Once again Chad holds back this team

vinnys025

I've been saying it all season, Chad is really holding back this team. He cant complete anything other than dump offs and middle of the field 5 yard timing patterns where Zack Thomas and company await those dink passes. Corners press and the two deep safety's just in case Chad decides to throw it deep....There is nowhere for Chad to go with the ball, the only way we win is if our special teams or defense comes through for us....and I think they will. I love Chad and everything he does except for his weak arm, its so weak in fact that he has no buisness being in the NFL, and its a shame.

If Mangini is smart, then a new era at QB will start next year, and I think this is most definatly going to happen. No way we do any damage in the playoffs with a qb who cant throw the deep out. Today's nfl is just too fast to not be able to make the deep out pass, its essential to make a defense defend the entire field.

Chad is great guy and a great football player, but as Tony Kornhieser said earlier, his daughter can throw harder than Chad Pennington.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy. Freaking. Cr*p. Does anyone get that we're poised to make the PLAYOFFS?! Take the win for what it is. And you know what it is? A win.

We weren't "supposed" to win more than 4 or 5 games, based on our "easy" schedule, BEFORE the start of the season. We overperformed this year every which way but loose.

I will give him that. He came up big in a big game for us. But it was the players surrounding him that won us this game. not him. I'm so happy we won. I have a grin that's huge right now. Guys Chad is a great guy. He's not the future of this team though.

He did throw the TD pass.

Pennington for all his faults = play-offs when healthy......always has.

I will give him that. He came up big in a big game for us. But it was the players surrounding him that won us this game. not him. I'm so happy we won. I have a grin that's huge right now. Guys Chad is a great guy. He's not the future of this team though.

So what?! Newsflash: Jets win. Next year is just that: Next year. The criticisms are valid, but folks talk like we LOST. Enjoy it for Pete's Sake. There are other intangibles that Chad possesses. Right now, the Jets with Chad at the helm is our best option. Sorry about that. Focusing on negatives in a win, when we were pegged to go nowhere.

In the large scheme of things, I'm inclined to agree. But tonight isn't the time or place. Pennington's done a great job this season, and the future will take care of itself. Meantime, enjoy the ride. This season is a complete gift for a franchise that's had very few gifts.

Enjoy the effin' ride boys. You don't go to the playoffs often enough.

Indeed, he has. Just like Philip Rivers has led the Chargers to 13 wins this year.

And having a RB scoring 30+ TD's has nothing to do with it? Take away LT and I really doubt Rivers has the same success. He gets to hand off to the best RB in the NFL (and probably MVP) and throw to the best TE as well. That does help a lot. Don't get me wrong, he's had a good season, but IMO, LT has led that team to 13 wins.

And having a RB scoring 30+ TD's has nothing to do with it? Take away LT and I really doubt Rivers has the same success. He gets to hand off to the best RB in the NFL (and probably MVP) and throw to the best TE as well. That does help a lot. Don't get me wrong, he's had a good season, but IMO, LT has led that team to 13 wins.

I think the point of that post sailed over your head. So much so that there is no way Chad Pennington himself could have threw it.

:confused: So when it's not Chad Pennington, other players can help, but when it is Chad Pennington, he's done it all by himself? :confused:

I had a feeling on that, but I didn't get the homer memo when I signed up to JN so sometimes I make mistakes on these things. In that case, you're right!! Chad Pennington has led us to 9 wins, every other QB in the NFL has led their teams to 0 wins, and their teams all won in spite of them.

Yeah imagine if Ramsey had started this game, we might have won if we did.

Oh wait, we did win. And Pennington was the QB. No he didn't have a great game, but he made the throws when we needed them the most and played well enough to beat the Fins. Fact of the matter is, he has stayed healthy all year and is likely going to lead us to the playoffs on a team that was supposed to be one of the worst.

I'm not going to be somebody to tell people to stop bashing Chad, but for those who are they should realize he has led us to a 9-6 record and quite possibly the playoffs, and from there, who knows.

:confused: So when it's not Chad Pennington, other players can help, but when it is Chad Pennington, he's done it all by himself? :confused:

I had a feeling on that, but I didn't get the homer memo when I signed up to JN so sometimes I make mistakes on these things. In that case, you're right!! Chad Pennington has led us to 9 wins, every other QB in the NFL has led their teams to 0 wins, and their teams all won in spite of them.

Not what I'm saying at all. Rivers has played well, but to deny the Chargers haven't ridden LT to those 13 wins is not being realistic. The guy has been a monster this year.

And I never mentioned Chad in my post, but since you brought him up, I will now. Chad didn't win the game tonight, Leon's open field running did. However, Rivers hasn't had to carry that team, LT clearly has. In some ways, Chad has had to. I mean, Barlow gave us NOTHING tonight. Our running game doesn't scare anyone the way the Chargers' does.

