Bears v. Jets

BlackDiamond

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres nothing I want to see more than the Jets pummel the Bears but in all honesty, thats gonna be a tough job. The bears D can be scary good and are very very physical, and I think that will affect our O tremendously (Penny's happy feet). If the Jets can start out with a decent drive and set the tone in the 1st quarter I think we will win. However if Penny starts off with a quick int we will be in for a long day.

Jets 17

Bears 14

It's what I get when I buy overpriced coffee myself!

You Bears fans are ridiculous. You come on here ragging on our team and in general being retarded, and when we send it back to you guys you start whining and taking it to a personal level. What, you expected us to sit here and let you mock us? Jesus christ, I knew that Chicago was full of stupid people, but I thought there was some MINIMUM level of common sense there.

Of course our mods invited you. They do that for pretty much every team we play. It's done in the hopes that we get a few posters with some intelligence and common sense. It doesn't mean you're going to be treated differently than anyone else. You earn your spot here at JN, we don't give it to you.

OK, Intelligence and common sense, but insecure and stupid... gotcha.

*thumbs up*

The more I see of Grossman, the more I believe the Bears are very beatable. The early season games were an abberation and he now looks to be pretty much the same QB as last year.

first off i agree the bears are beatable but then again every team in the nfl is except the '72 dolphins. as far as grossman being the same QB he was lat year he won both games he played in last year and looked ok doing it so i hope your right.

And, it looks like our defence is really starting to "get it". Yesterday was the first game we put pressure on the QB and I see no reason why we cannot do the same against Chicago. If we play like yesterday, we'll beat the Bears like a rented mule.

i think the bears Oline is better then the Pats is if they play like they did every game so far if i'm not mistaken rex is one of the least sacked QB's this season.

That is so sensible it almost sent me into anaphylactic shock. Allow me to reciprocate. The Jets have a talented core of young players, and a coach who seems to be the real deal. They have been close in 8 out of 9 games, with a couple of very nice wins. The Bears will be hard-pressed to win this game, and will have to bring their A-Game to the Meadowlands for the second week in a row.

I really miss the anger and outraged onemanswarm that I got to know and love at the top of the previous page. I find this post confussing?

I agree with the 72 fish, very hard team to beat...The jets almost beat them though except for the fact of the fumble (I believe in the 4th quarter).

What about the 82 sack exchange Jets...I'll take that defense any day of the week (against any offense).

I agree with the 72 fish, very hard team to beat...The jets almost beat them though except for the fact of the fumble (I believe in the 4th quarter).

What about the 82 sack exchange Jets...I'll take that defense any day of the week (against any offense).

Killer Bees in the mud were better. Aj Duhe anyone?

Alright, you insipid piece of f*ck. Time to step up and earn my spot, the serphnx way: Through blatant hypocrisy! Chicago is full of stupid people? You're in f*cking La Jolla, douchebag! The only thing getting through to your drug-addled brain is UV rays. And feel free to talk all the sh*t you want about the Bears. It's not going to stop them from going Timothy Treadwell on your ass come Sunday.

lol, do you even know anything about La Jolla? Go to wikipedia and look it up.

Anyway, the Bears will be a good test for the Jets. The Bears haven't really played anyone good, so nobody actually knows how good they are. They could be great, or they could, in comparison to AFC teams, be very weak. There is no question that, against NFC teams, especially those with injury problems to key players, the Bears have posted an impressive record.

I'm personally going to be watching this game very closely, but of course I was going to do that anyway. I think moreso, many of the teams in the NFL will be watching this closely too.

Listen, it's simple as I said. If you want to discuss football civilly, Jets fans are game. If you just want to come on here and babble with inflammatory remarks, you're going to get them back at you. We Jets fans are no pushovers, we give as good as we can get, if not better. If you actually have substance to back up your posts, then you'll be here for awhile. We have quite a few Patsie trolls on here.

win the turn over battle, win the game

I would have to agree with that, with anyother team but the Bears. The Cardinals game we puked the ball up 6 times and won.. LOL.. But seriously i agree. Turn-overs will be a major factor.. Something else to think about. The Bears where one of the least penalized teams early on, and now in the last 5 games they have been probably one of the worse in the NFL.

For the Record the raiders lead that statistic, and they lead the NFL in allowed sacks.. with 40.. Jets have 20, and the Bears have only allowed Grossman to be sacked 11 times. That is tied with Favre for 2nd best. And P.Manning has only been sacked 10 times to lead the league.

I don't know....I've heard this "win the turnover battle, and win the game" stuff all year.

It hasn't necessarily panned out.

