Back from Foxboro - Those in Attendance, Check in with Thoughts

nj meadowlands

Not sure about what's been going on here today, but boy that was a rough one. Here are some of my thoughts on today's experience.

1) Don't know what the statline was, but for 3 and a half quarters, Chad Pennington played very good football. He was composed, didn't panic, made the reads, and some very solid throws.

2) The 3rd and Long defense was atrocious today. Brady picked us apart on square outs early and drags late. Outside run D was bad as well.

3) I'm tired of losing to these scumbags. I really am. But I certainly won't hang my head about the season we had next year. With $30 M in cap space and 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, the Jets are only going to get better, and that's a promise.

4) New England fans are a joke. I sat in an entire section of corporate fatcats who had no game sense. I'd say there were 6-7,000 Jet fans there today. It was very good to see and I'm PROUD of our fanbase. It's also so funny to see these bandwagon bitches who try to give you **** in their red Troy Brown jerseys....first time drinkin' there big guy? OPEN INVITATION to all you pussies to come down to the Meadowlands next year

5) LET'S GO CHARGERS!!!!!

Anyway, I'm sure the general mood around here is we have a LOT to be proud of, because we do! So here's to a good season, and to improving and winning a championship under Eric Mangini.

Everyone who went, safe trip home, and check in with your thoughts when you get back!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure about what's been going on here today, but boy that was a rough one. Here are some of my thoughts on today's experience.

1) Don't know what the statline was, but for 3 and a half quarters, Chad Pennington played very good football. He was composed, didn't panic, made the reads, and some very solid throws.

2) The 3rd and Long defense was atrocious today. Brady picked us apart on square outs early and drags late. Outside run D was bad as well.

3) I'm tired of losing to these scumbags. I really am. But I certainly won't hang my head about the season we had next year. With $30 M in cap space and 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, the Jets are only going to get better, and that's a promise.

4) New England fans are a joke. I sat in an entire section of corporate fatcats who had no game sense. I'd say there were 6-7,000 Jet fans there today. It was very good to see and I'm PROUD of our fanbase. It's also so funny to see these bandwagon bitches who try to give you **** in their red Troy Brown jerseys....first time drinkin' there big guy? OPEN INVITATION to all you pussies to come down to the Meadowlands next year

5) LET'S GO CHARGERS!!!!!

Anyway, I'm sure the general mood around here is we have a LOT to be proud of, because we do! So here's to a good season, and to improving and winning a championship under Eric Mangini.

Everyone who went, safe trip home, and check in with your thoughts when you get back!

Sorry I missed you today.

No way there were 7,000 Jets fans at Foxboro.

2) The 3rd and Long defense was atrocious today.

Great post.

I highlighted this piece because did anyone else read Eric's lips when the Pats were driving down in the first half? He clearly screamed over to someone "We need to get off the farkin field on 3rd down." Did anyone else catch this?

Sorry I missed you too dude. Maybe 7K is overshootin it, but at least 4-5. And know you're not one of the d-bag Pats fans I'm talking about... You've been a football fan longer than 6 years!

Were you hanging with Joe? Yellow Hummer, Keg, Beer Pong?

You must of had too much to drink during the pre-game tailgate party.

PennyBoy DID NOT play very good football today.

He was 0-3 in the Red Zone, his fumble resulted in 3 points for the Pats, his INT was returned for another 7 points and he couldn't convert a key 3rd down if his life depended on it.

So exactly how is that playing "very good football"?

He was 0-3 in the Red Zone, his fumble resulted in 3 points for the Pats, his INT was returned for another 7 points and he couldn't convert a key 3rd down if his life depended on it.

Welcome back TX

Chad played great today, almost flawless... that screen pass aside he was lights out most of the game...

Receivers werent getting open in the redzone, nothing he can really do about that... hes not Vince young, he cant run it in...

Did you miss the throw right into Coles hands IN THE ENDZONE??? Chad made the right throw, it was dropped.

Your picking the wrong fight by saying he didnt play well, Chad was the best thing we had going for us today.

No running game

No defense

Without Chad this game would have been a blowout at the half

Word. Good to have you back.

How ever you look at it, that lateral play broke the Jets' back. It went to a 2-score game and the Pats never really looked back from there. It's kinda like that Bubby Brister shovel pass-the return on the outcome of the play even if you run it perfectly is pretty minimal, and the chance you can make a bad mistake like that means you really shouldn't even run it at all. It's calmed down a bit now(after the game-fughetaboudit), but Pennington has to step far enough back and make sure it's not a lateral.

One thing that bothers me-in the red zone Pennignton's short passes suddnely come up against a Pats' D that uses the field compression of the end zone like the 12th defender, which they saw on Jets' game film over and over.The Jets' offense gets bogged down once they get isnide the 20. Pennington's too willing to check down to his safety receiver, so the Pats defend the deeper guys hard and hope he does that, and so what if he does.

Look what crawled out from under its rock after the Patsies' win.

Shocked, is what I am. Shocked, I tell you.

Were you hanging with Joe? Yellow Hummer, Keg, Beer Pong?

Nah man, not today. I was with my dad and brothers. I tried calling Joe to find out where he was, but Gillette's parking lot is labeled about as well as a concentration camp. We'll meet up next season though, guaranteed!

PatsFanTX:

1. I don't drink at games

2. You're wrong, as usual.

3. Go away. It was better when you had a hissy fit about the "direction" JN was going and weren't here.

Nah man, not today. I was with my dad and brothers. I tried calling Joe to find out where he was, but Gillette's parking lot is labeled about as well as a concentration camp. We'll meet up next season though, guaranteed!

