Screw the NY Media

4HCrew

what am I missing being down here?

Nothing new, just the media giving more attention to the giants loss than a jets win. Screw them, now we get to here the fans coming out of the woodwork. Hate this sh!t.

Btw, much props to my sister who has become quite the insane jet fan over the past couple of years. I get a text right after the Washington screen play from her saying "did you see that sh!t!?" followed by a text right after the gun:"where are my oakland tix?" Fantastic to know I have done this to her.

Nothing new, just the media giving more attention to the giants loss than a jets win. Screw them, now we get to here the fans coming out of the woodwork. Hate this sh!t.

Btw, much props to my sister who has become quite the insane jet fan over the past couple of years. I get a text right after the Washington screen play from her saying "did you see that sh!t!?" followed by a text right after the gun:"where are my oakland tix?" Fantastic to know I have done this to her.

Unless the Jets 'curse' has been reversed, she will curse you for many years to come!

Take it from a sister who has (diehard Jets fans) older brothers! lol.

The Giants were suppose to do better than the Jets this yr. Since Doom & gloom sells in the media the Ny giants losing is the bigger story...or should I say the more profitable story.

I respectfully beg to differ, Smizzy. The Jets never get the credit they deserve when they deserve it, historically speaking. See, here's what gets me. The Giants always get top billing but this is what always killed me the most about it. The Giants stunk for YEARS, at times when the Jets stunk concurrently. Still, somehow the Giants were always Sir Poopsalot while the Jets were just plain old stinky chit. And that's a fact. No parity.

Check out this absolute tripe that was written back in August:

BYLINE: By SELENA ROBERTS.

E-mail: selenasports@nytimes.com

DATELINE: HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.

BODY:

ERIC MANGINI is either in the middle of an identity theft or an identity crisis.

Mangini, the Jets' coach, uses his library voice when publicly speaking instead of grunts that are recorded as indecipherable genius, but he is Bill Belichick in his punishing devotion to emotional detachment.

That means players are treated as system parts, ordered to run laps in heat unfit for lizards after mistakes, fined for errant answers in team meetings and interrogated for expressing a benign opinion outside the locker room.

Grown men are men belittled under Mangini.

''Am I supposed to say anything?'' Laveranues Coles said, joking, when asked yesterday how his body was feeling during Camp Mangini. ''Is this one of those questions where I'm supposed to say, 'Go ask coach'?''

Ask Mangini, and he'll channel Belichick in an impersonation of his Mensa mentor from New England, in an ideology borrowed from the beautiful mind under the hooded sweatshirt.

One problem: Mangini has to earn his hoodie. Impervious coaches of intellectual superiority aren't born; they're carved from Super Bowl titles. Coaches lauded for their callous monarchies don't materialize; they're formed from fabled winning seasons.

The oppressive micromanagement style that comes naturally to Belichick wears like paranoia on Mangini.

''No, it's my nature to be competitive,'' said Mangini, defending his guarded demeanor. ''And that's how I see myself, as competitive.''

Does Mangini really believe he is foiling Coach Jon Gruden's game plan by refusing to announce his starting quarterback for the Jets' first preseason game against the Buccaneers on Friday?

''We don't know,'' Chad Pennington said.

Does Mangini truly feel he is tipping off the enemy by not confirming the appendectomy that the starting defensive back Erik Coleman reportedly had last week?

''Erik is working on his illness,'' Mangini said in his trademark vague-speak. ''He is making progress on his illness.''

Is Mangini afraid of betraying a schematic secret by unveiling the training camp whereabouts of the beloved Curtis Martin as he rehabilitates his knee?

''To be honest, I haven't seen Curtis that much,'' Pennington said.

What does Mangini fear in allowing his assistant coaches to voice their expertise? At some point, the Jets promise, Mangini, a first-time head coach, will allow his first-time offensive coordinator, Brian Schottenheimer, to actually give fans an idea of what he sounds like.

The one-voice approach is a Belichick staple. And the audible rationing fits snugly with an organization of socially inhibited front-office executives. Not an extrovert among them.

The last personable character in the Jets building exited at the end of last season, when Herman Edwards plunged to the organizational level of dysfunction and deception upon his awkward departure for Kansas City.

The Jets rashly responded the way all N.F.L. teams do. They replaced one extreme with the opposite in excessiveness. Anyone who had been tutored within a halo's glow of Bill Squared -- either Belichick or Parcells -- was good enough for the Jets. Mangini was the daily double, a progeny of both.

Charisma was out, acrid was in. Sympathetic vanished, unrelenting materialized.

''It's very different,'' Coles said of camp. ''It's nothing like anything I've ever been through.''

Mangini wasn't a dramatic hire, just dramatically different from Edwards. There is nothing wrong with a change of pace as long as the tempo is true to the man leading the beat.

''I'm not Bill Belichick and I am not Bill Parcells,'' Mangini said when he signed on as the Jets' coach. ''I am Eric Mangini. I am going to approach it my way.''

So why does it seem as if Mangini is lip-syncing Belichick's championship aura? A style that is perfectly suited for Belichick isn't necessarily appropriate for Mangini.

Mangini needs his players. Players need Belichick. If Mangini dips too deep for too long in his demands, he could alienate his team.

There is another potential folly, as well. Not everyone is a multitasking taskmaster. Mangini is in danger of becoming bogged down in the minutiae of his own obsessive behavior.

What a waste of energy to monitor every sentence uttered by his players. How exhausting to veil basic personnel issues. What a consuming burden to be the lone voice of a franchise.

Game-day decisions require an uncluttered mind. Sleep deprivation isn't a badge of honor but a threat to clear thinking. Already, Mangini has shown signs of mental fatigue. When asked yesterday if he had made any mistakes, if he had any regrets, he didn't second-guess his decision to push his players through a nearly three-hour practice in suffocating heat last week. He didn't bring up any coaching miscues at all.

''I probably should have gone home and seen the kids,'' Mangini said.

There is no time for perspective when channeling Belichick. It's a demanding and impossible impersonation for a rookie coach who has yet to earn his hoodie.

Just noticed we're on the back, and James Brown died? Weird day.

Just want to know if they finally let Mrs. James Browm back into her marital abode. That was some picture-your husband's dead; now get your sheet and get the eff out!

svBROWN_wideweb__470x347,0.jpg!

Archived