Jake Plummer - Future Jets QB?

PeterNorth09

There is no way around it, the Jets quarterback situation is, to put it nicely, horrific. Even if Pennington comes back and plays ok this year I think he will be getting cut next off-season for salary cap reasons. Ramsey's contract will expire next off-season too. That leaves us with Kellen Clemens as the only QB on our roster. Ugh.

Plummer is on his way out in Denver. Say what you want about him but he's head and shoulders better than any QB we have now and that includes precious Kellen.

It's either that or draft Brady Quinn in Round 1 and I doubt that will be happening even if we get the #1 pick overall.

There is no way around it, the Jets quarterback situation is, to put it nicely, horrific. Even if Pennington comes back and plays ok this year I think he will be getting cut next off-season for salary cap reasons. Ramsey's contract will expire next off-season too. That leaves us with Kellen Clemens as the only QB on our roster. Ugh.

Plummer is on his way out in Denver. Say what you want about him but he's head and shoulders better than any QB we have now and that includes precious Kellen.

It's either that or draft Brady Quinn in Round 1 and I doubt that will be happening even if we get the #1 pick overall.

Turd POTW nominee

Between his ridiculous contract and his fragility,Pennignton is gone after this season barring a playoff berth. But why are you so quick to write off Clemens? He was a 2nd rounder and he's well-recommended by smart people like Ron Jaworski and numerous others(such that spare the broken ankle he might've been a 1st rounder).And while he hasn't lit the scoreboard in preseason he has shown a good arm and great poise. This sound like some of the same stupidity we heard elsewhere in 2002 about Pennington. You have to give a QB a chance to play before you say so emphatically that he stinks. Plus, Plummer has a knack for bad INTs at the wrong time.

Between his ridiculous contract and his fragility,Pennignton is gone after this season barring a playoff berth. But why are you so quick to write off Clemens? He was a 2nd rounder and he's well-recommended by smart people like Ron Jaworski and numerous others(such that spare the broken ankle he might've been a 1st rounder).And while he hasn't lit the scoreboard in preseason he has shown a good arm and great poise. This sound like some of the same stupidity we heard elsewhere in 2002 about Pennington. You have to give a QB a chance to play before you say so emphatically that he stinks. Plus, Plummer has a knack for bad INTs at the wrong time.

because Clemens was picked by the coach who replaced littlepeternorth's husband

Dooshey of the Week Nominee for even mentioning Jake the Snake.

Hey guys, you do know that Kellen Clemens sucks?

And you know this based on what he's done in all of the games he's played for us, right? I just laugh how idiotic some people are. Claiming someone sucks before they even play one regular season game. Moron.

Hey guys, you do know that Kellen Clemens sucks?

You do know that Jake Plummer plays behind the best run-blocking offensive line in football, right? So he has at least one 1000-yard rusher to rely on every year? And a good (or, sometimes, great) defense to back him up?

Clemens hasn't even played in a regular season game yet, but if you wanna write him off, fine--you're entitled to your opinion, even if a lot of people disagree. But if you wanna make this argument, you've gotta come up with a better alternative than Jake the Mistake.

You do know that Jake Plummer plays behind the best run-blocking offensive line in football, right? So he has at least one 1000-yard rusher to rely on every year? And a good (or, sometimes, great) defense to back him up?

Clemens hasn't even played in a regular season game yet, but if you wanna write him off, fine--you're entitled to your opinion, even if a lot of people disagree. But if you wanna make this argument, you've gotta come up with a better alternative than Jake the Mistake.

relax,,littlepeternorth is a former jet fan who was such a hermieite that he cant come to grips with it..so he craps on all things Tangini..

Littlepeternorth is even boycotting the mall where Lia USED to shop

PeterNorth may be the worst talent evaluator I've ever seen.

I shudder to think what this team would look like if he ran it. Probably something like the Raiders, but a little worse.

well he would start with quincy carter

and of course his coach would be uncle hermie

I shudder to think what this team would look like if he ran it. Probably something like the Raiders, but a little worse.

are you sure its possible to be worse than the raiders will be?

Troll, I'm still trying to figure out what you haven't been wrong about. I remember you saying Daunte Culpeper was finished b/c of the knee injury and he sucked without Moss yet he looks like he has come back strong in Miami. The Phins got the guy for a 2nd Round pick and it looks like an absolute steal.

I thought Matt Leinart was going to suck too? Remember you saying he can't throw and that the only reason he had success in college was because of all the talent that surrounded him? Yeah Leinart is really looking lost in the NFL.

The clincher would be to see Vince Young do well in the NFL. If Vince Young turns out to be anything resembling a good QB in the NFL you will look like a total moron after all the baseless garbage you talked about him.

By the way, if anyone is copying the Raiders' blueprint it's Eric Mangini. The Raiders were the last team before the Jets to draft 2 OL in Round 1 and look at how well it worked out for them.

Troll, I'm still trying to figure out what you haven't been wrong about. I remember you saying Daunte Culpeper was finished b/c of the knee injury and he sucked without Moss yet he looks like he has come back strong in Miami. The Phins got the guy for a 2nd Round pick and it looks like an absolute steal.

I thought Matt Leinart was going to suck too? Remember you saying he can't throw and that the only reason he had success in college was because of all the talent that surrounded him? Yeah Leinart is really looking lost in the NFL.

The clincher would be to see Vince Young do well in the NFL. If Vince Young turns out to be anything resembling a good QB in the NFL you will look like a total moron after all the baseless garbage you talked about him.

By the way, if anyone is copying the Raiders' blueprint it's Eric Mangini. The Raiders were the last team before the Jets to draft 2 OL in Round 1 and look at how well it worked out for them.

PRE-SEASON.

Wait until Culpepper plays the season before says he looks good...I still don't think he is a great QB....I believe Leinart will be good as long as he is playing in warm weather.....he is NOT an all weather QB...He may be a good fit in Arizona, but doubt he would do well in the Meadowlands

Archived