Ya I know, his arm, his cap hit, BUT Chad a class act

SouthernJet

McNair had Chad disease even when young,,had many bad games cause he was a gamer and played hurt,,,

Jake??? come on man,, talk to Greenbeans ,,we have seen every Panther game and let me tell you,, Jake can be lights out, but he has 3 to 5 games every year when he isnt just off, he is horrific,,its his MO,, but thats OK,,on a great Panther team it hasnt hurt yet...

Hey gg, um...SJ, I thought this thread was about character?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other than the Bills game in 2004, can you specifically cite 3 or 4 other examples of games PennyBoy achieved a 4th qtr comeback for the Jets?;)

2003: At Oakland (overtime)

2003: Tennessee Titans | W | 24-17 (Monday Night)

2004: at San Diego Chargers | W | 34-28 |

2005: at Miami (lead a 7-of-7 for 74 drive)

BZ

BZ

How come this doesn't surprise me?

Either you just like to make things up, or you do not know what the definition of a "4th quarter comeback" really is.

To qualify, the Jets must be trailing (or tied) at some point in time during the 4th quarter.

2005 Miami game: The Jets never trailed the entire game.

2004 Charger game: The Jets never trailed the entire game.

2003 Tenn game: The Jets led 24-10 entering the 4th quarter and never trailed.

2003 Oakland: I'll give you that one.

So in PennyBoy's entire career, he has only 2 friggn' 4th quarter comeback wins.

Just so you have a point of reference, Brady has 21 4th quarter comeback wins.

Was wondering if you could put Tom Brady's fourth-quarter comeback statistics in historical perspective. How do his 21 fourth-quarter comeback compare to other "all-time" quarterbacks (i.e., John Elway, Dan Marino, etc.)?

George Corriveau, Waltham

A: The statistic is leading a team to victory after facing a deficit or tie in the fourth quarter. Brady is in his sixth NFL season and he has 21. According to the Dolphins media guide, Dan Marino had 50 such comebacks. According to the Broncos media guide, John Elway had 46 such comebacks. So Brady is within striking distance given his current pace.

How come this doesn't surprise me?

Either you just like to make things up, or you do not know what the definition of a "4th quarter comeback" really is.

To qualify, the Jets must be trailing (or tied) at some point in time during the 4th quarter.

2005 Miami game: The Jets never trailed the entire game.

2004 Charger game: The Jets never trailed the entire game.

2003 Tenn game: The Jets led 24-10 entering the 4th quarter and never trailed.

2003 Oakland: I'll give you that one.

So in PennyBoy's entire career, he has only 2 friggn' 4th quarter comeback wins.

get back on subject please or start a new thread

Ok, you are officially GG in drag..

you are intent on hijacking this thread on a guys character and you insist on a pissing thread,,

Do I hear a OY

drag-queen.jpg

1. my hair isnt quite that red and much longer

2. i gave up smoking over 10 years ago

3. my eyebrows are more grooomed

4. my eyes are blue

5. my "5 o'clock shadow " usually takes at least 3 days to emerge

OY!

and lastly tx doesnt have the tata's for it ...

:lol:

Because everytime he is touched on the football field, he gets hurt.

He doesn't have the physical body to play in the NFL.

Some guys are just injury prone, PennyBoy is one of them.

So Joe Klecko is a sissy?

Gale Sayers is a sissy?

Chad is definetly not a sissy, but he is injury prone.

I'll root for him if he is our starter, but I'd much rather see Ramsey out there starting for us. I dunno, something about a QB who can make all the throws and has some potential kinda intrigues me. Chad Pennington has neither of those qualities.

Other than the Bills game in 2004, can you specifically cite 3 or 4 other examples of games PennyBoy achieved a 4th qtr comeback for the Jets?;)

Although the Jets didn't need a 4th qtr comeback, he played out of his mind against the Pats in Foxboro in 2002. He couldn't be stopped on 3rd down. I left the Stadium cursing that night.

Gotta give the man props for his performace that night.

Chad Pennington is the best towel-waiver in the NFL, bar none.

Seriously, I am starting to come around with Chad. I'm glad to see his progress, his determination, and his refusal to listen to Tx and just lay down and die.

So Joe Klecko is a sissy?

Gale Sayers is a sissy?

Do you really want to compare Klecko and Sayers to PennyBoy?

Since you brought it up, here are the facts:

In Klecko's 12-year career he played in 155 out of a possible 192 games (80.7%)

In Sayers short 7-year career, he played in 68 out of a possible 92 games (69.3%). However, in his first 5 years, he only missed 5 games due to injury, playing a full season 3 years. His last 2 years should be thrown out because his injury was so bad it ended his career. His last 2 years he only played 2 games each season.

Compare that to the China Doll who has yet to play a full season in the NFL and has only played in 54% of possible games.

Nice try CT.

Jacksonville in 2003.

