Jay Cutler

Sperm Edwards

This has nothing to do with Chad or who we should have drafted or rehashing anything like that.

Did everyone see that strike Cutler threw from 65 yards away? A dead-on-balls strike, right into Javon Walker's hands; and though he was open it's not like there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him or anything.

Damn impressive gun this kid's got.

This has nothing to do with Chad or who we should have drafted or rehashing anything like that.

Did everyone see that strike Cutler threw from 65 yards away? A dead-on-balls strike, right into Javon Walker's hands; and though he was open it's not like there wasn't a defender within 10 yards of him or anything.

Yep, was that the play where he got hit just after he threw it, too?

Yep, was that the play where he got hit just after he threw it, too?

Yeah. Looked like if it was needed he could've put another 10 yards of distance on it. I mean it's not like he took a 5-yard running start, planted, then let it loose. Wow. Been a long time since I've seen a touchdown pass that long with zero yards after the catch & it wasn't of the hail-mary variety. His front foot was on his own 36 yard-line when he released the ball & Walker didn't even have to break stride.

Yeah. Looked like if it was needed he could've put another 10 yards of distance on it. I mean it's not like he took a 5-yard running start, planted, then let it loose. Wow. Been a long time since I've seen a touchdown pass that long with zero yards after the catch & it wasn't of the hail-mary variety. His front foot was on his own 36 yard-line when he released the ball & Walker didn't even have to break stride.

yep, and while we're on cutler's jock (LOL) it wasnt a rainbow either. That ball got there pretty fast considering the distance it travelled.

He did this against Arizona so I'm not going to take his stats into great consideration but what I do like is WOW, what an arm! (But most of us knew of it already). He let that thing go from the 37 and it landed in the endzone. Impressive.

I don't know if you guys/gals know this but Cutler reminds of Bert Jones. His arm strength is almost identical to Jones'.

For those who don't, Jones played with the Colts in the mid/late 70's and had one of the strongest arms in Football.

I'll hand it to the kid Cutler, but he was facing Arizona....I know he still had to get the ball there, but I still think once he has to face a good secondary, he won't be looking so good.

The kid's got a live arm, that's for sure. I've been really impressed with him. He's stepped in and looks pretty good already. I know the scouts all claimed Leinart was the most NFL ready, but I think it's pretty clear Cutler is. I always thought VY had the most upside, but that Cutler would be the best in the mid and short term. Right now both the Titans and Broncos have to be happy with what they've gotten, and if Cutler gets the Broncos to the playoffs they'd have to be ecstatic (although I sure hope not, it's going to be hard for us to get in if that happens). I wonder where Clemens will end up? He seems to be the only rookie out of that last draft class that hasn't started yet! He might never get a chance with the Jets either, but that's another thread.

I would have loved to have been able to get Cutler who I rated higher than either of the two above him but at the cost of Mangaold and Clemens? We know that Mangold is probably a fixture at center for the next deade and we know little about Clemens. We do know Cutler has a rifle and has looked pretty damn good but the final analysis will have to wait a year or two to see just how good the two quarterbacks will be. If its at all close the Jets FO made the right choice because they got a potential pro bowl center as a bonus.

Matt Leinart could NEVER make that throw, and I doubt Vince Young could've either.

Leinart doesn't have elite arm strength and Vince is still dumber than a box of rocks. He had a Aaron Brooks-esque game yesterday. You'd really have no idea how awful VY was unless you watched it.

I said from the start that Cutler was the crowned jewel of the '06 QB class. He is starting to show it on the field.

You forgot to mention that he made the throw across his body.

Matt Leinart could NEVER make that throw, and I doubt Vince Young could've either.

Leinart doesn't have elite arm strength and Vince is still dumber than a box of rocks. He had a Aaron Brooks-esque game yesterday. You'd really have no idea how awful VY was unless you watched it.

I said from the start that Cutler was the crowned jewel of the '06 QB class. He is starting to show it on the field.

jeff george and browning nagle could have both made that throw. let's not put cutler in canton just yet.

jeff george and browning nagle could have both made that throw. let's not put cutler in canton just yet.

Did I say anything remotely close to that?

In order to have a better career than Young or Lineart, Cutler has to make the HOF? Is that what you're saying?

I had cutler as the best player coming out last year. i watched this kids films and he did incredible things with his talent. he does need to settle down a little but you dont want him to lose that fiestiness he has to throw football in tight space. incredible athlete. he is a man child

Did I say anything remotely close to that?

In order to have a better career than Young or Lineart, Cutler has to make the HOF? Is that what you're saying?

i'd like to see what leinart was capable of playing on a real time instead of the cardinals. arm strength is not everything and from what i have seen of leinart this year his arm looks plenty strong to be a very good nfl qb.

He seems to be the only rookie out of that last draft class that hasn't started yet! He might never get a chance with the Jets either, but that's another thread.

Yes - thats the Sad Sad Story thread. I'd start it, but now's not the time.

i'd like to see what leinart was capable of playing on a real time instead of the cardinals. arm strength is not everything and from what i have seen of leinart this year his arm looks plenty strong to be a very good nfl qb.

The Broncos gameplan yesterday was to take away the underneath routes and checkdowns and force Leinart to beat them with his arm. He couldn't do it. Nine times out of ten, a good defense can expose a QB with a below average arm.

And spare me the "he plays for the Cardinals" BS. Vince Young and Jay Cutler would kill to be surrounded by the skill position players that Leinart is.

The Broncos gameplan yesterday was to take away the underneath routes and checkdowns and force Leinart to beat them with his arm. He couldn't do it. Nine times out of ten, a good defense can expose a QB with a below average arm.

And spare me the "he plays for the Cardinals" BS. Vince Young and Jay Cutler would kill to be surrounded by the skill position players that Leinart is.

It's amazing the excuses people will make for their favorite QBs.

Matt Leinart so far is the 3rd best QB of the draft but I think in time both Kellen Clemens and Tavaris Jackson will be better. Yes, I'm saying it.

Agree Young and Cutler are better but Leinart has played pretty well this year especially considering he's a rookie QB on a bad team. His arm strength and mobility have been much better than expected. Second part of your statement is just wrong.

Archived