Chad Pennington

Boozer76

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously!! How could anyone possibly demand any more than Chad has done already!! He is awesomely nice!!

Hey Booz, did you know that 3 of PennyBoy's last 6 games, he had a QB rating of less than 45?

And he has also now thrown for more INT's than TD's?

Yea, the guy is just pure;) gold.

Who on God's green earth expected a Super Bowl victory this year? Most had us down for 3 or 4 wins? We are still in the playoff hunt and this season isn't over to turn it over to a kid.

You were not around last week were you?

Hey Booz, did you know that 3 of PennyBoy's last 6 games, he had a QB rating of less than 45?

And he has also now thrown for more INT's than TD's?

Yea, the guy is just pure;) gold.

If your gonna bash him with things like performance, then you clearly have no idea what footbal is about. Patsy troll!!

Nice guy Chad cost us the game today. Stupid ****ing decisions by Chad KILLED us in this game.

How many times were we in Chicago territory? 11 ****ing points would have won this game. Pennyboy put up a goose egg.

99% of this loss is on Chad. 1% is on Mangini for that stupid onside kick call.

I actually like the onsides kick call.

Jets defense was playing great, and you would expect the QB and the offense to put some points on the board in the 2nd half.

Oh, nevermind.

If your gonna bash him with things like performance, then you clearly have no idea what footbal is about. Patsy troll!!

I keep forgeting.

It's all about being a class act, having heart and desire and saying all the right things.

Actual performance on the football field is irrelevant.

I keep forgeting.

It's all about being a class act, having heart and desire and saying all the right things.

Actual performance on the football field is irrelevant.

No you don't understand. It has nothing to do with the heart either. See, since Chad has such a ****ty arm, which, btw, doesn't matter at all and he doesn't really have a weak arm, he must be super intelligent and everything he does on the field is the right decision. Don't you know anything troll?

It's not Chad's fault that he can't play defense and catch passes and block! Stop asking Chad to score points, don't you understand how much he does for this team? If Chad wasn't there, the Jets would lose 63-0 every single game, and 140-0 against the Jaguars.

It's not Chad's fault that he can't play defense and catch passes and block!

1) The Jets didn't need PennyBoy to play defense today. They did a great job holding the highest scroing offense to 10 points.

2) Even PennyBoy wouldn't be able to catch the pathetic passes that he threw to himself.

3) Once again, the OLine played very well today, even with two rookies.

1) The Jets didn't need PennyBoy to play defense today. They did a great job holding the highest scroing offense to 10 points.

2) Even PennyBoy wouldn't be able to catch the pathetic passes that he threw to himself.

3) Once again, the OLine played very well today, even with two rookies.

I'll take my lumps today. Chad played like crap and actually lost the game for us. He did two things he generally doesn't do: INT in the red zone and INT with an absolutely stupid throw. Right or wrong (it was wrong) I feel it was a result of him trying the win the game himself rather than just playing and letting the rest of the offense do the job. That's something all rational people (and some irrational Pats fans) agree he can't do.

I'll take my lumps today. Chad played like crap and actually lost the game for us. He did two things he generally doesn't do: INT in the red zone and INT with an absolutely stupid throw. Right or wrong (it was wrong) I feel it was a result of him trying the win the game himself rather than just playing and letting the rest of the offense do the job. That's something all rational people (and some irrational Pats fans) agree he can't do.

You're a good poster Dom, and you clearly identified two huge mistakes which cost the Jets the football game today.

He is also the only quarterback currently on the roster that is capable of leading this team to the playoffs. Discuss that.

I can't discuss that. It's too sad. It makes Titanic look like a Marx Brothers movie.

You're a good poster Dom, and you clearly identified two huge mistakes which cost the Jets the football game today.

The good news is that the other two big mistakes, the offsides by Mangold and missed tackle for the td by Drew Coleman, were by rookies. Was there supposed to be safety help on the TD or was it a blitz? Usually I watch the replays, but I was cursing and fielding phone calls of other people cursing. Phone literally rang before Bradley stepped in the end zone.

No you don't understand. It has nothing to do with the heart either. See, since Chad has such a ****ty arm, which, btw, doesn't matter at all and he doesn't really have a weak arm, he must be super intelligent and everything he does on the field is the right decision. Don't you know anything troll?

It's not Chad's fault that he can't play defense and catch passes and block! Stop asking Chad to score points, don't you understand how much he does for this team? If Chad wasn't there, the Jets would lose 63-0 every single game, and 140-0 against the Jaguars.

afeter a 21.1 rating in cleveland and a 42.8 today, how can you blame any other jet?/ he learned how to schmooze the press from herm, but he can't deliver on the field. he had the bye week to rest that noodle arm before we played a pats team with injuries, but today the usual ducky showed up again.

as we've already seen with cotch and houston and washington, how do you know anybody else at qb would be worse? don't see how!

The chances of a rookie QB coming in and playing better then Chad has are NIL.

The chances of Pennington taking another Jets team to the play-offs are low but not as low as him taking us to a superbowl - those define NIL.

This bad game BS isn't holding any water anymore. He does not make the throws better than half the time he's out there. Bring in the kid so we will have some indication of what we need to do in the draft.

The chances of Pennington taking another Jets team to the play-offs are low but not as low as him taking us to a superbowl - those define NIL.

This bad game BS isn't holding any water anymore. He does not make the throws better than half the time he's out there. Bring in the kid so we will have some indication of what we need to do in the draft.

Does the kid know the play book? I hope everybody realizes that about 75% of the success we have had on O comes from this no huddle BS. We aren't exactly blowing people off the ball. I doubt Clemens is ready to run it. The fact that Houston and Washington had several 10 yard runs is meaningless because you cannot sustain a long drive with 10 yard runs and -2 yard runs.