Against the Giants that same year, Chad put together some nice drives at the end to send the game to OT, but with Hermbo and Brien screwing the FG we end up losing.

If only he had Belichick and Vinatieri on his side... ;)

BZ

2003 vs Jacksonville. 10-6 to 13-10 was a 2 minute comeback...TD with 16 seconds to go.

2002 vs Denver was a 4th Q comeback

2004 vs Buffalo (like Tx already mentioned)

Do you really want to compare Klecko and Sayers to PennyBoy?

Since you brought it up, here are the facts:

In Klecko's 12-year career he played in 155 out of a possible 192 games (80.7%)

In Sayers short 7-year career, he played in 68 out of a possible 92 games (69.3%). However, in his first 5 years, he only missed 5 games due to injury, playing a full season 3 years. His last 2 years should be thrown out because his injury was so bad it ended his career. His last 2 years he only played 2 games each season.

Compare that to the China Doll who has yet to play a full season in the NFL and has only played in 54% of possible games.

Nice try CT.

First lets address your math problems (I see you are doing your own research again, huh? :rolleyes: )

Sayers played in 68 out of 98..not 92 (I know the concept of 7 year x 14 games a year= 98 games is a little hard for you to figure out.)

Klecko's teams played 190 games over his career..not 192 (of course, you might not know the NFL played 14 games in Klecko's rookie year, not 16.) Since your NFL knowledge goes back to 2000, that doesn't surprise me. (Remember the thread where you didn't know Walter Payton ever played in a playoff game?).

But I digress.

Now, on to Chad. Where the hell do you get 54% from? Wait, let me expose your deceptive math. Chad has played in 43 games over 5 seasons, so 43/80=54%. Nice try.

Of course, when an honest person discusses games lost to injury, they do not include games that a player (especially a QB) does not play because he is not the starting QB.

Since Chad has been playing/starting as the Jets #1 QB, from game 4 in 2002 thru playoffs and thru the end of 2005..Chad has played in 43 of a possible 65 games..or 66%. An equivalent % to Sayers.

And cut out the BS of dismissing games lost by Sayers at the end of his career. By your warped definition, that would make him a bigger sissy because he couldn't recover from his injuries.

Games lost to injuries for Chad count..games lost to injury for Sayers don't?

Right. :rolleyes:

And, in totality of all this statistical BS you are trying to run, let's be knowledgable about the game of football and know that Sayers and Klecko may have played in those games, but that could be one set of downs for all we know.

I certainly remember Klecko trying unsuccessfully to play thru his many injuries..so I guess he gets credit for playing a game even if it was one set of downs.

I saw those valiant efforts. I was there.

So your stats, as usually, are BS.

Call him injury prone (which I am sure you endlessly will). But his effort and heart in coming back numerous times make Chad the exact opposite of a sissy.

But, of course you know that, you just can't help yourself from typing your drivel on your Dorito-stained keyboard as some sort of "badge of honor" within your warped use of your time on earth.

PS: Do the folks over here at Jets Nation know about your famous Adam Vinatieri playoff FG stat?

Remember the one you made up and tried to pass off as the truth over at JI...until you were exposed and ran off into the night?

Because I would be happy to share what a fool you made of yourself with anyone that's wants to see it.

Let me know ..I'd be happy to fill them in.

First lets address your math problems (I see you are doing your own research again, huh? :rolleyes: )

You have to understand something over here, gg has been my math tutor all along. As long as it's close, it counts.

PennyBoy's 54% playing time was concluded by one of your fellow Jet fans who I have the utmost respect; ARodKeyWest.

CT, you really have to chill out and enjoy a few games.

Life is too short.

You have to understand something over here, gg has been my math tutor all along. As long as it's close, it counts.

PennyBoy's 54% playing time was concluded by one of your fellow Jet fans who I have the utmost respect; ARodKeyWest.

CT, you really have to chill out and enjoy a few games.

Life is too short.

why, his post was just as anal as yours

• 10 months later...
I know I know,, the huge cap hit, the weak arm.

I NEVER thought this guy would start again in the NFL.

But all that aside, you have to give this guy his props.

He has always represented the Jets in a class way, he always says Team first quotes. He always is there cheering for his team.

He has worked his arse off twice to get back to playing shape.

Had to say it.

A year after this post, I still feel the same,,

Props to Chad,,class act

Ok, you are officially GG in drag..

you are intent on hijacking this thread on a guys character and you insist on a pissing thread,,

Do I hear a OY

drag-queen.jpg

1. my hair isnt quite that red and much longer

2. i gave up smoking over 10 years ago

3. my eyebrows are more grooomed

4. my eyes are blue

5. my "5 o'clock shadow " usually takes at least 3 days to emerge

OY!

and lastly tx doesnt have the tata's for it ...

:lol:

THIS was a potw post .. sooo funny! :lol: ... ahhhh remembering back to the days of purple...

Archived