As was said...The Cards definately won the turnover battle...and lost anyway.

If you ain't got the heart, it just ain't gonna happen.

I believe that the JETS definately "have the heart", as do the BEARS.

The question here is....do they have the fire-power.

And, if it comes down to fire-power...imo, we got'cha way outgunned.

But, like I said....that's just my opinion. And, you know what they say about "opinions"...LOL!!!

Guess we'll see.

This should be a GREAT GAME!!!!

I don't know....I've heard this "win the turnover battle, and win the game" stuff all year.

It hasn't necessarily panned out.

As was said...The Cards definately won the turnover battle...and lost anyway.

If you ain't got the heart, it just ain't gonna happen.

I believe that the JETS definately "have the heart", as do the BEARS.

The question here is....do they have the fire-power.

And, if it comes down to fire-power...imo, we got'cha way outgunned.

But, like I said....that's just my opinion. And, you know what they say about "opinions"...LOL!!!

Guess we'll see.

This should be a GREAT GAME!!!!

C'mon. The Cards are a bottom five team and they almost (should) have won.

i'm real curious to see how we match up in this game. can we give chad enough time to operate against a tenacious d. can we stop the run is the biggest key imo though.

if we somehow pull off a win, or if it even comes down to the last series, I'll be duly impressed.

can we scheme enough to confuse the O without giving up any big plays

can penny connect for any long ones.

I think it has the makings for a great game

i'm real curious to see how we match up in this game. can we give chad enough time to operate against a tenacious d. can we stop the run is the biggest key imo though.

if we somehow pull off a win, or if it even comes down to the last series, I'll be duly impressed.

can we scheme enough to confuse the O without giving up any big plays

can penny connect for any long ones.

I think it has the makings for a great game

I think so.

Look at it this way. IF the "critics" are right about the BEARS not being as good as their numbers,

the fact still remains that they are 8 - 1. Even if it IS truly, a "weak NFC".

On the other hand, you have the JETS, at 5-4...but, in a strong AFC.

We are, at the very least, as good as each other. So, this should prove to be a GREAT Match Up!

A DEFENSIVE DOG FIGHT, Indeed!!!.....:box:

We'll all know by 4:00 Sunday Afternoon. (3:00 in Chicago...)

BEARS 31 / JETS 28......:yahoo:

C'mon. The Cards are a bottom five team and they almost (should) have won.

How do you figure????

We came back like Godzilla Over Tokyo, and crushed them back into the pavement.

Right to the last second of the game, when they went for that field goal, and Hillenmeyer blocked it.

Fair and Square. We came back and kicked the dog-crap out of them.

Well, DEFENSIVELY anyway. I have no clue as to where the hell our offense went.

This is the scarry thing about the offense for BEARS fans. Sometimes, they just don't show up.

When they're there, they are ROCKIN'. But, when they're not, they are nowhere to be found.

I mean NOWHERE.

I'm hoping they are THERE this Sunday. Something finally woke them up last Sunday.

The first entire HALF of the game, they were non-existant. (trust me...I was

out-of-my-mind PISSED OFF!!!....lol!!!)

Then......BLAM!!!!!

What the hell happened!?????

I went from screaming at my TV....to ROCKIN', in a heart beat.

I went from "Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia (that woulf be REX),

to "CROWN THAT S.O.B.!!!!"...HOLY SH*T!!!!

This is the problem with the BEARS. When the offense shows up, they are very consistant, and balanced

on all phases of the ball.

The problem is, they don't CONSISTANTLY show up. It's a crap-shoot from week to week.

Will they be there today...or will they not.

Fortunately, most of them have been in our favor.

I mean, we're 8 -1....but, 2 of those were VERY "iffy"....and one of them we got our azzes handed to us

by a team that we should have decimated.

....but, hey....as "they" say: A Win Is A Win.

How do you figure????

I mean, we're 8 -1....but, 2 of those were VERY "iffy"....and one of them we got our azzes handed to us

by a team that we should have decimated.

....but, hey....as "they" say: A Win Is A Win.

I wasn't putting down the Bears, just saying that if you guys give up 6 turnovers to the Jets you'll be in a world of trouble. The Cards absolutely SUCK and the final score was 24-23. Pennington would put up more than 23 points off of 6 turnovers, noodle arm and all.

As with most games the deciding factor is going to be the battle at the line. If Mangold, D-Brick, Pete, and co. can buy Chad enough time, he can pick apart a defense with the best of them. If your O-line can handle all the different looks that the Penguin is gonna throw at you, your offense is definately capable of putting up some points.

