Once again Chad holds back this team

vinnys025

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there are a bunch of teams that would sell their souls to have Chad as their quarterback-all you guys who say these crazy kind of things,I'm convinced just don't understand the game of football-CONVINCED

Pennington played as well as Harrington did in the first half last night and Harrington was benched. Chad played almost as well as Lemon in the second half. Leon Washington bailed us out last night and he was lucky Chad didn't end his career in the first half with one of the dumbest passes I have ever seen.

Pennington played as well as Harrington did in the first half last night and Harrington was benched. Chad played almost as well as Lemon in the second half. Leon Washington bailed us out last night and he was lucky Chad didn't end his career in the first half with one of the dumbest passes I have ever seen.

as well as Harrington did are you friggin crazy man? Joey Harrington had NOTHING-I was in the stands about 50 feet away from the Jets bench and I don't care who you'd want to put at QB in that weather he wasn't doing anything-impossible conditions.Ask every single Dolphins fan in that stadium who THEY'd rather have lead their team and then you'd know what I'm talking about

What I think about when I read this crap about Chad is this; Thank God you guys never got to see Namath play when he'd throw INTs-it would have been "yea?so WHAT he won a Super Bowl-how many has he won since?"

as well as Harrington did are you friggin crazy man? Joey Harrington had NOTHING-I was in the stands about 50 feet away from the Jets bench and I don't care who you'd want to put at QB in that weather he wasn't doing anything-impossible conditions.Ask every single Dolphins fan in that stadium who THEY'd rather have lead their team and then you'd know what I'm talking about

What I think about when I read this crap about Chad is this; Thank God you guys never got to see Namath play when he'd throw INTs-it would have been "yea?so WHAT he won a Super Bowl-how many has he won since?"

I did see Namath and we won a SB because in Shea Stadium in December on a windy day under brutal conditions he was able to make every throw in the book and lead the team down the field against a great Oakland team to put us in the SB.

Pennington is the best QB on our team and should start without question. He doesn't have a weak arm, he is highly limited in the throws he can make and against a good team that isn't playing out the string but is fighting for a champoinship, he is going to kill your chances.

The fact that the league is full of Jag QB's and Pennington is smart enough to get a team to 9 to 10 wins is a credit to him making the most out of his ability. It isn't enough to win a SB and this is still a rebuilding team even though we are probably making the playoffs.

I understand Chad has limitations too Biggs but what I also see is that there aren't a lot of guys suiting up next week better than him-maybe it's not the era of the prolific QB or maybe it has something to do with the speed of the game.Even Brady Sunday-the game's best has changed into a dink and dunker.All I know is this when that driving rain finally subsided (it was much worse there than it looked on the highlights) Chad delivered-that Cotchery pass and that drive with those 3rd down passes-he was damn good.

I understand Chad has limitations too Biggs but what I also see is that there aren't a lot of guys suiting up next week better than him-maybe it's not the era of the prolific QB or maybe it has something to do with the speed of the game.Even Brady Sunday-the game's best has changed into a dink and dunker.All I know is this when that driving rain finally subsided (it was much worse there than it looked on the highlights) Chad delivered-that Cotchery pass and that drive with those 3rd down passes-he was damn good.

Brady on Sunday threw several outs and went down field enough times with zip on the ball to keep the Jacks D honest, something Chad can't do. There is simply no comparrison and if you watched the entire NE game you know the truth.

and the officials bailed the Pats out again the other day

Funny, Berman and Jackson said it was the right call. The endzone view of the play, borrowing from madmike, showed inconclusively he was not passing.

Correct call was made. Sorry. Despite all Jets' fans protests, the Patriots are still the best team in the East this year and the next few.

Brady on Sunday threw several outs and went down field enough times with zip on the ball to keep the Jacks D honest, something Chad can't do. There is simply no comparrison and if you watched the entire NE game you know the truth.

I DID watch the whole game and stand by what I wrote-I wonder what the call would have been had it been Brady or Manning though instead of Garrard

I DID watch the whole game and stand by what I wrote-I wonder what the call would have been had it been Brady or Manning though instead of Garrard

Fumble.

Plus, Brady and Manning can not manuever through the line like that. ;)

SoFla

Since you live in Florida I'm guessing you saw your fair share of Feidler with the Dolphins. I think the Fish won at about the same level or slightly better with him at QB as the Jets have with Chad. Did you consider him a top NFL QB?

SoFla

Since you live in Florida I'm guessing you saw your fair share of Feidler with the Dolphins. I think the Fish won at about the same level or slightly better with him at QB as the Jets have with Chad. Did you consider him a top NFL QB?

no-gutsy yes-those Dolphin teams won because of what Jimmy Johnson built there-some of who are STILL keys down here (Taylor/Zach)

I've been saying it all season, Chad is really holding back this team. He cant complete anything other than dump offs and middle of the field 5 yard timing patterns where Zack Thomas and company await those dink passes. Corners press and the two deep safety's just in case Chad decides to throw it deep....There is nowhere for Chad to go with the ball, the only way we win is if our special teams or defense comes through for us....and I think they will. I love Chad and everything he does except for his weak arm, its so weak in fact that he has no buisness being in the NFL, and its a shame.

