The 124 F LaMont Jordan Stat Of The Week

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, I still wouldn't take him back.

He is a monster when he wants to be but he admitted to doing NO WORK in the off season and that is not the type of player we need.

We should play more Houston this week.

BZ

If Barlow gets the playbook down pat, I would like him to to get 25 carries. But if Chad has to tell him where to line up on almost every play, let Blaylock and Houston share the load.

But I would like to see some formations with Smith in the slot, and Washington as the only back. A fake reverse should work well that way.

If Barlow gets the playbook down pat, I would like him to to get 25 carries. But if Chad has to tell him where to line up on almost every play, let Blaylock and Houston share the load.

But I would like to see some formations with Smith in the slot, and Washington as the only back. A fake reverse should work well that way.

Good stuff, mbn, but Leon and cedric HAVE to block pass rushers and pick up the the blitz if they are going to get PT.

That Smith play they ran vs Tenn is the base play in a package that we will see this season, including the fake reverse.

I wont be too surprised if Brad hits the trifecta: runs for, throws, and catches TDs this season.

Good stuff, mbn, but Leon and cedric HAVE to block pass rushers and pick up the the blitz if they are going to get PT.

That Smith play they ran vs Tenn is the base play in a package that we will see this season, including the fake reverse.

I wont be too surprised if Brad hits the trifecta: runs for, throws, and catches TDs this season.

I'm with you. That's a nice play because the way it was run they have a lot of options and it will keep the other team guessing, instead of knowing "oh Brad Smith is in, here comes the reverse".

Jim Brown couldn't run behind that OL.

The Raiders are on the clock

Seriously. The line gives up more sacks than the team has completed passes and it's JORDAN'S fault that he averages 2 a carry?

I wonder what Curtis would have done behind that line. I am guessing 10 carries for 50 yards? Oh, nevermind, I am not blinded by homerism. It would probably make LJ's stats look like Jamal Lewis' 295-yard game.

Did anyone notice the way Jordan picked up the blitz in that game?He is better than ANYONE we have on this team including the saint Curtis Martin.He has NO LINE and the yards he did get he created himself.I am upset that he left too,but I'm not blind to the fact that this guy is the real deal...........

Yeah I'm blind because I don't respect a constant fumbler who runs his mouth without the stats to be able to run his mouth.

I'm a homer? You Jordan lovers are homers towards Jordan and your man love for him.

Guess how many times Lamont fumbled last season?

TWO.

As a featured back, touching the ball 342 times last season, he fumbled TWO ****ing times, only losing ONE.

But, he fumbled last night, and he also fumbled a lot when he was playing injured for us a few years ago, so that makes him the bastard child of Tiki Barber and Ahman Green.

I am not an LJ lover. You are simply a HATER and I enjoy smacking you back down to Earth. How dare you diss my big, strong battering ram like that.

Jordan is good, not as good as I thought he'd be though.

He had weight problems early in his career with the Jets, and he doesnt have the same burst right now as he did with the Jets in 2004, so yeah I'm saying he's probably overweight right now. I think he even said he didnt work hard last year.

Guess how many times Lamont fumbled last season?

TWO.

As a featured back, touching the ball 342 times last season, he fumbled TWO ****ing times, only losing ONE.

But, he fumbled last night, and he also fumbled a lot when he was playing injured for us a few years ago, so that makes him the bastard child of Tiki Barber and Ahman Green.

I am not an LJ lover. You are simply a HATER and I enjoy smacking you back down to Earth. How dare you diss my big, strong battering ram like that.

Smacking me down to earth with what proof?

1 barely 1,000 yard season?:character42:

Jordan blows.

Guarentee you he doesn't reach 1,007 or whatever he got last season this year. Enjoy your boy sucking it up in Oakland.

Blaylock & Barlow combined will out rush Jordan...possibly one of them by themselves.

For starters, you just called him a constant fumbler. I showed you the stats. You chose to ignore them.

Ignore the proof, 124! IGNORE IT!

He is a fumbler. He had his troubles here, 2 last season was good for him, but already with one last night.

LaMont Jordan will fumble 4-5 times this season.

LaMont Jordan is OVER-RATED.

Jordan Sucks.

He is a fumbler. He had his troubles here, 2 last season was good for him, but already with one last night.

LaMont Jordan will fumble 4-5 times this season.

