Marcus Vick being sued by 17 year old girl

Sperm Edwards

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16245194.htm

Girl, 17, sues receiver Vick

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO AND JEFF DARLINGTON

asalguero@MiamiHerald.com

Dolphins receiver Marcus Vick is being sued for $6.3 million by a 17-year-old Christiansburg, Va., girl who claims she had a sexual relationship with Vick from January 2004 through December 2005.

According to a report in The Roanoke (Va.) Times, the girl identified herself as Jane Doe. She also claims to be the girl Vick, 22, had sex with on the January 2004 night that led to his arrest and conviction on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

The lawsuit was filed Wednesday in Montgomery County Circuit Court. It states that the girl was a 15-year-old honors student at Christiansburg High School when she first had sex with Vick in January 2004 while he was a quarterback at Virginia Tech. The girl's grandmother is the other plaintiff.

According to The Roanoke Times, the lawsuit claims Vick and the girl continued to have sex numerous times through December 2005. The lawsuit also contends Vick offered her alcohol and marijuana at various times, and that the girl saw Vick smoking marijuana. The lawsuit also states Vick wanted her to have sex with other men.

''As a direct and proximate result of Marcus Vick's unlawful sexual intercourse with Jane Doe, the plaintiff suffered, and will continue to suffer, psychological trauma associated with the child sexual abuse perpetrated by defendant Marcus Vick,'' the lawsuit states.

Vick, the brother of Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, was unavailable for comment. Lawrence Woodward, a Virginia Beach attorney representing Vick, told The Associated Press that Vick is aware of the case.

''We're just going to deal with it through the court process,'' Woodward said.

Dolphins representative Harvey Greene told The AP the team first found out about the suit Thursday.

''We are just starting to process all of the pertinent information,'' Greene said.

Eh, I have mixed feelings on this. I have no love for vick whatsoever, and it was this relationship that screwed up his career at VT, but what are her damages that she is suing for, other than wanting a payday thru litigation?

The kid smoked some dope, screwed her brains out, told him she was older than she really was, and now sues him. Plus, in Blacksburg, everyone is screwing their sisters and cousins. At least they werent related.

#@%$ lawyers

Eh, I have mixed feelings on this. I have no love for vick whatsoever, and it was this relationship that screwed up his career at VT, but what are her damages that she is suing for, other than wanting a payday thru litigation?

The kid smoked some dope, screwed her brains out, told him she was older than she really was, and now sues him. Plus, in Blacksburg, everyone is screwing their sisters and cousins. At least they werent related.

#@%$ lawyers

She was 15 at the time...he was 19..ring a bell??

I have mixed feelings on the lawsuit, not that what he did was right.

I think there are too many b.s. lawsuits. She's only in this for the money.

And he was only in her for the underage sex. You play with fire, you are gonna get burned. He should of asked his brother Ron.

I have mixed feelings on the lawsuit, not that what he did was right.

I think there are too many b.s. lawsuits. She's only in this for the money.

I agree on lots of these lawsuits in general, but she's not getting any $6M. She's suing him for $6M. And I'm sure it's the parents' pushing it as much as the girl.

If it was your 15 year-old daughter you'd just let him get off with a slap on the wrist probation thing? F-that. Hit him where it hurts. Legally, she was just a kid and he was not. He is responsible for his actions and she is not.

Wow.

Would this be different if she was 17 at the time and he was 18 / 19? I think so. Who cares. She made the damn mistake of having sex with him, it's not like it was rape or forced in any way, she admits that she let him do it, so really if she lets him there shouldn't be this garbage.

Yeah parents, blah blah blah, give me the legal BS of how she was a minor compared to a 19 year old, okay, but if both people want it, then 1 of them shouldn't be able to press charges on it years later. It's complete bull****.

Wow.

Would this be different if she was 17 at the time and he was 18 / 19? I think so. Who cares. She made the damn mistake of having sex with him, it's not like it was rape or forced in any way, she admits that she let him do it, so really if she lets him there shouldn't be this garbage.