If Mangini is smart, then a new era at QB will start next year, and I think this is most definatly going to happen. No way we do any damage in the playoffs with a qb who cant throw the deep out. Today's nfl is just too fast to not be able to make the deep out pass, its essential to make a defense defend the entire field.

Chad is great guy and a great football player, but as Tony Kornhieser said earlier, his daughter can throw harder than Chad Pennington.

So i guess 9-6 almost 10-6 if we win against oakland is good enough for a QB you has come back and should be the comeback player of the year. Who has torn his rotater cuff twice and 9-6 almost 10-6 is good enough. If we are 10-6 and make the playoffs with 10 yd. passes then i am fine with that. So last night those passes to

J-Mac and Cotchery dont count i guess right?

So i guess 9-6 almost 10-6 if we win against oakland is good enough for a QB you has come back and should be the comeback player of the year. Who has torn his rotater cuff twice and 9-6 almost 10-6 is good enough. If we are 10-6 and make the playoffs with 10 yd. passes then i am fine with that. So last night those passes to

With the exception of the bad pass to Michael Lee Pennington had an excellent game last night. Give credit to Mangini for getting the defense to play better and credit to Pennington for being the glue on our offense. Without Pennington we have no offense. The Jets can't run the ball but Pennington can get it to his receivers consistently enough to make up for that.

Still, eventually at some point we will have to take the pressure off Pennington by running the ball. Leon Washington is the only capable RB we have and should be the only one getting touches.

With the exception of the bad pass to Michael Lee Pennington had an excellent game last night. Give credit to Mangini for getting the defense to play better and credit to Pennington for being the glue on our offense. Without Pennington we have no offense. The Jets can't run the ball but Pennington can get it to his receivers consistently enough to make up for that.

Still, eventually at some point we will have to take the pressure off Pennington by running the ball. Leon Washington is the only capable RB we have and should be the only one getting touches.

We can run the ball when barlow is not are primary back. Leon washington had a 4.0 something ypc with like 4-6 carriers. Washington and Houston can run the ball. but when you put barlow in there who avgs. a 2.0 something then are running game sucks.

With the exception of the bad pass to Michael Lee Pennington had an excellent game last night. Give credit to Mangini for getting the defense to play better and credit to Pennington for being the glue on our offense.

He had a great second half, but a mediocre first half. I dont think that qualifies as an excellent game, but we got a "W" so it all feels good today.

Give credit to Sutton, too for the improved play of the D.

We can run the ball when barlow is not are primary back. Leon washington had a 4.0 something ypc with like 4-6 carriers. Washington and Houston can run the ball. but when you put barlow in there who avgs. a 2.0 something then are running game sucks.

Washington - 6 carries 26 yards 4.3YPC

Pennington - 4 Carries 26 Yards 6.5YPC

Just to show you how little it matters when the carries are that low, if Leon ran it as many times as Barlow he might have been stuffed a bunch of times as well... you just dont know... but you cant compare them when the carries are so much further apart, or we would be saying Chad is our best option at RB based on yesterday.

I'm very happy with our record, Chad is definatly the best QB we have on our team. Maybe i'm being overcritical. I guess I just want to see a bit more aggression out of our passing game at times, but Chad's arm limits that. I just think our offense could be explosive with Coles and Cotch on the deep ball, thats all.

I'm very happy with our record, Chad is definatly the best QB we have on our team. Maybe i'm being overcritical. I guess I just want to see a bit more aggression out of our passing game at times, but Chad's arm limits that. I just think our offense could be explosive with Coles and Cotch on the deep ball, thats all.

Jmac is actually our best deep threat, and we try it to him sometimes...

I don't see Coles or Cotch being deep threats with anybody at QB. That is the real problem here, not Pennington. Out of the 6 teams in the playoffs in the AFC which one has worse offensive weapons than the Jets?

:confused: So when it's not Chad Pennington, other players can help, but when it is Chad Pennington, he's done it all by himself? :confused:

I had a feeling on that, but I didn't get the homer memo when I signed up to JN so sometimes I make mistakes on these things. In that case, you're right!! Chad Pennington has led us to 9 wins, every other QB in the NFL has led their teams to 0 wins, and their teams all won in spite of them.

rotf!

I don't see Coles or Cotch being deep threats with anybody at QB. That is the real problem here, not Pennington. Out of the 6 teams in the playoffs in the AFC which one has worse offensive weapons than the Jets?

You have Coles, Cotch and Brad Smith who is a big target has excellent 40 speed and is quick laterally. You also have a back who is right out of the Dave Megget in his prime mold who is an absolute weapon in the passing game. Baker while not great is underutilized as well. Big plays are made by QB's who get the ball to WR fast once they get seperation. Chad simply doesn't do it. With Cotchery emerging, the Jets finally have options in the passing game and they are better options than most teams in the NFL. NE and Denver would be much better with our WR group. Moss was a great example of how Pennington couldn't get the ball on him quick enough to utilize his talent. Coles while a great possession WR is laid out by Chad all the time becuase he simply gets the ball to him to late. Coles and Cotch's toughness has made Chad not the other way around.

As to biggs (who always "makes my day") and others in this thread, many valid points made. I think we all know that, and I've said it myself. However, I can't NOT be happy today. Double negatives rule.

Great win and I'm very excited to have a rooting interest during the first round of the playoffs. It keeps the house projects at bay for another week, every week we can advance.

Archived