The Chargers have a dominating RB, and an excellent defense, and have 13 wins. We have neither of those, and are still in the thick of the playoff race.

I made this thread at the end of the first half, however even after the game I still would not change the title. If that corner catches that ball thrown right into his hands, this game is over. However, I will admit Chad made a couple good throws tonight. That one to Brad smith, the one to Macarins, and the one to Cotch for a TD, all three were very good passes. I am VERY happy with the Jets win, his surrounding players did most of the work, but dont be blinded by the win. I was just pointing out how bad Chad looks most of the time with his arm and how we cant continue to win if he plays like this.

If we played Baltimore in the playoffs we would be shut out I believe. Indy however is another story, we have a 50/50 chance vs them IMO. If we played the Chargers or Baltimore, we would get run all over and be handled by those defenses. Lets hope we win vs Oak, then play INdy and beat them....then hope for a Denver win so we could play denver...cause we do stand a chance vs them as well.

Anyway, good discussion. I'm just making an obvious observation without the green goggles.......but great win tonight...J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!!

"He gives us the best chance to win as we are currently constituted. Love it or leave it." :)

Thanks. I didn't really need a translation. I'm just pissed because I come on the internet to hear English. I just spent 4 1/2 hours of Christmas night at a table where 8 people speak "solo Italiano," yet insisted on discussing my entire life. Couldn't they just shut up and pass the manicotti?

I'm pissed because I woke up 1/2 hour after the game ended and I'm waiting until I watch the replay to fight with the "start Clemens" and "Ramsey couldn't be worse" people. Sounds like Chad had a typical game. No matter how bad he was, it could be worse. I watched the Giants game Christmas eve.

Ok, my take:

Chad wasn't perfect tonight. With Peyton Manning under center, we would've blown the phins out. Chad however, did manage to win the game -- he did a good enough job to win the game today.

Is Chad the greatest QB ever? NO.

Is Chad going to make the HOF? Probably not.

Is Chad the best QB on the Jets roster RIGHT NOW? YES.

Lets save the QB change discussion for feb., when we're bored.

Thanks. I didn't really need a translation. I'm just pissed because I come on the internet to hear English. I just spent 4 1/2 hours of Christmas night at a table where 8 people speak "solo Italiano," yet insisted on discussing my entire life. Couldn't they just shut up and pass the manicotti?

I'm pissed because I woke up 1/2 hour after the game ended and I'm waiting until I watch the replay to fight with the "start Clemens" and "Ramsey couldn't be worse" people. Sounds like Chad had a typical game. No matter how bad he was, it could be worse. I watched the Giants game Christmas eve.

I only speak a smattering, understand it a bit more than that. I Babel Fished it, because the pui and poi and all that, it drives me nuts. Hehe.

Right to things being worse. We could have done, you know, what's that thing again? Lost. Yes, that's it. We could have lost. It just cracks me up that when we're actually poised to make the playoffs people can find ways to rain on the parade. And trust me, I'm an incredible cynic!

The Giants game, that was a keeper. :)

Guys, we should all be happy that the Jets WON!! I know Chad Pennington hasn't been that great this season (16TDs, 16INTs) but he does a great job in managing games. He usually keeps us in games when he's not throwing costly interceptions. If Kellen Clemens or Patrick Ramsey was at QB, then we would most likely have a losing record this year. Pennington has started all of our 15 games (career high) so far this year and that's why we have a winning record this year. Hopefully we will beat that tough raiders team next week and advance to the playoffs.

Guys, we should all be happy that the Jets WON!! I know Chad Pennington hasn't been that great this season (16TDs, 16INTs) but he does a great job in managing games. He usually keeps us in games when he's not throwing costly interceptions. If Kellen Clemens or Patrick Ramsey was at QB, then we would most likely have a losing record this year. Pennington has started all of our 15 games (career high) so far this year and that's why we have a winning record this year. Hopefully we will beat that tough raiders team next week and advance to the playoffs.

Tex? Is that you?

Why does everybody automatically assume that anyone that thinks Chad had a bad game wants Chad benched? I thought he had a pretty bad game but I don't want him benched this year at all. Next year may be different but there is a long time before that, including an entire training camp, and I'm not interested in discussing next year as of right now. I only hear this with Chad too, I mean Brady has bad games and people mention it, but nobody thinks that means these people think Cassell (or whoever it is that backs him up) should start.

Chad had a bad game, that's pretty much fact. I doubt you will find anyone on this board that thinks Chad shouldn't be the starter for next week and the playoffs because of it though.

Archived