How about a little comparison?

madmike1

vs the Dolphags in Miami:

Cindy Brady:

12 for 25 for 78 yards 55.1 rating (on a sunny atfernoon)

Chad Pennington:

14 for 29 for 237 yards 87.9 rating and a TD in the slop...

points on the board too Mike-and before the comparisons start with Jacksonville-these are all different teams than ones that played in September

points on the board too Mike-and before the comparisons start with Jacksonville-these are all different teams than ones that played in September

So playing Jacksonville with everything on the line means less then in September?

How convienent.

I don't. Chad at no point in his career has proven that he can handle the pressure in crunch time.

You obviously missed the adversity he and the jets faced last night with the season on the line.

Can't believe you had the audacity to type that, and if you believe it then I lost a lot of respect for you. I'll ignore you for the remainder of the day now.

Here we go.....

It's all about match-ups, people. Pats always play Miami poorly. Didn't the Jets lose to Buffalo late in the season 31-13? Division games are always tough - regardless of the opponent.

Lasts nites game was a defensive battle, and for the most part Miami's defense held the Jets - save for three realy big plays. Penny managed the game well enough - but Washington and the receivers had more to do with the victory. 'Gotta love the dink and dunk. Penny's bread and butter.

Because of this, I think the jets best match-up is the Colts, truth be told. This dink and dunk - utilizing BoomBoom - is an extension of the run game, really. Since the Colts can stop the run and they tackle as poorly as my nephews pop warner team.....I'd say you have a good shot. The next best match-up would be the Pats. Obviously you can beat them since you have already. I suspect you want nothing to do with Baltimore.

As a Pats fan, I want nothing to do with Denver. But as things stand - that is exactly who we are getting. Pats are doomed. I'm being serious. Broncos = Pats kryptonite.

You obviously missed the adversity he and the jets faced last night with the season on the line.

Can't believe you had the audacity to type that, and if you believe it then I lost a lot of respect for you. I'll ignore you for the remainder of the day now.

Was that sarcasm?

As a Pats fan, I want nothing to do with Denver. But as things stand - that is exactly who we are getting. Pats are doomed. I'm being serious. Broncos = Pats kryptonite.

The beauty of it is Plummer isn't starting. HE was the Patriots kryptonite for whatever reason. He sucked but whenever he played us he looked like an all pro. I have a good feeling that Belichick is going to have this Cutler kid for lunch.

The beauty of it is Plummer isn't starting. HE was the Patriots kryptonite for whatever reason. He sucked but whenever he played us he looked like an all pro. I have a good feeling that Belichick is going to have this Cutler kid for lunch.

We'll see. Cutler > Plummer if you ask me though...

Hey, maybe BB can show the team a tape of that Tyson fight.....;)

Maybe, but their defense matches up well with our offense. They are uber quick and negate alot of things we do well.

With the way our receivers are getting worse, Champ will probably cover Reche and Troy by himself.

I don't. Chad at no point in his career has proven that he can handle the pressure in crunch time.

Was that sarcasm?

No sarcasm. You said he can't handle the pressure and I pointed to an event (that occured less than 15 hours ago on national tv) where Chad delivered under pressure.

Cindy Brady:

Chad Pennington:

How about a comparison after 15 games:

Brady: 304 for 3304 YDS, 23 TD, 12 INT (Rating 87.0)

Chad: 291 for 3195 YDS, 16 TD, 16 INT (Rating 81.7)

Pats: 11-4

Jets: 9-6

I think I'll take the guy with more TD's and less INT's.

So would I G, but last night Chad performed better (under horrible conditions) than Brady did (under perfect conditions) against the same defense. That's what we're talking about.

No sarcasm. You said he can't handle the pressure and I pointed to an event (that occured less than 15 hours ago on national tv) where Chad delivered under pressure.

Come on now..Leon Washington saved Chads ass last night..other than the Cotchery throw..he sucked..I know it rained..but you are acting like he won the game himself..

Cindy Brady:

Chad Pennington:

Can we maybe go one week without the baiting threads??

What is the point of this??and who cares other than you??

Can we maybe go one week without the baiting threads??

What is the point of this??and who cares other than you??

That's what he does. He knows we can't be big bad bullies anymore so he just hides behind the mods poking his head out and sticking his tongue out at us. It's hilarious.

Come on now..Leon Washington saved Chads ass last night..other than the Cotchery throw..he sucked..I know it rained..but you are acting like he won the game himself..

Boom boom worked his magic last night but the QB of the NYJ made some timely and beautiful throws last night. I realize it wasn't an amazing statistical performance but given what the Miami D has done to better qb's in the last couple of weeks you would think Chad didn't stand a chance. Now we're playing to get into the playoffs, WITH NO HELP NEEDED!

So would I G, but last night Chad performed better (under horrible conditions) than Brady did (under perfect conditions) against the same defense. That's what we're talking about.

Jets seem to match-up better against the Phins then the Patriots. Brady has always struggled against the Phins. Brady is 20-3 against the Jets/Jills and 7-5 against the Phins. Yet, the Jets and Phins are about the same success wise over the same period.

Boom boom worked his magic last night but the QB of the NYJ made some timely and beautiful throws last night. I realize it wasn't an amazing statistical performance but given what the Miami D has done to better qb's in the last couple of weeks you would think Chad didn't stand a chance. Now we're playing to get into the playoffs, WITH NO HELP NEEDED!

I agree that the Cotchery throw was timely and beautiful...and we are playing for all the marbles next week and it's sweet...we also have to give special props to Pete Kendall for poking Jason Taylor in the eye though.;):P

I understand that mate. I was just trying to put this in perspective. Brady always struggles against the Phins.

