turner or brown

bman

No. Briefly (very briefly) filling in for LT behind a solid OL with a solid QB & two solid receiving targets does not make one automatically worthy of a #2 draft pick. Amos Zereoue sure looked like a stud once upon a time.

Brown has talent but he's too injury prone & is going to want a big contract/extension since this is the final year of his rookie deal. Then what - huge cap hits for Martin & Brown AND we'll want to draft another one in round 1 next year? Sounds like a bad plan.

I'd pass on both. But then I don't see all the behind-the-scenes stuff Mangini & co do. We'll see what they do.

I guess you need to trust that the coaches don't see anything in our current group of RB's to make a deal. But none of the guys mentioned are worth more than a 3rd rounder. Not when teams have been winning super bowls with the likes of Antoine Smith, Michael Pittman and RBBC approach like Pitt. I would rather the Jets wait it out. There will be a stud available in the 1st or 2nd round next year that will make you regret trading a second for one of these guys.

I guess you need to trust that the coaches don't see anything in our current group of RB's to make a deal. But none of the guys mentioned are worth more than a 3rd rounder. Not when teams have been winning super bowls with the likes of Antoine Smith, Michael Pittman and RBBC approach like Pitt. I would rather the Jets wait it out. There will be a stud available in the 1st or 2nd round next year that will make you regret trading a second for one of these guys.

that's my big concern.

draft picks are meant to get talent..if they like turner, then they'll get him.

3rd rd pick..Bj Askew..

2nd rd trade..JMAc

1sr rd pick..B THomas..

I'd trade all 3 of those easily for a 1300 yard back.

You could make a highlight video of just about any RB in the league including Dayne who had some very nice games as a pro. It is different carrying the load for a full season than it is just fillling in behind a superstar and a good OL. Just ask Lamont Jordan, he knows all about this. As far as the video is concerned Turner makes some nice runs but appears smallish, short in stature. Although his body build is a little bigger than a scatback type, he looks a little more like a scat back than an every down back. But if the coach likes him than that is that. I would just rather see the Jets draft a RB next year than take a shot at a back up. IMO, even if LT is in SD if Turner was THAT good I couldn't see the Chargers giving him up in a trade. Who would? Unless the team trading for him is overpaying.

again 76...who? who do you want?Cedric Houston and Blaylock?watch the video and tell me this guy can't run with speed and power-oh yea and find us some Ron Dayne video so we can compare just for the heck of it..

I'm not saying I want Ron Dayne. My point of Ron Dayne seemed to have gone right over the heads of most of you. What I am saying is a highlight video of any player in the NFL is going to make them look great. What is preposterous is the fact that you are now willing to shell out a 2nd round draft pick for a guy that you haven't even heard of before seeing that video earlier today. That is ridiculous.

We are not a good team this year. Why waste draft picks on a guy that has little potential to do more than help us out in a rotation of backs. We don't have a healthy RB to handle 250 carries this year, and frankly there isn't a RB on the market that proves he can either. We will be drafting our future RB next year.

Right, and you guys know bcause of Turner's long history of pushing the pile and carrying the rock 250+ times. :rolleyes:

what we hope is that the CS knows more than WE do-if Curtis is really done they're going to get the BPA to fill that void.We don't really know.maybe Mangini is saving Curtis from himself and maybe he'll be back and we'll all be here scratching our whatevers saying "huh?I thought he was gonna retire".

I trust this regime to do whatever it takes to win-just like they said.

You could make a highlight video of just about any RB in the league including Dayne who had some very nice games as a pro. It is different carrying the load for a full season than it is just fillling in behind a superstar and a good OL. Just ask Lamont Jordan, he knows all about this. As far as the video is concerned Turner makes some nice runs but appears smallish, short in stature. Although his body build is a little bigger than a scatback type, he looks a little more like a scat back than an every down back. But if the coach likes him than that is that. I would just rather see the Jets draft a RB next year than take a shot at a back up. IMO, even if LT is in SD if Turner was THAT good I couldn't see the Chargers giving him up in a trade. Who would? Unless the team trading for him is overpaying.

Well Turner has been impressive enough to have them talking about having he and LT in the backfield together at time.

Also Turner is listed at 5'10" 237! That is way bigger than a scat back. I'll admit I never thought he was that big but I don't think he could embelish that much hes gotta be in the 225 ballpark which is still considered good size for a RB. The thing that impresses me about Turner is his speed though. We could use a guy with speed like that on this team which would compliment Houstons style(or curtis' speed when he's running on one leg).

Also I personally don't consider the Chargers line good. I consider them average but they aren't a dominating group of guys. I'm not sure they ever were. You do have to take into account the guy was producing mostly in mop up duty, but you can't discount the guys raw ability. I think a 3rd or 4th round pick would be fair compensation for

I would trade a 3rd for Turner. I liked him at Northern Illinois and thought he would make a solid pro back. Xcel is correct, the Chargers will be running sets that use Turner in the backfield and split Tomlinson out wide this season. That's one reason why I think the Chargers will want too much compensation.

Archived