Giants Shockey talking again

faba

Injured Shockey questions Giants' strategy

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Jeremy Shockey asked to be taken out during parts of the second half and for the entire overtime of the New York Giants game against the Philadelphia Eagles last weekend because his injured right ankle hurt so much.

Advertisment

I'd take him. Football games arent won by personality contests.

Were you an Abraham fan when he was here?

Do you think Coles has a winning personality?

What about Barlow?

Give me players who will go thru a wall for the team, and I dont care if they lose etiquette contests.

Shockey is a P.O.S. He had a good rookie year and has been over-rated since. He is NOT a Top 5 TE.

I'll take him. Who are your top five tight ends? I assume Gates is one, just give me the other four.

Give me players who will go thru a wall for the team, and I dont care if they lose etiquette contests.

Spoken like a true Hurricane fan.

I'll take him. Who are your top five tight ends? I assume Gates is one, just give me the other four.

Spoken like a true Hurricane fan.

LOL!

I'd take Sean Taylor on my team in a heartbeat, too.

And Clinton Portis is a bit of a wack job, too. The way I look at it, sometimes being a little off-center is a good thing for a football player.

I'm usually not one to defend Shockey, mostly because a guy who dated Tara Reid is really indefensible but anyway. One thing that can't be disputed is when Shockey is on the field he gives 120% every play. Why Coughlin has basically removed him form their entire offensive gameplan is beyond me.

Some guys talk the talk, (like Coles) but if they can walk the walk, I'm fine with that.

I'd rather have some mouthy players who can back it up than a bunch of meek, me-too JAGs

Dude, we know you root for Miami already!

I hung out with Shockey and Tara Reid at a Knicks playoff game (not that long ago v. the Nets) and while I won't say they were great intellects, they were pretty funny - making fun of Jesse Palmer for being "the Bachelor"

Dude, we know you root for Miami already!

I hung out with Shockey and Tara Reid at a Knicks playoff game (not that long ago v. the Nets) and while I won't say they were great intellects, they were pretty funny - making fun of Jesse Palmer for being "the Bachelor"

Many athletes (and other celebs, and not just Canes) are different when you see them up close and personal. A lot of our opinions are shaped by the darn main stream media, and we too often buy into what they are selling us.

I also like it when people speak their minds; that's why i never complained about Coles mouthing off. I want to hear what these guys have to say when they are being honest.

p.s. Tara Reid is not a great intellect?

NOOOOOOOO...

LOL

Like clockwork, Shockey, a cr*ppy ass baby, puts foot in mouth. Couglin should put foot up ass - and leave it there for a while.

When I was a kid I remember watching highlights and saying I liked Sample. My Dad said he was a big mouth trash talker. Of course that's probably what I liked. Hammer and Sample were two early trash talking dbs.

Johnny Sample was an original. Things were on the cusp of the Civil Rights Movement, and as to his views on inequality in the league, behind the scenes, extracurricular cr*p that went on on the field, good for him. The NFL's first openly (and rightfully so) Angry Brother with a justified chip on his shoulder with something to prove. And again, good for him. Namath kept things cool. Right on.

EDIT:

24sample8zq.jpg

Photo from the '66 Yearbook. :)

I liked Sample. My Dad said he was a big mouth trash talker. Of course that's probably what I liked.

Exactly, amigo. That's what I'm talking about.

Just make sure you show up to play on Sunday's ready to back it up.

I'll take them over a dog like Abraham any day.

Exactly, amigo. That's what I'm talking about.

Just make sure you show up to play on Sunday's ready to back it up.

I'll take them over a dog like Abraham any day.

Now, now Jetcane, you know that Abraham being a dog is not one of the things we agree on. It'd be nice if he could stay on the field, but otherwise I have no problem with him. I wouldn't mind if Ellis, Thomas or Robertson talked a little trash. It'd be nice if they made a tackle first though.

He's better than any TE we currently have on the team.

did you see the dumb idiotic play that he made at the end of the colt game??

where he didn't run out of bounds??

he should keep his mouth shut and just play..he still has alot to prove

did you see the dumb idiotic play that he made at the end of the colt game??

where he didn't run out of bounds??

he should keep his mouth shut and just play..he still has alot to prove

Like the way Chad ran out of bounds before the half ended last week?

Everyone makes mistakes, but hatin on people cuz you have an agenda is...well, it is what it is. It's as bad a tex hatin on Chad b/c he has an agenda.

#27, you know we can always agree to disagree, whether it is on pit bull dogs or dogs like Abraham.

:yahoo:

Everyone makes mistakes, but hatin on people cuz you have an agenda is...well, it is what it is. It's as bad a tex hatin on Chad b/c he has an agenda.

#27, you know we can always agree to disagree, whether it is on pit bull dogs or dogs like Abraham.

Woof. Woof.

if you are defending Schockey's dumbness..ok..thats your opinion..

and comparing the end of the half in a 17-0 game..compared to trying to tie a game at the end of the game is ridiculous

Archived