Cimini On Justin Miller

Maxman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justin Miller catches the KOs at his forehead-I've never seen a guy do that on every kick-and clearly he's got the other coaches concerned since they don't even want to kick to him if they don't have to...you can't underestimate what a great returner can bring to the table like a win or two a year-by himself.Chad Morton got us a playoff spot against Buffalo a few years back

people will look at this as a negative - but i think it's a positive

there are three phases to football and all of these phases are essential

if Miller can bust one for a TD that's a game changing play - one can argue more game changing than 95% of the usual CB plays - if the other team squibs it not only can he still break it but they are sacrificing 20 yards of field position right off the bat - it's a dangerous weapon.

if he's only coming on the field for nickel/dime packages he will be fresher for special teams

sort of a younger/defensive version of Dante Hall

there's no shame in that

many second rounders in the league don't contrinute much at all, at least Miller is making a positive contribution to the team

plus there's always the possibility that the light goes on at PR (if not CB) - he's ridiculously young @ 22 years old.

You know why Justin Miller is the best KR in the league? Because teams (evidenced by Houston on Sunday) are starting to now kick away from Miller and are opting to let Leon Washington or another player to return. Joshua Cribbs, Dante Hall & Laurence Maroney arn't getting that now are they? When Houston kicked off on Sunday it was directly to the other side of the field so that Miller wouldn't be th returner or it was a short squib.

Miller - 2 TD's, highest return average, more KR's than Maroney, who, has yet to bring one back as well.

Now, if you're going to ask me whose going to be on the field more? Most likely Maroney because Miller needs to improve during the off-season on defense or else he could be down to the 4th or 5th corner for 07 and beyond while Maroney will crack the starting lineup by 07 or 08 in New England.

Miller - 2 TD's, highest return average, more KR's than Maroney, who, has yet to bring one back as well.

The reason Miller has so many more returns than Maroney is because the Jets defense sucks so bad teams score at will against them. Of course Miller will have more opportunities.

And Miller has a whopping .1 yard lead over Maroney.:yawn:

On Maroney's two long kick returns, the Pats scored TD's once on the very next play and another on their 3rd play. So what's the difference who scores the TD as long as the team scores?

The reason Miller has so many more returns than Maroney is because the Jets defense sucks so bad teams score at will against them. Of course Miller will have more opportunities.

And Miller has a whopping .1 yard lead over Maroney.:yawn:

On Maroney's two long kick returns, the Pats scored TD's once on the very next play and another on their 3rd play. So what's the difference who scores the TD as long as the team scores?

Miller also has had more returns, once Maroney has as much returns as Miller I'd love to see the averages then, Maroney wouldn't be within 2 or 3 yards, guarenteed, possibly 5.

I'll take Miller as a KR anyday, you're foolish to think Maroney's any better.

Miller also has had more returns, once Maroney has as much returns as Miller I'd love to see the averages then, Maroney wouldn't be within 2 or 3 yards, guarenteed, possibly 5.

I'll take Miller as a KR anyday, you're foolish to think Maroney's any better.

You're right, I'd take a one trick pony KR over a multi-threat RB any day of the week. :rolleyes:

Aren't you the same guy that "guarenteed" Gus Scott would be with the Jets for "quite a while" because of his relationship with Mangini?

Who would you rather have as a player?

Maroney or Miller?

Case closed.

The question was... "who would you rather have as a KR?". That was a rather crude switch up there TX.

Maroney is a future all pro RB IMO and probably too valuable to use in that phase of the game. You need him to have a long career and that is not consistent with being special teams cannon fodder on a weekly basis.

That said, Miller probably is better as a pure KR (to answer the question that was actually asked). Althogu both of them are clearly good.

I still hold out some hope for Miller. With CB's I have seen where total wash outs suddenly become quite good at the position. It is almost as if a light goes on. Maybe it will with Miller. In the mean time his KR skills are more than enough to keep him on the team.

The question was... "who would you rather have as a KR?". That was a rather crude switch up there TX.

Maroney is a future all pro RB IMO and probably too valuable to use in that phase of the game. You need him to have a long career and that is not consistent with being special teams cannon fodder on a weekly basis.

That said, Miller probably is better as a pure KR (to answer the question that was actually asked). Althogu both of them are clearly good.

I still hold out some hope for Miller. With CB's I have seen where total wash outs suddenly become quite good at the position. It is almost as if a light goes on. Maybe it will with Miller. In the mean time his KR skills are more than enough to keep him on the team.

I'd take Miller as a KRer as well.;)

If you think it's harder to get a RB then the best KR in football then your the one who knows nothing. RB as good as Moroney are easy to get.

As much as I admire the stick-to-it-ness of your disagreements with TX here, I think you are on dodgy ground with this one. Maroney will be a force in this league for years to come. You don't just go out and pick up a running back like him every day. I am happy as hell with Mangold and the way things worked out on that score but I would have been equally happy had the Jets managed to make a move and snag Maroney.

As much as I admire the stick-to-it-ness of your disagreements with TX here, I think you are on dodgy ground with this one. Maroney will be a force in this league for years to come. You don't just go out and pick up a running back like him every day. I am happy as hell with Mangold and the way things worked out on that score but I would have been equally happy had the Jets managed to make a move and snag Maroney.

If you think a RB is as valuable as a Center you have bad priorities. The Jets can get a RB any number of places that are as good if not better then Maroney.

Archived