Hey, has anyone heard if Berrian is gonna play for sure? I haven't heard much on the subject. IMO, without Berrian I don't see your offense really having any deep threat which will cause major problems for the Jets secondary.

Hey, has anyone heard if Berrian is gonna play for sure? I haven't heard much on the subject. IMO, without Berrian I don't see your offense really having any deep threat which will cause major problems for the Jets secondary.

Berrian is still listed as questionable as of todays practice, but I heard on the radio he did practice. As for not having a deep threat if Berrian is out... I think Mark Bradley is itching to prove he can regain his starting position as the number 2, he lost to Berrian last season. He didnt do too bad for his first game back this past Sunday after an injury earlier in the year.

Oh man, you're right, and you guys still can't beat the teams we can beat. Geez, how bad must that make you? .

Well, let's see... The Jets beat 2-7 Tennessee, beat 3-6 Buffalo, beat 3-6 Miami, beat 2-7 Detroit and beat 6-3 New England. The Jets have beaten one team over .500, the Bears have beaten two. Doesn't sound like there's any Jet dominance to be found there.

How bad does that make YOU?

Go Bears. It's a...:lock:

I wasn't putting down the Bears, just saying that if you guys give up 6 turnovers to the Jets you'll be in a world of trouble. The Cards absolutely SUCK and the final score was 24-23. Pennington would put up more than 23 points off of 6 turnovers, noodle arm and all.

The defensive line stepped up in that game. Bertrand Berry had a monster game I believe. That's the key against the Bears offense. You have to be able to blow up their line. I'm not sure the Jets have the defensive linemen to pressure Grossman into making picks. Scheme can only get you so far. You know your team better than me. You think any of your Dlinemen have a chance at having a monster day?

The defensive line stepped up in that game. Bertrand Berry had a monster game I believe. That's the key against the Bears offense. You have to be able to blow up their line. I'm not sure the Jets have the defensive linemen to pressure Grossman into making picks. Scheme can only get you so far. You know your team better than me. You think any of your Dlinemen have a chance at having a monster day?

First of all, yes, they did have a monster week last week. Second of all, it is scheme. The 3-4 does generate pressure through scheme because you are sending lbs and dbs on every play and hope to get through with confusion because the OL doesn't know who is coming and who is dropping into coverage. The Bears are a tough team, but hopefully Grossman is going to get confused by seeing a different look every down.

First of all, yes, they did have a monster week last week. Second of all, it is scheme. The 3-4 does generate pressure through scheme because you are sending lbs and dbs on every play and hope to get through with confusion because the OL doesn't know who is coming and who is dropping into coverage. The Bears are a tough team, but hopefully Grossman is going to get confused by seeing a different look every down.

That'll be key. If you get pressure you have a chance at turnovers. How do you feel you stack up against their run game. Looks like you're improving somewhat in that department. Think you can stop their run gm?

*edited out the photo, it was too much, sorry*

*edited the photo back in, Im sure Jets fans arent nearly as squeamish about Pennington as Bears fans are about "wrecks" Grossman*

Im going to run for cover now... :P

:rl: :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

That'll be key. If you get pressure you have a chance at turnovers. How do you feel you stack up against their run game. Looks like you're improving somewhat in that department. Think you can stop their run gm?

Actually, I don't have a clue as to how we stack up against their run game. I watched the 1st half Sunday night and felt pretty good. Then I woke up and saw what happened to the Giants in the second half and I'm not feeling confident at all. Hopefully, Mangini used the bye week to do more than prepare for the Pats.

Actually, I don't have a clue as to how we stack up against their run game. I watched the 1st half Sunday night and felt pretty good. Then I woke up and saw what happened to the Giants in the second half and I'm not feeling confident at all. Hopefully, Mangini used the bye week to do more than prepare for the Pats.

Part of that could have been the fact that Tiki was purported to be injured in the second half. It also could have been the Bears gearing up for the second half. They seem to make really good adjustments in the second half, at least defensively.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game was a shoot out in the first half, and then the defenses both take over in the second half. We'll probably look to Leon Washington in the first half to get our running game on track, and the second half would probably play more to Barlow's power running.

For the Bears, as I've mentioned before, they simply can not turn the ball over as they have been doing the past few weeks. It's one thing to turn the ball over against the Cardinals and even the Giants and pull out a win, it's another thing against an AFC team. I will be stunned if the team losing the turnover battle wins this game.

It seems to me that in this game Cedric Houston would be a great back to use. Washington is probably gonna have a hard time finding holes. You guys would probably be better served having some backs run who have some pop. Barlow and Houston is a more physical set of backs which might be better suited for this defense

Archived