Yeah parents, blah blah blah, give me the legal BS of how she was a minor compared to a 19 year old, okay, but if both people want it, then 1 of them shouldn't be able to press charges on it years later. It's complete bull****.

but its traumatizing to get herpies at such a young age

Wow.

She was 15!!!! Therefore, consenting or not, it is ILLEAGAL!

I agree on lots of these lawsuits in general, but she's not getting any $6M. She's suing him for $6M. And I'm sure it's the parents' pushing it as much as the girl.

If it was your 15 year-old daughter you'd just let him get off with a slap on the wrist probation thing? F-that. Hit him where it hurts. Legally, she was just a kid and he was not. He is responsible for his actions and she is not.

It's not my 15 year old daughter, and i dont analyze the suit like that.

I think Vick is a dope, but I dont agree with dragging this through the civil court system. But I know he is a target since he now has some income. If every 15 year old who had sex with an 18 or 19 year old sued, we'd have another lawsuit explosion. Surely you dont think this this is unusual, especially in Appallachia?

I know what the routine will be, her lawyer will send her to a shrink he's worked with before, and he will give testimony how her life is now screwed up as a result of this relationship. His lawyer will find a bunch of other guys who said she screwed them too, when she was 14, 15 and 16. They'll find a bunch of friends who said she did coke with them and sold them pot. it will be a typical litigation mess. Maybe she'll get a $50,000 settlement, of which the lawyer will take his third.

I remember when this story broke on the college message boards a couple of years ago, and there were already people talking about her past. It's the SSDD.

Wow.

She is not responsible for her actions. He is. He should know better & she is not expected to know any better. That's the whole point of treating a minor like a stupid kid. Because that's what they are.

The only way I see a grey area in stuff like this is if they were both having sex with each other when both were minors, at age 17 and 15. Then the older one turns 18 & the other is 16. Now nothing has truly changed other than legal ramifications. One does not simply get wiser the day of one's 18th birthday. Not that this is the situation with Vick anyway though.

But you have to make the age cutoff someplace. Sure, some 15 year-old's are WAYYYY more mature & wise than some 20 year-old's. But you can't take each case as having special circumstances otherwise every time this occurs there's a full trial where attorneys are going to try and prove this or that person's character as being worthy of minor status or not. THAT would be bigger bs than anything that's going on now.

She was just a star-struck kid who doesn't have the wisdom to know any better. The law says she doesn't have to know any better. He's not a minor. He's treated like an adult. He has to know better. If he doesn't, then he should keep it in his pants or let her lawyer cut it off.

This is all silly anyway. He's a thug, a turd, and I've got no sympathy for him.

She is not responsible for her actions. He is. He should know better & she is not expected to know any better. That's the whole point of treating a minor like a stupid kid. Because that's what they are.

The only way I see a grey area in stuff like this is if they were both having sex with each other when both were minors, at age 17 and 15. Then the older one turns 18 & the other is 16. Now nothing has truly changed other than legal ramifications. One does not simply get wiser the day of one's 18th birthday. Not that this is the situation with Vick anyway though.

But you have to make the age cutoff someplace. Sure, some 15 year-old's are WAYYYY more mature & wise than some 20 year-old's. But you can't take each case as having special circumstances otherwise every time this occurs there's a full trial where attorneys are going to try and prove this or that person's character as being worthy of minor status or not. THAT would be bigger bs than anything that's going on now.

She was just a star-struck kid who doesn't have the wisdom to know any better. The law says she doesn't have to know any better. He's not a minor. He's treated like an adult. He has to know better. If he doesn't, then he should keep it in his pants or let her lawyer cut it off.

This is all silly anyway. He's a thug, a turd, and I've got no sympathy for him.

I agree with everything you said here.

