Aaron Brooks starting/Jets 12.5 pt favorites

EvanstonJet

When was Brooks named the starter over Walter? Smart decision by the Raiders if they want to win (which of course they do) to go with Brooks. He was hurt last week so it's not like they're just bringing him back to beat the Jets. Brooks is the best QB they have and I'm still a big fan of his play, even though it is very inconsistent.

i'd rather see Walter starting
Not me, I for one am glad he is starting this guy has been riding the bench for how many games now ?

To come in of the bench like this in this kind of game is only going to put more pressure on him to Fu@k up and he will ,he has no rythme at all he comes into games throwing all over the place and the ball never gets to the right place or person ever.

Just watch and see this is a good thing for the Jets ,We should aready be jumping for joy right now Guys .:character42: watch brooks he will ruin the game for them as always.

I'm not sure Walter is so bad.....He's got the Bledsoe thing going -- he needs a lot of time to throw. He's got an above average arm and is tough as nails.

The Raiders defense is excellent, so the Jets can't take this game lightly. Still, they should the game, as Oakland is a lethargic veteran team.

I'm not sure Walter is so bad.....He's got the Bledsoe thing going -- he needs a lot of time to throw. He's got an above average arm and is tough as nails.

The Raiders defense is excellent, so the Jets can't take this game lightly. Still, they should the game, as Oakland is a lethargic veteran team.

Walter's got 3 TDs, 13 picks, and 9 lost fumbles... Give me him over mobile Brooks.

I had a dream last night that Chad threw two early interceptions ... score was still 0-0 though.

Hopefully just a dumb dream.

A little scary with Aaron Brooks playing because his is probably playing to save his job or to get a job somewhere else.

And who will Brooks throw to? Does Ronald Curry and Johnny Morant really scare you?

When was Brooks named the starter over Walter? Smart decision by the Raiders if they want to win (which of course they do) to go with Brooks. He was hurt last week so it's not like they're just bringing him back to beat the Jets. Brooks is the best QB they have and I'm still a big fan of his play, even though it is very inconsistent.

if you like bad qb play you'd be a big fan of the dolphins too then.

Walter's got 3 TDs, 13 picks, and 9 lost fumbles... Give me him over mobile Brooks.

Maybe in the short term Brooks is the lesser of two evils...

Walter has a ways to go before he can be a legit N.F.L. starting QB, but he was a rookie this season and missed a long time due to injuries (half of 2004 at ASU/all of 2005 Raiders)....

I'll tell you what, I saw Walter play a fairly solid game against the Seahawks, but he needs his players to help -- Randy Moss weas disinterested that night and dropped 4 or 5 balls. Jerry Porter was on the sidelines proudly laughing at the Raiders woes...Raiders O-Line hasn't been good.

Here's the deal:

1) Walter has potential to be a solid N.F.L. QB due to his size, arm, ect....but he not even close to that right now.

2) The Raiders offense stinks -- the Jets have to beat them....then the Raiders must refocus their offseason attention to rebuilding the offense and getting rid of the "non-characther" players.....Jerry Porter has to be the first one out the door.

Walter blows. Al Davis couldn't draft a good young QB if Brady Quinn hit him in the head. Tuaisosopo, Andrew Walter ugh.

Brooks is mobile but he has nobody to throw to and some college O-lines are better than what the Raiders have right now. Robert Gallery has been an absolute disaster. This should be a cake walk and a far cry from those tough late season and playoff games we used to play at Oakland years ago.

Archived