Should I pull up the stats from the Jags game? :P

Gotta give Brady the edge stat-wise, but the numbers are a lot closer than I thought they were.

Raffy, adversity against MIA is one thing. how about the adversity of winning against BAL in BAL this year? You think Chad can overcome that D in the playoffs?

How about the adversity of PIT in PIT for the AFC championship? Brady bitchslapped a D that held Chad to 3 points on offense.

My point is yes, winning in MIA is good when the season is on the line. Winning against a SB caliber team on the road in the playoffs is another story.

Very much so. Chad's completion % is 64 and Brady's is 61. YPA is close as well.

The thing that jumps out is the TD to INT ratio.

Definitely, and that is a ket stat for QBs.

The picks have been CP's (uncharacteristic) pitfall this season. It's like looking at a contact hitter who hits for average and all of a sudden he has a bunch of strikeouts. It's just uncharacteristic. But he made a perfect throw throw downfield on the TD to Cotchery, so he can still be accurate, considering his physical limitations.

The picks have been CP's (uncharacteristic) pitfall this season. It's like looking at a contact hitter who hits for average and all of a sudden he has a bunch of strikeouts. It's just uncharacteristic. But he made a perfect throw throw downfield on the TD to Cotchery, so he can still be accurate, considering his physical limitations.

That was a great throw. No doubt about it.

It must drive you nuts to see a throw like that and then see all the crap throws.

That was a great throw. No doubt about it.

It must drive you nuts to see a throw like that and then see all the crap throws.

Of course it does. And it's no fun seeing WRs getting creamed when they have to wait for the ball, but you have to take the good with the bad.

That should be "key" stat.

umm

last night

the '02 playoff race and week 1 in the playoffs

the '04 chargers game that we won

those are 3 examples of what i would consider crunch time

I agree that the Cotchery throw was timely and beautiful...and we are playing for all the marbles next week and it's sweet...we also have to give special props to Pete Kendall for poking Jason Taylor in the eye though.;):P

BP, let's also not discount the HUGE scrambles for first downs that Chad had. Those were very big.

Miami played tough aggressive D, Chad took what he could and then when the money was on the line he came through. That about says it all for this week, and I'm ecstatic about it.

The poke in the eye was big, and it came right after Theisman said something like "these guys don't want to get hurt going into the offseason in a game that really means nothing, they have their health to worry about" pan to J. Taylor sitting on the sidelines showing his coach he got poked in the eye and I swear I read his lips saying "it was a bad poke, don't know if I could go in again" FABULOUS!

I understand that mate. I was just trying to put this in perspective. Brady always struggles against the Phins.

Should I pull up the stats from the Jags game? :P

No need big guy, I, unfortunately, remember that game all too well.:Cuss:

Btw, it will be nice to get to go to Foxboro and meet up with you guys but it's not looking good right now.

Raffy, adversity against MIA is one thing. how about the adversity of winning against BAL in BAL this year? You think Chad can overcome that D in the playoffs?

How about the adversity of PIT in PIT for the AFC championship? Brady bitchslapped a D that held Chad to 3 points on offense.

My point is yes, winning in MIA is good when the season is on the line. Winning against a SB caliber team on the road in the playoffs is another story.

No doubt Booz, but you don't get the opportunity to win against a SB caliber team on the road in the playoffs unless you come up big like Chad did last night. That's all I'm saying.

Btw, some might say Miami's D is better than a handful of teams in the playoffs. better than the colts that's for sure and that's who we would be facing if the season ended today. And, I like our chances with Chad at the helm in a dome.

Why are we doing this again?

Brady is a better QB than Chad. He is an all-time great & Chad isn't even a current-era great. Any discussion otherwise does no credit to any fan arguing otherwise. You really have to search high & low to find an opponent that they both played against where Chad was better. Chad's #'s also don't take into account that Miami dropped two sure interceptions. But they do take into account that Leon Washington turned a 3 yard dumpoff into a 63-yd run; on the stat sheet, you'd think Chad launched one 40-50 yards in the air. What does anyone think Chad's #'s would've been like with NE's receivers? Frankly, our little-used #3 McCariens would probably be #1 on New England right now.

Apples and apples this is not.

We just won a huge game. We are in control of our own destiny. We have a game against Oakland in 5 days. I care about making a Chad-Brady comparison vs Miami as much as I care about the same comparison @ Jacksonville, vs Chicago, @ Buffalo, etc despite vastly inferior receivers. Which is to say I don't at all.

Go Jets.

Why are we doing this again?

Brady is a better QB than Chad. He is an all-time great & Chad isn't even a current-era great. Any discussion otherwise does no credit to any fan arguing otherwise. You really have to search high & low to find an opponent that they both played against where Chad was better. Chad's #'s also don't take into account that Miami dropped two sure interceptions. But they do take into account that Leon Washington turned a 3 yard dumpoff into a 63-yd run; on the stat sheet, you'd think Chad launched one 40-50 yards in the air. What does anyone think Chad's #'s would've been like with NE's receivers? Frankly, our little-used #3 McCariens would probably be #1 on New England right now.

Apples and apples this is not.

We just won a huge game. We are in control of our own destiny. We have a game against Oakland in 5 days. I care about making a Chad-Brady comparison vs Miami as much as I care about the same comparison @ Jacksonville, vs Chicago, @ Buffalo, etc despite vastly inferior receivers. Which is to say I don't at all.

Go Jets.

Great work sperm, now we all have to go back to work.;)

Archived