RB Rotation: MERGED

SoFlaJets

doing the articles this morning this one jumped out at me....

"Two days after saying he'll stick with his three-running back rotation, coach Eric Mangini has downsized the rotation to two. Rookie Leon Washington and Cedric Houston are in and veteran Kevan Barlow is out, a member of the organization told The Star-Ledger yesterday afternoon."

Well it is obvious that the 3 back thing didn't work this past week. I like the way Houston has been running. I just fear he can't do that 25 times a game. He also seems like a fumble waiting to happen fighting for 2 extra yards.

Leon has a lot to prove as well. Ultimately next years starting hb is not on this roster.

hopefully we'l get a good rythum going with these two. I have no problem with this decision.

I'm happy for Cedric Houston who embodies a lot of what I'm starting to really like about this generation of Jets-selflessness-what Justin McCairens did last week what Bryan Thomas has ALWAYS been and what Victor Hobson is finally becoming and even what Brooks Bollinger was when HE was here...

Well it is obvious that the 3 back thing didn't work this past week. I like the way Houston has been running. I just fear he can't do that 25 times a game. He also seems like a fumble waiting to happen fighting for 2 extra yards.

Leon has a lot to prove as well. Ultimately next years starting hb is not on this roster.

you're right Max he's in a college uniform somewhere over this vast land

I had a feeling this was coming, Cedric is starting to look like a real NFL rb and Leon BOOM BOOM Washington is a very good compliment/3rd down back.

and I think that's the way they should work it-anybody starting to feel (like me) that Brad Smith isn't being used right?

Othr than sucking on the field, what has Barlow done to get in Mangini's doghouse?

I think he may be doing his best Eddie Curry impression.

Note: for those that do not know, Eddie Curry's a$$ has already begun it's outward growth and we're not even in December yet.

There's something more here. Barlow did something we're not hearing about.

I'm happy for Houston and like the guy, but this guy is hardly the full-time answer at RB. Same goes for Washington. They are role players and I like em on the roster, but if the Tangini aren't already looking at college RBs they're asleep at the wheel

doing the articles this morning this one jumped out at me....

"Two days after saying he'll stick with his three-running back rotation, coach Eric Mangini has downsized the rotation to two. Rookie Leon Washington and Cedric Houston are in and veteran Kevan Barlow is out, a member of the organization told The Star-Ledger yesterday afternoon."

yea thank u lord barlow looks like he"S running in quick sand

I'm happy for Houston and like the guy, but this guy is hardly the full-time answer at RB. Same goes for Washington. They are role players and I like em on the roster, but if the Tangini aren't already looking at college RBs they're asleep at the wheel

yea i know what he did suck bad against a ****tie defense..and yes i sure hope there looking for a rb in the draft..

I'm not totally agreeing with you here man.

I'm a big supporter of the Houston / Washington duo and if there isn't a running back that they really like in this years draft then I say go with it again in 2007, minus Barlow. Houston is a good runner, he ran well last year on that makeshift OLine (3.7 ypc average in the final 4 games, all starts but remember that PATHETIC OLine) and Washington brings the outside speed to it.

Either way, for the remainder of the season I'd like to see Cedric get 15-20 carries a game and Washington to get 10-15.. bruise down the defense early & late with Cedric but in the middle of the game give em' a dose of Leon's speed.

and I think that's the way they should work it-anybody starting to feel (like me) that Brad Smith isn't being used right?

Just like we waited until after the by week to unveil our stingy blitzing defense, I think mini schott is waiting to unleash Smith as a deep threat receiver. I mean really, we were hearing every day during training camp about the circus catches this guy was making and from all of our QB's to boot. I think the Jets by now have defenses fooled to the point now where they are thinking it is an end around or some other trick play whenever they see Smith in the game....

Bombs away...

I'm not totally agreeing with you here man.

I'm a big supporter of the Houston / Washington duo and if there isn't a running back that they really like in this years draft then I say go with it again in 2007, minus Barlow. Houston is a good runner, he ran well last year on that makeshift OLine (3.7 ypc average in the final 4 games, all starts but remember that PATHETIC OLine) and Washington brings the outside speed to it.

Either way, for the remainder of the season I'd like to see Cedric get 15-20 carries a game and Washington to get 10-15.. bruise down the defense early & late with Cedric but in the middle of the game give em' a dose of Leon's speed.

Only thing about Houston that makes me worry is I honestly think the guy would run full tile into a steel wall 36 inches thick if asked to do it. While admirable, Houston's running style doesn't allow for a full-time role in my humble opinion. Because 25-35 of those carries and he won't be around long.

it's really hard to say right now, who the jets are going to take in the first round. From game to game players look great one minute and poor the next. the d line is starting gel, but I would love to see a huge dt take over. the db's need to be upgraded. the best rb's will be off the board by the time we pick. so, we would be choosing one like bush who has been hurt, irons who is decent but not to sure on him. anyone else out there at rb who you would want????

I'm one of the few if not only person who liked Barlow.

But i do think this is the right move.Barlow isn't effective as part of a rotation,especially if it's one or two plays and out.He needs lots of carries and kept in for whole drives.

A stricly Houston and Washington combo could be pretty effective seeing as they are both pretty similiar.Both are quick to hit the hole and can find the cutback lane.They've got their own thing going on in the open field but this combo should give the line and the running stability.

Nah. I just thought he looked pretty good at certain times this year.

my bad mm,, just messing around because a buddy of mine has Barlow and I was giving him crap this morning because I picked up Cedric and Leon from waivers.

I do agree he looked good against the pats but maybe all he's good for is being a mudder. I really don't know to be honest. He has definitely shown flashes here and there but was has strung together lately? Not much.

Two days after saying he'll stick with his three-running back rotation, Jets coach Eric Mangini has downsized the rotation to two. Rookie Leon Washington and Cedric Houston are in and veteran Kevan Barlow is out, a member of the organization told The Star-Ledger.

-- Newark Star-Ledger

Archived