The thing is, it is the criminal justice system that is responsible for punishing him for his actions. The civil justice system is supposed to compensate her for damages she sustained. I see some big problems for her proving damages here. I believe that his illegal actions will only be probative on the liability issues, and not the damages issues.

Again, i also think he's a turd and have no love for him whatsoever. I am only commenting on the propriety of her filing a civil lawsuit over this.

I agree with everything you said here.

The thing is, it is the criminal justice system that is responsible for punishing him for his actions. The civil justice system is supposed to compensate her for damages she sustained. I see some big problems for her proving damages here. I believe that his illegal actions will only be probative on the liability issues, and not the damages issues.

Again, i also think he's a turd and have no love for him whatsoever. I am only commenting on the propriety of her filing a civil lawsuit over this.

Nothing wrong with a civil suit here. And I'm not even a lawyer and I can come up with legitimate stuff. Embarrassment/ridicule, $ for therapy, $ for medical bills for blood tests etc. As a minor she shouldn't be expected to foot the bill (emotionally or in real dollars) for this stuff.

$6M is absurd but the $ value is always bloated when you file a case & they don't expect that figure.

Nothing wrong with a civil suit here. And I'm not even a lawyer and I can come up with legitimate stuff. Embarrassment/ridicule, $ for therapy, $ for medical bills for blood tests etc. As a minor she shouldn't be expected to foot the bill (emotionally or in real dollars) for this stuff.

$6M is absurd but the $ value is always bloated when you file a case & they don't expect that figure.

I'm sure his attorneys would gladly settle for medical bills.

Do you think that's why she filed the suit and is asking for $6M?

This is not about medical bills or some therapy costs.

What was the embarrassment she suffered? That she partied with and blew the VT QB? LOL

I'm sure his attorneys would gladly settle for medical bills.

Do you think that's why she filed the suit and is asking for $6M?

This is not about medical bills or some therapy costs.

What was the embarrassment she suffered? That she partied with and blew the VT QB? LOL

From my experience in this stuff its one of two things:

1) Turd girl and turd family trying to cash in

or

2) It says Honor Student before she met him. They could be claiming she was on path to college, ie Dr./lawyer and this interfernce in 15 year old life catapulted her into bad grades, emotional stress and no college, ie no future. By stating 'Honor Student before meeting him' in court briefs I am guessing this is the legal ground they will attack.

From my experience in this stuff its one of two things:

1) Turd girl and turd family trying to cash in

or

2) It says Honor Student before she met him. They could be claiming she was on path to college, ie Dr./lawyer and this interfernce in 15 year old life catapulted her into bad grades, emotional stress and no college, ie no future. By stating 'Honor Student before meeting him' in court briefs I am guessing this is the legal ground they will attack.

Good analysis. I obviously took the position of the less popular argument here, (as i enjoy debating the merits of lawsuits) notwithstanding the couple of snakes in the grass who tried to make it into a personal thing.

It's a slam dunk on liability, but very questionable on damages.

It's a slam dunk on liability, but very questionable on damages.

well, who knows. Juries you know.

If they can REALLY claim she was a model citizen (grades, church, civic, sports etc) AND she has no chance of that future now (dropped out, horrendous grades, no college, seeing a shrink etc.) before Vick intervened then they may have a good shot at getting some decent cash.

Plus the place of venue will make a big difference in Jury makeup and mind-set.

Remember. OJs Jury was supposed to be in Westwood where he lived and would have been all upscale affluent peers of his. But Garcetti , the DA, had a brain fart (he was running for re-election) and decided he would get more Press coverage if he moved to county seat, in Downtown LA. Well, we saw the makeup and education level of that jury.

I can see if he raped her, that she'd sue.

But wait a second, they went at it for almost 2 years according to the lawsuit. It doesn't look like she had much trauma when she kept going back to get injected again.

Its cause his life is in a downward spiral and he still has a little bit of cash left and shes just the latest one lookin to kick him while hes down.

Dont mistake my point here though, Marcus Vick is still a despicable human being

Archived