Ya I know, his arm, his cap hit, BUT Chad a class act

SouthernJet

I know I know,, the huge cap hit, the weak arm.

I NEVER thought this guy would start again in the NFL.

But all that aside, you have to give this guy his props.

He has always represented the Jets in a class way, he always says Team first quotes. He always is there cheering for his team.

He has worked his arse off twice to get back to playing shape.

Had to say it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know I know,, the huge cap hit, the weak arm.

I NEVER thought this guy would start again in the NFL.

But all that aside, you have to give this guy his props.

He has always represented the Jets in a class way, he always says Team first quotes. He always is there cheering for his team.

He has worked his arse off twice to get back to playing shape.

Had to say it.

And how many playoff victories and Super Bowl titles did that "class act" result in for the Jets?

Ya can't not cheer for Chad or at least you can't not like him. He's a family guy, a team player and yes I know he's been hurt a lot but he still has done a few good things for this franchise.

(Instert TX asking, "like what?" here)..

so what? I mentioned character, not wins/loses.

sadly, your retort says alot about you personally. Seriously, I am surprised .

Relax SJ, if you can't tell when I'm messin' with you by now, you might as well give up.;)

Just to set the record striaght:

I have absoluteyl no issues with PennyBoy's character, integrity, values, leadership and desire.

I only take issue to his results (or lack there of) on the football field.

Relax SJ, if you can't tell when I'm messin' with you by now, you might as well give up.;)

I have absoluteyl no issues with PennyBoy's character, integrity, values, leadership and desire.

He has playoff wins under his belt and has a winning percentage.

Really, he is better then 75% of the QBs out there.

BZ

He has playoff wins under his belt and has a winning percentage.

PennyBoy is 2-2 in playoff games in his career.

And there is absolutely no way in hell PennyBoy is a top 8 QB (that's what your 75% equates to) in the NFL.

He isn't even in the top half anymore.

cool,, different thread though,,

u arent goin the way of the woman thread hijackers?

And there is absolutely no way in hell PennyBoy is a top 8 QB (that's what your 75% equates to) in the NFL.

Show me, out of the current roster of QBs, any the number that have a BETTER record than 2-2 in the post season. I can think of a few.

Tom

Brad

Ben

Kurt

Brett

Donovan

Trent

So 141 QBs out there, I say he IS better than 100 of them.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerindex/POS_QB

BZ

Show me, out of the current roster of QBs, any the number that have a BETTER record than 2-2 in the post season. I can think of a few.

Tom

Brad

Ben

Kurt

Brett

Donovan

Trent

So 141 QBs out there, I say he IS better than 100 of them.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerindex/POS_QB

BZ

numbers aside, I never thought he would play again,,

props to guys like BZ who hung in there and beleived Chad would return

BZ did say he's better than 75% of the QB's out there not better than 75% of the STARTING QB's.

Put that way he's probably right. I don't know if there are 35 better QB's right now. Not "potential" or "when they get more experience" - but right now, to win a game (or at least to not piss away a game a la Dilfer's role in '00).

BZ

I'd make the 75 a much lower number BZ.

That said - he's got just about every virtue you'd want in a guy in spades. I'll be supprised if he doesn't make a great coach if that's what he wants to do. It's just my opinion, but excluding 03, he doesn't make the throws. Injured or well - Hackett or whack it - especially 20+ but shorter tosses in the seam or flat - he doesn't make them. Couple that with his earned reputation for not airing it out, and every D we play has a distinct advantage. I wish that was different. I love it when a smart, hard working, good on the inside guy make's it - especially on my team. I'd love to be wrong, but I think we're in for a long season if CP's throwing.

He is better than 50% of the starting QBs and 75% of the the available QBs.

To give him some more credit, he has NEVER been in a stable offensive system. The Jets have gone through three OCs in the last 5 years.

He has also led us to some late 4th qtr comebacks.

His injuries are really is downfall, but everyone can come back and I hope this is his year to shine.

BZ

When healthy, I think he is definately Top 10.

This is where I'd rank Chad when healthy:

1. Brady

2. Manning

3. McNabb

4. Hasselbeck

5. Delhomme

6. Green

7. Culpepper

8. McNair

9. Pennington

10. Brees

When healthy, I think he is definately Top 10.

This is where I'd rank Chad when healthy:

1. Brady

2. Manning

3. McNabb

4. Hasselbeck

5. Delhomme

6. Green

7. Culpepper

8. McNair

9. Pennington

10. Brees

Man, you look at that list and the Bolded player are the 'giveth and taketh' types,,unreal fantastic and next game worst POS in the NFL types,,

where are the consistent QBs,,sad to say Brady is the most consistent,,he is never spectacular, never horrid,, but always very very good

Man, you look at that list and the Bolded player are the 'giveth and taketh' types,,unreal fantastic and next game worst POS in the NFL types,,

where are the consistent QBs,,sad to say Brady is the most consistent,,he is never spectacular, never horrid,, but always very very good

Delhomme has been consistently very good with CAR. McNair had a great career, he's just near the end of it plus the fact that he had nothing in the way of weapons in TEN the last 2 years. There are at least 15 QB's I'd take over Chad right now:

Manning

Brady

Hasselbeck

Delhomme

Green

McNabb

Palmer

Brees

McNair

Culpepper

Bulger

E Manning

Plummer

Vick

Roethlisberger

Leftwich

Here are the ones I'd take with confidence knowing they will be better than Chad:

Frye

Rivers

Carr

Cutler

Schaub

Garrard

Our own Clemens

Maybe Leinart

Volek

Other than the Bills game in 2004, can you specifically cite 3 or 4 other examples of games PennyBoy achieved a 4th qtr comeback for the Jets?;)

Ok, you are officially GG in drag..

you are intent on hijacking this thread on a guys character and you insist on a pissing thread,,

Do I hear a OY

drag-queen.jpg

Delhomme has been consistently very good with CAR. McNair had a great career, he's just near the end of it plus the fact that he had nothing in the way of weapons in TEN the last 2 years. There are at least 15 QB's I'd take over Chad right now:

Manning

Brady

Hasselbeck

Delhomme

Green

McNabb

Palmer

Brees

McNair

Culpepper

Bulger

E Manning

Plummer

Vick

Roethlisberger

Leftwich

Here are the ones I'd take with confidence knowing they will be better than Chad:

Frye

Rivers

Carr

Cutler

Schaub

Garrard

Our own Clemens

Maybe Leinart

Volek

McNair had Chad disease even when young,,had many bad games cause he was a gamer and played hurt,,,

Jake??? come on man,, talk to Greenbeans ,,we have seen every Panther game and let me tell you,, Jake can be lights out, but he has 3 to 5 games every year when he isnt just off, he is horrific,,its his MO,, but thats OK,,on a great Panther team it hasnt hurt yet...

Archived