Rutgers and the Big East suck

doggystyle

These past two Thursday night games were competitive, but c'mon. These teams are softies. Rutgers D performed well in the second half and they are quick, but Michigan or OSU would freakin manhandle them, same goes for Louisville. WVU is the best team in that conference, thats not saying a lot, but i think they beat Rutgers soundly.

national championship

Michigan 24

Texas 15

These past two Thursday night games were competitive, but c'mon. These teams are softies. Rutgers D performed well in the second half and they are quick, but Michigan or OSU would freakin manhandle them, same goes for Louisville. WVU is the best team in that conference, thats not saying a lot, but i think they beat Rutgers soundly.

national championship

Michigan 24

Texas 15

Yep!

Didn't WVU get beat by Louisville? I found out at the game that Louisville petitioned 8 SEC teams for a home and away series. They all balked.

OSU had trouble beating Illinois and Cincy. I'd love that matchup for the National Championship.

Strike two. Better choke up.

It's amazing. The antagonists are getting dumber.

The Big East is not the strongest conference in America but to say it sucks is just not right.

Louisville has played major conference teams on its schedule and beat them.

IMO the next step for Rutgers is to upgrade their schedule though to validate their success.

I found out at the game that Louisville petitioned 8 SEC teams for a home and away series. They all balked.

And that is going to be Rutgers problem as they try and upgrade their schedule.

All teams (like those 8 SEC teams) would have no problem having Rutgers come down and play them on their home field.

Not one of them would want to return the favor by playing in New Jersey.

Way too risky for a non-conference game.

And that is going to be Rutgers problem as they try and upgrade their schedule.

All teams (like those 8 SEC teams) would have no problem having Rutgers come down and play them on their home field.

Not one of them would want to return the favor by playing in New Jersey.

Way too risky for a non-conference game.

We start a 4 year series vs ND in 2009 and will continue to play ACC and BIG 10 teams like UNC and Illinois.

national championship

Michigan 24

Texas 15

I'll preface this by saying I went to Penn State, so I obviously am a big 10 fan. If you want to downplay the competition of the big east, you need only look at just how bad it is in the big 10 first. Becuase besides OSU and MI, that division is pure crap.

The bottom line is real simple with Rutgers-There are a ton of teams that are better than them on paper. There are a ton of teams that have better players and better athletes than Rutgers. There are a ton of teams that play sound technical football better than Rutgers. But there is not one team in the entire country that plays with more heart than Rutgers. And there is no coach in america who gest more out of his players than Schiano. He has those guys playing so far above their abilities that it's ridiculous. For that reason alone they have the ability to beat any team they face.

I'll preface this by saying I went to Penn State, so I obviously am a big 10 fan. If you want to downplay the competition of the big east, you need only look at just how bad it is in the big 10 first. Becuase besides OSU and MI, that division is pure crap.

The bottom line is real simple with Rutgers-There are a ton of teams that are better than them on paper. There are a ton of teams that have better players and better athletes than Rutgers. There are a ton of teams that play sound technical football better than Rutgers. But there is not one team in the entire country that plays with more heart than Rutgers. And there is no coach in america who gest more out of his players than Schiano. He has those guys playing so far above their abilities that it's ridiculous. For that reason alone they have the ability to beat any team they face.

I disagree with the first part. Wisky is a very decent one loss team, and Iowa is the best 4 loss team in the country (4-0 OOC). In fact, they are playing a good one right now on the deuce. State Penn and Purdue can battle, and these teams comprise a very decent conference, along with osu and Meechigan who are elite teams this season.

As for RU, they played an instant classic the other night, but now need to show some staying power and not be a one-season wonder.

OSU > all of your teams. Enjoy your great year Rutgers fans. Just don't get too far ahead of yourselves because you still can't beat OSU .

Worry about November 18th first. Then feel free to knock the Scarlet Knights.

The fact that people are saying Rutgers is overrated because of their "weak" schedule just shows how far the Knights have come. They haven't won like this in their 137-year history, and now people have to say "Ohio State is better than Rutgers" like it is a REAL argument this year. Of course Rutgers isn't better than OSU, or really any of the other top 10 teams in the country for that matter. But they've won every game they've played and are now a well-respected program. That's a LONG ways away from the days when dropping to D-1AA was a real option.

i was actually most impressed by Rutgers D in the second half Thursday out of any of these Thursday night Big East games. But these teams are undersized, its just finesse...so what Rutgers can beat navy and a big 10 bottom feeder, louisville can beat a severely down miami. Big deal.. Rutgers is undersized and would go 5-3 in Big 10 this year if they have both UM and OSU on the schedule, with both 4-4. In the SEC same thing

Worry about November 18th first. Then feel free to knock the Scarlet Knights.

The fact that people are saying Rutgers is overrated because of their "weak" schedule just shows how far the Knights have come. They haven't won like this in their 137-year history, and now people have to say "Ohio State is better than Rutgers" like it is a REAL argument this year. Of course Rutgers isn't better than OSU, or really any of the other top 10 teams in the country for that matter. But they've won every game they've played and are now a well-respected program. That's a LONG ways away from the days when dropping to D-1AA was a real option.