LaMont Jordan is OVER-RATED.

Jordan Sucks.

Lamont lost a fumble in ONE season out of his 4 in New York.

Oh, and for reference, Lamont had the same amount of fumbles as Curtis Martin last season, despite touching the ball over 100 more times.

Lamont lost a fumble in ONE season out of his 4 in New York.

Oh, and for reference, Lamont had the same amount of fumbles as Curtis Martin last season, despite touching the ball over 100 more times.

Curtis Martin has gone 700+ carries straight without a fumble at one point.

I don't care if he lost them, he still put them on the ground and they could've been lost if it weren't for the people around him.

Curtis Martin has gone 700+ carries straight without a fumble at one point.

I don't care if he lost them, he still put them on the ground and they could've been lost if it weren't for the people around him.

Actually, he did NOT fumble in the other three seasons. He fumbled, while injured, 4 times in his second season, losing two. In his 4+ other seasons, Lamont Jordan has fumbled twice, losing one.

BTW, he wasn't even credited with that fumble last night.

LaMont Jordan needs to show me the #'s.

Show me some 1,200-1,500 yard seasons then I will start respecting him.

Oh,he will show you the numbers as soon as the Raiders put an NFL caliber offensive line in front of him.He left the Jets and you feel betrayed.I'm guessing you're about 18 years old,right???You sound like a kid who was jilted by his girlfriend and now she is the ugliest girl around even though in reality she's beautiful...............

• 4 weeks later...
bump

Hey 124 how come no more posts in this thread you created?

Wk 3: 6.40 ypc

Wk 4: 5.92 ypc

2006 fumbles: zero

With absolutely no offensive line, no QB, no coach.

Yeah, we were right to keep the 32 year-old.

Week 3 vs Cleveland ... I could run on Cleveland

Week 4, good performance, but, still, inconsisent.

Lets see what he does against Denver shall we?

So why don't you list the other RB's this year who averaged 6.4 ypc against Cleveland if, as you say, you could do it.

After you do that (assuming there's even one name on your list), cross out the ones with pro-bowl offensive linemen, pro-bowl quarterbacks, and recent pro-bowl WR's. Then also remove the ones who don't need to come out of the game on passing downs b/c they can't catch & run at the same time.

Jordan got a few lucky long runs, nothing spectacular for a HOME game vs the Cleveland Browns and their pathetic front line, almost as bad as ours.

Jordan is not going to rush for 1,000 yards, that's all that matters.

Week 3 vs Cleveland ... I could run on Cleveland

Week 4, good performance, but, still, inconsisent.

Lets see what he does against Denver shall we?

Nice agenda, we'll rate him only against the elite defenses with that pourus offensive line, and just throw out his strong performances against any teams that he runs well against. At least be somewhat objective and give credit where it's due. While you're ripping LJ, feel free to make a list of all the RBs to play against Cleveland who averaged better than 6 YPC. I'm sure there are a few since you could run on them.

How was Curtis that "unlucky" to not run for a single 62-yd TD in 8 seasons with the Jets behind mostly above-average offensive lines with legitimate passing attacks?

Oh wait, let me guess. He didn't get enough attempts.

Curtis wasn't a 62 yard TD runner.

Curtis is a cutback kinda guy with decent speed, not great speed.

Not saying that Jordan's speed is great but it's good and with his body frame he can barrell through defenders, sometimes, he's inconsisent.

Curtis wasn't a 62 yard TD runner.

Curtis is a cutback kinda guy with decent speed, not great speed.

Not saying that Jordan's speed is great but it's good and with his body frame he can barrell through defenders, sometimes, he's inconsisent.

You can't "cut back" into a hole when one doesn't exist. And the obviously existed for Martin.

So you still think we were better off cutting him loose and giving 30 year-old Martin a gargantuan contract?

Try comparing apples to apples. You've never seen Jordan get a real shot at starting behind a good (or even a decent) offensive line. And he still put up 100 total yds/game & 11 TD's last year (yes, receiving yards & TD's are counted in the NFL). And somehow, behind this crappola OL that couldn't create a hole vs college defenses, he's averaging 4.2 ypc.

Just admit it. He's the goods. Citing Martin's career #'s with the benefit of good offensive teams around him doesn't diminish what this 230-lb beast with speed has to offer.

Archived