J Cotch needs 92 yards to hit 1000 on the year...

ECURB

Who knows. Sure he COULD. If we win the game I won't care if he doesn't catch a pass.

How sweet would it be to win, get in the playoffs and have a QB with alomst 3500 yards and 2 receivers over 1000 all in the same day...

I want both... jeez sorry guys.. just want Cotch to get the respect he deserves and the 1000 yard mark will get that done...

in my opinion i think it doesn't matter if it he hits the 4 digit yard mark, he's proven himself as a potential #1 in the future and thats all that matters

It would be nice for him. But I really wouldn't care at all. I saw how many championships were brought to NY with meaningless stats from Martin, Abraham, Law, Pennington, etc.

All I care about are wins. I pay attention to player stats for my FF team, not for my Jets.

Ask Deion Branch's accountant if he got "respect" without ever eclipsing 1000 yards or 6 TD's.

and to think he could not get any playing time under Hermie

Well..Hermy supposedly talked a good game in training camp..you know..like when he told Coles before he went to the Redskins..''as long as I'm the coach,you will be a New York Jet''..Hermy's word is golden ****..

I'm not trying to rip on ecurb - he's awesome. But until the NFL starts giving brownie-points for individual player stats I will never care how many yards anyone on the Jets get unless it's a low, low number & it's indicative of being crappy.

If I were to care about any offensive player stats, it would be touchdowns followed by yards per attempt/carry/pass. The rest of it I judge with my own eyes.

We are fans, we are allowed to dream about players getting good stats...

You do know there is a good chance if he does get his 92 yards we win the game right?

I know team>individual I just want the whole shabam... wins/stats/ all the glory... why not??

The Raiders pass defense is tops in the league. I would not say there is a "good chance" Cotch gets it if we win.

I would say that Cotchery will probably have a better game than Coles, as Lauveranues will be shadowed by Asomuhaga* all day.

*-spelling may not be correct. He has a weird name, but he is a beast-man.

I'm sure his agent cares as much about the 1,000 yards as the W. Think of how much guys were bitching about Branch and Porter at the start of the year because they never hit 1,000 yards. I mean they both "only" hit 998.

It is just an arbitrary number though.

I really hope they lock up Cotch long term.

IF he reaches thi landmark, it will only drive his price up higher in a free agent market.

Tannenbaum needs to get it done.

True...

I change my mind...

I hope he catches the ball and runs the wrong way with it a few times to get him back into the 800's...

Cheaper that way... lol

I want Cotch to get 1,000 so that Smizzy can make fun of Rich Cimini for claiming that Cotch won't be a household name! :P

Cotchery is a household name right now without the 92 yds. Cimini can't go to sleep at night without reliving that moment in his mind!!

Archived