Rutgers is probably one of the best stories of the season. However, let's see them do it for a few more seasons before we give them the 'well respected program" title.

GM is right. The BE is better. This year. I am willing to bet that Miami and FSU return to excellence and maintain it longer then WVU, Louisville or Rutgers.

Rutgers is probably one of the best stories of the season. However, let's see them do it for a few more seasons before we give them the 'well respected program" title.

GM is right. The BE is better. This year. I am willing to bet that Miami and FSU return to excellence and maintain it longer then WVU, Louisville or Rutgers.

Right, but why should teams compete for a national championship simply because they are "well respected programs?" F them and their respect. If they are such hot sh1t let them win their games. Oh, and don't give me any strength of schedule BS. For years teams with big names have gotten fat by beating up on stiffs.

There is a good argument for letting Rutgers play in the NC game if they win out. If they are one of only two teams to run the table, why not?

The BE is a BCS conference, and schedules are made a few years in advance, so you dont know you are going to be undefeated three years from now.

RU is a great story so far, although the WVU game may be the clock striking midnight on them. But if they go 11-0, I say let Cinderella go to the dance!

In 1983 Miami came out of nowhere and played in the NC game against perennial powerhouse Nebraska, though their schedule wasnt too bad:

9/3 @ Florida (9-2-1) L 3 28

9/10 @ Houston (4-7) W 29 7

9/17 vs. Purdue (3-7-1) W 35 0

9/24 vs. Notre Dame (7-5) W 20 0

10/1 @ Duke (3-8) W 56 17

10/8 vs. Louisville (3-8) W 42 14

10/15 @ Mississippi State (3-8) W 31 7

10/22 vs. Cincinnati (4-6-1) W 17 7 @ Cincinnati, OH

10/29 vs. West Virginia (9-3) W 20 3

11/5 vs. East Carolina (8-3) W 12 7

11/12 @ Florida State (7-5) W 17 16

1/2 vs. Nebraska (12-1) W 31 30 @ Miami, FL Orange Bowl

11-1-0

Right, but why should teams compete for a national championship simply because they are "well respected programs?" F them and their respect. If they are such hot sh1t let them win their games. Oh, and don't give me any strength of schedule BS. For years teams with big names have gotten fat by beating up on stiffs.

I do not disagree with that, but it is not as black and white as you say it is.

BCS schools have always featsed on non-BCS schools. The BCS schools use it as an extended practice and the Non-BCS schools use it as a pay day. No arguments there. There are no arguments there.

However, it is not as easy to say just win your games. Going undefeated through the Big 10, Big 12, SEC and PAC-10 is a tough task. Anyone want to see what also rans from other conferences can do in the BE? Oklahoma? Wisconsin? Cal? Auburn? What 7-3 USF do in the SEC?

On top of that, those schools also schedule tough out of conference games. OSU visited Texas. Michigan played Notre Dame. USC played Arkansas, Nebraska and still has Notre Dame. Even the ACC which is having a down year could have as many as 6 teams win 10 games this season when things are all said and done.

Trangehese said BCS schools are not doing home and aways with BE schools. So? The BE is not as good as it was with UM and VT. They need to re-establish their credibility and maybe being on the short end of some away out of conference games is the way to do it.

Rutgers is a wonderful story. However, it is in the same boat as Boise State. They have a record built on cream puffs and come from a conference that is largely weak. It might not be fair to Rutgers, but it is not exactly fair for Florida to have Rutgers bump them. After all they would have won their division in the SEC and a SEC championship game, but lost one game to another title game contender.

It is going to be hard to compare the SEC say to the Big East- quite a difference going on the road to LSU or the Swamp then to go on the road to South Florida or say Pittsburgh.

The SEC is top to bottom the strongest conference, something the BE never has been, but that didnt stop other BE teams from playing in the NC game.

I watched Arkansas last night, and they look ready to tangle with the gaytors in the SEC CG.

T'M, I think that dude is either a meeechigan or suckeye fan.

Well you can now take Texas, Cal, and Auburn out of them mix.

Here is what you are probably looking at now.

Arkansas

Florida

Notre Dame USC winner (And if Notre Dame wins I'm not so sure I would put them there anyway)

Michigan

Ohio State

The hype for the "New Game of the Century" has already begun. So there would be a great chance that the loser of the game would still have a shot just so they could have the rematch. (If the game is close)

Arkansas looks headed for a collision coure with Florida in SEC title game.

Then you have USC vs Notre Dame. If USC wins then I would put them in there over the Florida, Arkansas winner and I would probably put them in there over a Michigan Ohio State rematch. If USC wins out they would finish the year with wins over Notre Dame, Cal, and Arkansas.

Still the though of Rutgers playing in a bowl like the Sugar, Rose, or Orange Bowl is just mind boggling when you really think about it.

Archived