How come the Patriots are FAVORITES this weekend?

Blackout

The Bears are the most least respected 9-1 teams in a long time. Mostly, because their schedule appears to be soft.

I don't buy into that much though, I really believe that the Bears are legit, regardless of who they've played.

That said, I do believe the Patriots can and will beat them.

Although the Bears D will somewhat keep Brady modest, they are soft up the gut, and with the one/two punch of Dillon/Maroney, Brady will be able to drive the Pats on long drives and he will not fail to punch a few in.

Not only that, but I think the Pats will attack Grossman and the Bears O much like the Dolphins did, leaving Brady plenty of short fields, which he most likely will again, take advantage of.

The Pats could actually win this game in a laugher.

However the Bears, in my opinion, will still travel further down the road to the Superbowl than the Pats.

Because Kraft has lots of money. For some reason they are the darlings of the nfl.

they got away with changing the field from grass to fieldturf, in the middle of the season!

they're favored cause it's a home game and they have a qb who can actually throw more than 7 yards with velocity and accuracy.

they got away with changing the field from grass to fieldturf, in the middle of the season!

they're favored cause it's a home game and they have a qb who can actually throw more than 7 yards with velocity and accuracy.

Got away with it? Something tells me the only reason it was ever changed was because of one certain whiney ass GM in Indianapolis.

Got away with it? Something tells me the only reason it was ever changed was because of one certain whiney ass GM in Indianapolis.

Why would he care? They beat the Pats ass already. Pats will not have home field in the playoffs so Indy doesn't care at all. I'd think Polian would be more concerned with outlawing Tomlinson's cleats at this point.

Good point, but I seem to remember another Qb that could not throw over 7 yards with any velocity or accuracy that beat them just a few weeks ago.... who was that again? HaHa.. Just needed to say that, but I agree wholeheartedly that it's the homefield advantage..

Winner winner chicken dinner????

What the heck is that? Is this the new "cool" way to say Exactly? Or Bingo? ;)

The lame-ass sports yakker on the Binghamton CBS station uses that all the time. I guess it has made it down to lame-ass messageboard posters, now.

Why would he care? They beat the Pats ass already. Pats will not have home field in the playoffs so Indy doesn't care at all. I'd think Polian would be more concerned with outlawing Tomlinson's cleats at this point.

That's a good question but the man lives to bitch and moan just like his moron coach.

Good point, but I seem to remember another Qb that could not throw over 7 yards with any velocity or accuracy that beat them just a few weeks ago.... who was that again? HaHa.. Just needed to say that, but I agree wholeheartedly that it's the homefield advantage..

Exactly how is it a homefield advantage? Are you insinuating that there is another NFL team that has a worse field than the Patriots had? I can assure you that Brian Urlacher didn't come to town thinking "Damn!! I wish they had left the sandbox the way it was so my speed would be completely negated." Give me a freakin' break people. Go watch an episode of X Files or something.

9-1 Chicago @ 7-3 New England

Home team ALWAYS gets 3 points but still I don't see the logic in favoring New England who is a pathetic 2-3 at home losing to all 3 of the winning teams that came in there (Denver, Indy, Jets). Field Turf isn't going to take away the fact that they don't have a receiver capable of anything higher than a #3 role on any other NFL roster and having to go against Tillman and Vasher? Good luck.

Exactly how is it a homefield advantage? Are you insinuating that there is another NFL team that has a worse field than the Patriots had? I can assure you that Brian Urlacher didn't come to town thinking "Damn!! I wish they had left the sandbox the way it was so my speed would be completely negated." Give me a freakin' break people. Go watch an episode of X Files or something.

I just meant that the reason they were likely a 3 point favorite is because they were playing in front of the home crowd.. If the game was in soldier, I'll bet the Bears are 3 point favs.. not sure what you read into it.. but I am in fact glad they changed the field...

Home team ALWAYS gets 3 points but still I don't see the logic in favoring New England who is a pathetic 2-3 at home losing to all 3 of the winning teams that came in there (Denver, Indy, Jets). Field Turf isn't going to take away the fact that they don't have a receiver capable of anything higher than a #3 role on any other NFL roster and having to go against Tillman and Vasher? Good luck.

lol we're a winning team now? I thought you had to be above .500 to have a winning record. Didn't they beat the Bengals? They have the same record as us, and are probably better.

lol we're a winning team now? I thought you had to be above .500 to have a winning record. Didn't they beat the Bengals? They have the same record as us, and are probably better.

Ah, okay, true. We went in there 4-4 and now we're 5-4.

Nevertheless, THEY STILL HAVN'T BEATEN AN ABOVE .500 TEAM AT HOME.;)

I just meant that the reason they were likely a 3 point favorite is because they were playing in front of the home crowd.. If the game was in soldier, I'll bet the Bears are 3 point favs.. not sure what you read into it.. but I am in fact glad they changed the field...

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post...I think

Our home record leaves a lot to be desired but the losses were by 10, 7 and 3 points.

If they don't win tomorrow I will wait for Kraft outside his luxury box and demand a refund for this years Season Tickets!

I just received my playoff invoice. 3 seats for each of the Divisional round and the AFC Championship (never gonna happen at home). Grand Total: $994!

Our home record leaves a lot to be desired but the losses were by 10, 7 and 3 points.

If they don't win tomorrow I will wait for Kraft outside his luxury box and demand a refund for this years Season Tickets!

I just received my playoff invoice. 3 seats for each of the Divisional round and the AFC Championship (never gonna happen at home). Grand Total: $994!

$994?:rl::character41::lol:

:bwahaharoll:

Good luck with that bro. Don't even bother, the Top 3 AFC seeds, one of them will be hosting the AFC Championship Game and New England as the 4 seed will probably be bounced out in the Divisional anyways.

Sell them on stub hub;)

Good luck with that bro. Don't even bother, the Top 3 AFC seeds, one of them will be hosting the AFC Championship Game and New England as the 4 seed will probably be bounced out in the Divisional anyways.

The NFL sets the prices and as you know they make you buy both rounds of playoff games regardless if you have a chance to host the Championship.

right now I believe they'd be facing the Broncos or Chiefs in the first round

even Herm can't lose that game, all he's gotta do is run LJ another 30-35 times

Archived