I know chad's been pretty rough lately, but how bout addressing that although cotch and coles are solid recievers, the run games suspect and theirs no big play threats in the offense. every drive has to be perfect to score points. Eli sucks just as much as chad right now, but 6'something monster plaxico burress hides alot of that by catching deep balls that were horrible. chads tryin to do too much with too little

Thats a conversation you have in week 15 when you are out of the playoff hunt. Not now.

Yes, because looking one way the entire time and throwing behind a WR when you have another one totally wide open for an INT is a great intangible. As is throwing a ball completely up for grabs without looking. Also overthrowing WRs, to prove you have a strong arm. What great intangibles.

When I say intangibles I mean leadership, command of the offense, mental compasity to adapt to the new offense quickly, his accuracy, those things....not his play as an NFL qb, that is another story. He cant make NFL throws and it always shows up vs teams with good defenses.

Thats a conversation you have in week 15 when you are out of the playoff hunt. Not now.

Dude, the Jets are friggn' 5-5 and two full games (plus multiple tie-breakers) against the Pats) out of the lead for the AFCE.

Do you really believe an 8-8 team will secure a Wild Card position?

This is the same thought process the Jets had 5 years ago with VT and Chad.

I am 100% sure you will not know what you have until he actually plays.

What happens next year? Whether you make the playoffs or not, with 8-10 wins this year, you will be thinking playoffs. Going to turn the ball over to Clemens then? Probably not.

Chad is not the answer. Why keep him around? To maintain the mediocricy?

Dude, the Jets are friggn' 5-5 and two full games (plus multiple tie-breakers) against the Pats) out of the lead for the AFCE.

Do you really believe an 8-8 team will secure a Wild Card position?

The jets will not go 8-8 with their remaining schedule troll. After next week it will be 1 game back.

The jets will not go 8-8 with their remaining schedule troll. After next week it will be 1 game back.

It is not like the Jets will be prohibitive favorties in any of those games.

If Chad continues to play like he has.......you will be lucky to split those games.

It is not like the Jets will be prohibitive favorties in any of those games.

If Chad continues to play like he has.......you will be lucky to split those games.

Aside from the brown game in which we were robbed of a win, the jets have beaten every team they should have and i don't see any reason to think thats going to change in the 2nd half when the D is clearly improving.

Does the kid know the play book? I hope everybody realizes that about 75% of the success we have had on O comes from this no huddle BS. We aren't exactly blowing people off the ball. I doubt Clemens is ready to run it. The fact that Houston and Washington had several 10 yard runs is meaningless because you cannot sustain a long drive with 10 yard runs and -2 yard runs.

I think this is the key reason Chad is starting and will continue to start. He is clearly the only QB on the team capable of running our O. Unfortunately he is incapable of throwing the ball consistently or with and authority. He is helping to develop the rest of the O and we probably see Clemens step in at some point against maybe Green Bay to get a feel for things.

Chad clearly isn't the answer, he killed us today in a game we dominated in every phase except at QB. At some point Clemens needs to get some reps and we need to see if he can be the guy. Chad is going to be signed for backup money or cut.

Aside from the brown game in which we were robbed of a win, the jets have beaten every team they should have and i don't see any reason to think thats going to change in the 2nd half when the D is clearly improving.

How do you feel about Chad's inaccuracy and inconsistency thus far in 2006? Do you agree even that he HAS been both more inaccurate, and more inconsistent, than any other tim in his career? Does his INT to TD ratio bother you at all? And would you place responsabillity for the two INT's today on Chad, or on his WR's or his protection?

You need to really open your eyes.

PennyBoy is absolutely pathetic, and the best the Jets will go from here on out is 3-3.

:rolleyes:

You were robbed of a chance to lose in OT.

The loss to the Browns, in which Chad played like crap, your team showed they cannot exactly chalk any game up for victory. You might want to glance at the standings, the Phins and Jills are alot closer then they appear.

When I say intangibles I mean leadership, command of the offense, mental compasity to adapt to the new offense quickly, his accuracy, those things....not his play as an NFL qb, that is another story. He cant make NFL throws and it always shows up vs teams with good defenses.

And you think he displayed accuracy and command of the offense today? How do you guage accuracy if you ignore his play as an NFL qb anyway?

Are you kidding? You really think the Patriots can lose to the Bears? Brady isn't Pennington, the Pats probably win this game going away. It'll probably be something like 17-3 by the end of the half. Then Grossman melts down, and the game finishes about 38-10. Grossman gets one lucky TD maybe in the second half, but that's it.

We're not going to finish better than 9-7/10-6 with Chad. This is the worst possible scenario tx has mentioned before, Pennington does just well enough to just barely miss the playoffs/make the playoffs, get a worse draft pick, keep his job, and make sure we go nowhere for another year. Next year's schedule will be harder, so he'll either get injured or go 6-10.

How do you feel about Chad's inaccuracy and inconsistency thus far in 2006? Do you agree even that he HAS been both more inaccurate, and more inconsistent, than any other tim in his career? Does his INT to TD ratio bother you at all? And would you place responsabillity for the two INT's today on Chad, or on his WR's or his protection?

Chad has clearly has had some bad games this year and he made a few horrible reads today and threw 2 backbreaking picks that fall on no one but him. That being said however he's also played very week at times and as Mangini said after the game, a lot of the reason we have had success lately running the ball is Chad's ability to read defenses and check down to a run.

Also EVERY JET FAN ALIVE would've signed for 5-5 after the brown debacle going into games vs the patsys and bears.

Archived