Cimini On Justin Miller

Maxman

If you think a RB is as valuable as a Center you have bad priorities. The Jets can get a RB any number of places that are as good if not better then Maroney.

I'm siding with MM on this one, I don't think it's even a fair comparison between Mangold and Maroney. Want to talk about a tough position to fill with a top notch talent then look no further than center.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now you go from being a dumbass to a complete moron.

Maroney has been a little suspect rushing wise against the good defenses of Chicago and Denver (25 carries for 51 yds). Miami 18 carries for 38 yds.

I know how that is your end all criteria.;)

I like his versaltility though as a returner, pass catcher. Hopefully with time he shows up against the top defenses.

Maroney has been a little suspect rushing wise against the good defenses of Chicago and Denver (25 carries for 51 yds). I know how that is your end all criteria.;)

I like his versaltility though as a returner, pass catcher. Hopefully with time he shows up against the top defenses.

I didn't even say Maroney was a bad player. The fact is that good RB's are easier to get then just about EVERY other position on a football field. And Maroney is Good NOT Great.

I'm siding with MM on this one, I don't think it's even a fair comparison between Mangold and Maroney. Want to talk about a tough position to fill with a top notch talent then look no further than center.

I direct your attention to Dan Koppen our 5th. round draft pick in 2003...

The one thing that has really impressed me so far with Maroney, is his pass catching ability.

He's made some great catches so far and I can't recall one drop yet this season.

I direct your attention to Dan Koppen our 5th. round draft pick in 2003...

I'll have to take your word for it, I don't follow the patsies center position very much. Honestly though, are you talking long standnig probowl talent or solid 10 year starter? Not having one over the other is not a huge difference but I think Mangold may fall into the former category soon enough and that is very good news.

I'll have to take your word for it, I don't follow the patsies center position very much. Honestly though, are you talking long standnig probowl talent or solid 10 year starter? Not having one over the other is not a huge difference but I think Mangold may fall into the former category soon enough and that is very good news.
Exactly. Koppen is painfully AVG. Mangold will be playing in Hawaii on a yearly basis.

with Dillion's fumbleitis and obviously slow down, why even bother putting him in the game anymore?

How many rookie RB's can go in and carry the rock 25+ times a game?

I like what the Pats are doing splitting the carries.

First of all, it gives Maroney the opportunity to ease into the line-up. Second, Dillon really hasn't been sucking when he is in there.;)

To repeat, I am happy as heck the way Mangold has come in BETTER than advertized. It was a break for us that injuries on the offensive line put him in the starters spot from day one. He may be the steal of the first round when all is said and done.

At the time I wanted Maroney before the Pats snagged him and Maroney is clearly (to these eyes) a TOP running back in the making. Maybe therein lies the difference. If you have a lower opinion of Maroney then yes indeed it should be possible to pick one up in the draft any year or off the 2nd-tier free agent lists. If you think he is a franchise back, as I do, then that is not true.

You probably think Schelgel will also be playing in Hawaii on a yearly basis as well.

What a friggn' homer you are.

Yeah because a rookie center that has started every game and done NOTHING but dominate good players on the line, INCLUDING WILLFAT is the exact same as a LB with 2 ST tackle on the year.

MadMike

You're ****ing destroying Tex in this thread. I think it's time to call you JonEJetjr

Tx is having a rough week. Anyone see the other day when he jumped into a thread saying how the first round of the playoffs worked? But he was wrong. Yeah Tx we know it is because the Pats always have a bye in Round 1. Yeah, we get it.

At any rate it was as funny as the time he started a thread calling me out. Except he started the thread on JI.

Insert Blue Shocked Smiley Face Here?

why are we comparing maroney and miller?

maroney was a first round pick in the 06 draft

millter was a second round pick in the 05 draft

there is no rational ground to compare these athletes

since when does rationality play into any of these tx cluster F threads???

The reason Miller has so many more returns than Maroney is because the Jets defense sucks so bad teams score at will against them. Of course Miller will have more opportunities.

And Miller has a whopping .1 yard lead over Maroney.:yawn:

On Maroney's two long kick returns, the Pats scored TD's once on the very next play and another on their 3rd play. So what's the difference who scores the TD as long as the team scores?

...um, Maroney shares KR duties with Mr. Scary himslef, Kevin Faulk. Keep him sort of fresh since he shares RB duties with Dillon. You know - The Patriots Way: Diversity is thy name.

(of course, the epitiome of this approach would be no other than three-way player, Troy Brown. The greatest Patriots of all time ;) )

why are we comparing maroney and miller?

maroney was a first round pick in the 06 draft

millter was a second round pick in the 05 draft

there is no rational ground to compare these athletes

Both players return kickoffs so we can compare who is the better kick returner.But it seems a few people weren't happy when they found out who the better returner was,hence the sludge that pollutes this thread.

Archived