Thank God Saban didn't go for it on 4th down.

docdhc

Thank God Saban kicks that field goal. It was 4th and less than a yard and it seemed like the dolphins were getting into the endzone and would have used up significant clock time or burned Jet timeouts in the process. Settling for the fg won that game for the Jets. He had nothing to play for and he still didn't have the balls to go for it. Thankfully we have a coach with brass ones now.

I said the same exact thing. Honestly I'm shocked that he didn't go for it. They were running the ball at about 7 YPC and what the hell did Miami have to lose? I was sure he was going to go for it and put the Jets away. Kicking that FG may have gotten us in to the playoffs. Thanks Nick.

Couldn`t agree more they were running pretty good on us at the time and had just picked up 13 yards on the previous play at 3rd & 14 with nothing to play for but ruining the JETS christmas ,i thought for sure they were going for it , thanks for the CHRISTMAS present coach nick.S.

I agree... A run right up the middle with R.Brown was working... Maybe even S.Morris... Maybe even a QB sneak... And when I seen the FG unit I thought it may be a fake... Thats why I was glad in a way when we called a timeout...

At first when Lemmon came into the game, I was loving it, we sacked him, putting pressure on him... Then he started to get real hot I thought... I was nervious for real... When we won last night... Man put it this way, me and my girl had 2 smoke a newport... My girl new I had a nice Christmas, and a Jets loss could have ruined some of my night...

Thanks Nick... This playoffs for you bro

Obviously there's no way to know what would have happenned had they gone for it on 4th down. Yes, they could have made it, but the Jets could easily have stopped them if they knew the run was coming, unless ofcourse they tried play action or some sort of gadget play, which has a tendency of backfiring in such situations.

But playing it safe in that situation was stupid, whichever way you look at it, cause like you've all been saying, he had nothing to lose.. that's the main point here.

Obviously, in retrospect, I'm happy he went for the FG, but some of you guys are making it sound like they would have certainly converted on the 4th down, which isn't neccesarilly the case.

That was a mindless decision by Saban. You are playing for nothing and its win-win. If you convert you probably win the game, if you dont you get a better draft pick. He coached it as if his team had something to play for.

And Mangini calling TO to ice Mare was a big boo boo on his part. Forget about icing mare, you cant give Saban time to stop and think of how much of a retard he was for attempting the FG.

If the situation was reversed I almost guarntee Mangini would have gone for it- take a risk and show confidence in your players Saban.

Mangini did that with his guys early this year, it worked.

Even that 4th down Endzone INT that didnt work, has helped IMO through the year to prove to the players that Mangini trusts them and will go for it when its needed.

Saban cant even throw a challenge flag the right way... you expect him to make this decision correctly?

Archived