Did the Jets have a good draft?

Maxman

Yes it is early but some of these kids sure look good. You have to walk before you can run. But I like some of these kids chances.

completely agree. i thought tuifuiluitilti looks pretty good against the skins starters. smith and washington obviously shined. the only one that looked a little slow was schlagel, everyone else looked great.

I'd say this is probably one of the most solid drafts we've had for a a few years, you know these guys aren't going to be a problem and have huge upsides. It might take a year or 2 but they will develop. What's nice is the pick most pundits bashed as a stretch, has shown a glimpse of his potential to be the impact player we need. Brad Smith will only get better and is probably the best value of the draft for us.

I knew when we grabbed Brad Smith, he would turn out to be our jewel of the draft...still early yet, but this kid has big play potential written all over him.

Smith was a good athlete at Missouri-I liked his pick by the Jets. We are going to need different ways to score this year so trying to utilize him in different ways has to be a priority. Miller and Washington on returns is another way we will have to try to gain field advantage hopefully too.

Smith was a good athlete at Missouri-I liked his pick by the Jets. We are going to need different ways to score this year so trying to utilize him in different ways has to be a priority. Miller and Washington on returns is another way we will have to try to gain field advantage hopefully too.

yea faba that's a potentially dynamic duo back there on KOR Miller and Washington-could be the best we've had since Leon Johnson and Aaron Glenn in 98

As much as I want to get all rah-rah about the draft, we all know that drafts are graded two-three-four years down the road.

So far, so good...

BZ

what're ya talking about BZ-you saw last night Sar said that D'Brick was a bust-yea he was a bustin some guys azz on that Smith TD-two Skins looked like bowling pins and how did the LT get so far down the field AHEAD of Brad Smith?

what're ya talking about BZ-you saw last night Sar said that D'Brick was a bust-yea he was a bustin some guys azz on that Smith TD-two Skins looked like bowling pins and how did the LT get so far down the field AHEAD of Brad Smith?

How DARE you use that name on this WEBSITE... he is completely off his rocker.

Never mention him again!

BZ

How DARE you use that name on this WEBSITE... he is completely off his rocker.

Never mention him again!

BZ

Oh OK now I get it-there are a few more over there a LOT lately that have me scratching my head -wondering..."Hmmm what's with this guy?"

what about Eric Smith our starting safety?Oh yea don't be so hard on the Ohio LBing kid-he'll be OK

You can't expect the project picks (QB to WR/midget RB) and like the athletically suspect picks to both pan out. Schlegel didn't look too good last night and "our starting safety" did not start. If Smith isn't starting when the only other player at the position has yet to play something tells me he won't be starting. I see them both as situational and special team players. Anything more is a bonus. They should be ready to get on the field NOW though.

Yes it is early but some of these kids sure look good. You have to walk before you can run. But I like some of these kids chances.

Yes,the Jets had a good draft.The problem is,the Jets could have had a phenominal draft had they not wasted both our 3rd round picks.

So far, we've had a great draft.

D'Brick and Mangold will anchor this line for 10+ years and you've got a playmaker at WR finally in Brad Smith along with another return threat in Leon Washington. Anthony Schlegel is a good back-up ILB and Smith a good back-up S. Schlegel could eventually be a starter for us.

So far, we've had a great draft.

D'Brick and Mangold will anchor this line for 10+ years and you've got a playmaker at WR finally in Brad Smith along with another return threat in Leon Washington. Anthony Schlegel is a good back-up ILB and Smith a good back-up S. Schlegel could eventually be a starter for us.

some people are ready to cut Schlegel after slipping on that TD

Archived