PatsFanTX:

1. I don't drink at games

2. You're wrong, as usual.

3. Go away. It was better when you had a hissy fit about the "direction" JN was going and weren't here.

It was nice without TX and a lot of people voiced their approval... some fools want him here... whatever

4 Key Plays

1) the end of half 3rd from 1 yd line, Kassell and whole team had to know a pass was coming, it was a long yd and pats couldn't stop clock.

2) The F'd up lateral play.. enuff said, the real backbreaker

3) The Pick Play on Faulk's TD play, the pats get away with this play all the

time.. Eric Smith was picked and a penalty could have been called

4) Rhodes dropping potential INt for TD

Leon had 50 yds on 11 carries, what is wrong with that. The Jets moved the

ball all day.

Welcome back TX

Chad played great today, almost flawless... that screen pass aside he was lights out most of the game...

Receivers werent getting open in the redzone, nothing he can really do about that... hes not Vince young, he cant run it in...

Did you miss the throw right into Coles hands IN THE ENDZONE??? Chad made the right throw, it was dropped.

Your picking the wrong fight by saying he didnt play well, Chad was the best thing we had going for us today.

No running game

No defense

Without Chad this game would have been a blowout at the half

You keep talking about this pass coles dropped in the endzone.....I dont remember that happening at all....what quarter did this supposedly happen?

4 Key Plays

1) the end of half 3rd from 1 yd line, Kassell and whole team had to know a pass was coming, it was a long yd and pats couldn't stop clock.

Biggest play of the game was when the Jets closed to within 7 points early in the 4th quarter, Pats have a 3rd and 8 at their 40, and Brady hits Troy Brown over the middle for a 1st down.

Keeps the drive going and the Pats continue down the field and put it in the end zone.

Huge play.

4 Key Plays

Leon had 50 yds on 11 carries, what is wrong with that. The Jets moved the

ball all day.

3). What pick?

The game was close until the Pats scored with 11 seconds left in the 1st half.

Welcome back, TX.

Let me get you up to speed: while you were gone "leading the team to points" was dropped as a criteria for judging a QB's performance and "never quitting" and "having a big heart" took its place. Sorry for the confusion.

Welcome back, TX.

Let me get you up to speed: while you were gone "leading the team to points" was dropped as a criteria for judging a QB's performance and "never quitting" and "having a big heart" took its place. Sorry for the confusion.

So Troll, are you saying nothing has changed? ;)

You keep talking about this pass coles dropped in the endzone.....I dont remember that happening at all....what quarter did this supposedly happen?

I don't remember it either, which is why I failed to respond when eCurb kept asking me about it over and over.

Eric Smith got picked by wrm even simms called in out

pats get away with it all the time

The 2 holding calls were terrible on JMAC and Moore, pats never get called for holding.. odd don't you think

It's not odd. It's a part of playing that team and to be expected.

Well, i thought the way the jets were disguising their def. schemes in the first half was interesting, acting like they were milling about until the last second, but it just didn't seem to really work today.

Boy did we hear crap leaving the stadium. Actually, i saw a lot of other jets fans getting it worse than me, but they also were much smaller, I guess when a visiting fan is 6'3 it isn't so easy to be the tough guy. Driving out was brutal! Everyone saw us pull up, and saw the jets flagpole, and they ALL saw us leave, i got swarmed, what can ya do.

BTW, speaking of leaving, when we got back tot he humvee, we caught some stupid bi##h, writing all over it in lipstick, classy. And she wasn't even a kid, was probably late 20's, early 30's. I tell you what, after seeing the class SOME of those fans showed some of my friends, I will remember to say hi to each seemingly jack-off pats fan that shows up in NJ next year. Exceptions are the cool ones i met like Mr Gainzo here.

Also, good to see everyone, and meet some new faces today, hope to see everyone at the home opener. And Bren, you have a spot up on my shoulders any time foxxxy!;)

Well, i thought the way the jets were disguising their def. schemes in the first half was interesting, acting like they were milling about until the last second, but it just didn't seem to really work today.

Boy did we hear crap leaving the stadium. Actually, i saw a lot of other jets fans getting it worse than me, but they also were much smaller, I guess when a visiting fan is 6'3 it isn't so easy to be the tough guy. Driving out was brutal! Everyone saw us pull up, and saw the jets flagpole, and they ALL saw us leave, i got swarmed, what can ya do.

BTW, speaking of leaving, when we got back tot he humvee, we caught some stupid bi##h, writing all over it in lipstick, classy. And she wasn't even a kid, was probably late 20's, early 30's. I tell you what, after seeing the class SOME of those fans showed some of my friends, I will remember to say hi to each seemingly jack-off pats fan that shows up in NJ next year. Exceptions are the cool ones i met like Mr Gainzo here.

Also, good to see everyone, and meet some new faces today, hope to see everyone at the home opener. And Bren, you have a spot up on my shoulders any time foxxxy!;)

NE fans are largely classless bandwagon riders. They don't deserve a successful organization.

He's talking about the one that Chad threw behind and high to Coles in the first half. He must have eaten mushrooms and had the Wizard of Oz on fast forward on the other tv and got confused. It was a dogsh!t throw and if he would had led Coles we'd have tied the game. Every time Chad makes a move this kid has butterflies fly out of his ass. Insitutionalization is forthcoming.

Archived