kept Chad in with a torn rotator cuff in 2004, then rushed him back too early, and even reinserted him in the game after he reinjured it

- Kept trotting Chrebet out the last several seasons when he should have been telling him "Wayne, you're going to hurt yourself permanently if you keep this up"

Looking back, I think Herm put winning first at the expense of his players' health, and I'll never forgive him for that.

Remember this...

- Trotted Martin out on a bum leg for 10 games

- Kept Chad in with a torn rotator cuff in 2004, then rushed him back too early, and even reinserted him in the game after he reinjured it

- Kept trotting Chrebet out the last several seasons when he should have been telling him "Wayne, you're going to hurt yourself permanently if you keep this up"

Looking back, I think Herm put winning first at the expense of his players' health, and I'll never forgive him for that.

Easier to do that than pay attention to the rules and the time on the clock.

Just putting it out there that the jets might want to save the wear and tear on a 33 year old running back so they are letting him recuperate very cautiously

I'd laugh my ass off if Martin is faking the limp :)

I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask it again here anyway. If CMart get's IR'd do the Jets get any cap relief? This might be important if they are looking to trade for a guy who will be an FA next year.

Nope

Michael Turner from San Diego is a good running back and I would love it if we could get him here!!!!He would be our featured back,no doubt about it.When you watch San Diego there is hardly any drop-off when Turner enters the game to spell Thomlinson.This guy is big too,he reminds me a lot of LaMont Jordan.Same type of size-speed ratio.

Does anyone remember that game late last season where m. turner busted out more yards than LT? I know it was late in the season, and they might have just been giving LT a rest, but he was crazy.

That was the Colts game, no?

Quote:

I asked this in another thread, but I'll ask it again here anyway. If CMart get's IR'd do the Jets get any cap relief? This might be important if they are looking to trade for a guy who will be an FA next year.

Nope

Had a feeling that might be the case. So much for wishful thinking.

I'd laugh my ass off if Martin is faking the limp :)

If Curtis starts week one - that would be something. The fake injury, gotta love it.

Good point about minicamp though. How come he was participating then and not now? Bone on bone? Yeah it hurts but Curtis doesn't feel pain.

I don't mean that to sound like a knock on Curt. He is my favorite Jet and he is one tough son of a b. I hope he gets on the field this year and goes out on his terms. Just isn't right if it happens any other way.

Archived