Back from Foxboro - Those in Attendance, Check in with Thoughts

nj meadowlands

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK (Barton / afosomf / The Troll / NJ) If you want to argue at least watch the games from now on and dont bash me and try to make fun of me about it when apparently I was the only one who payed attention during our redzone plays...

3-5-NE10(2:43) C.Pennington pass incomplete short middle to L.Coles.

from: http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20070107_NYJ@NE

It wasnt behind and high either, Coles dropped it...IT WAS RIGHT AT HIS CHEST....(no NJ it wasnt behind, and if you watched you would have noticed he couldnt lead him becuase they left an extra DB on the inside so Chad had to thread the needle, and he did...) but I guess everyone finds it politically incorrect to bash him for the drop and just blame it on Chad...

What game were YOU GUYS watching that you MISSED a throw INTO THE ENDZONE????

I mean seriously you sit around and act like you know it all, but you dont even recall the JETS only real shot at the endzone??? You must be kidding... Then you have the nerve to take shots at me like I MISSED SOMETHING... when I guess I was the only one actually watching the game...

He's talking about the one that Chad threw behind and high to Coles in the first half. He must have eaten mushrooms and had the Wizard of Oz on fast forward on the other tv and got confused. It was a dogsh!t throw and if he would had led Coles we'd have tied the game. Every time Chad makes a move this kid has butterflies fly out of his ass. Insitutionalization is forthcoming.

The only way Coles was catching that was if he turned into Plastic Man or his arms miraculoulsy grew a foot and a half. Seen the play run back 2 or 3 times, and it still isn't a drop.

One other replay-Vilam going for the strip instead of jsut tackling Brady on 3rd down when you see it run back it will make you want to punch something. Just a dumb mistake on what could've been a great play.

You must of had too much to drink during the pre-game tailgate party.

PennyBoy DID NOT play very good football today.

He was 0-3 in the Red Zone, his fumble resulted in 3 points for the Pats, his INT was returned for another 7 points and he couldn't convert a key 3rd down if his life depended on it.

So exactly how is that playing "very good football"?

Pennington played a great game yesterday. Not a good game. A great game. You said it yourself in an earlier post, the Jets got blown off the ball on both sides. They could not control either line of scrimmage. So why was it so close with 5 minutes to go?

Because of Pennington. The lateral killed the Jets. But with no running game the short passing game is all they had.

I am proud of Chad. For the season he had. For the game he had yesterday. For giving his heart and soul to this team.

Pennington played a great game yesterday. Not a good game. A great game. You said it yourself in an earlier post, the Jets got blown off the ball on both sides. They could not control either line of scrimmage. So why was it so close with 5 minutes to go?

Because of Pennington. The lateral killed the Jets. But with no running game the short passing game is all they had.

I am proud of Chad. For the season he had. For the game he had yesterday. For giving his heart and soul to this team.

So are you saying that going 0-3 in the Red Zone meant nothing yesterday?

The Jets got caught in a blitz on that play.

There was no way in hell Smith could have gotten over and covered Faulk on that play.

I saw the play and was Smith's job to cover him,he knew it was a blitz,did you see Mangini chewing his ass out..Don't try talking in depth football, you don't know JACK

I believe Moore got called for a very cheesy holding call on one of the redzone drives after an 8 yd play on 1st down

I do not believe the pats were flagged on any holding calls .. were they?

with all the blitzing jets did, hard for me to believe that noone grabbed some shirt!!!!!!!!!

penny played great. stood tough in the pocket, didn't choke and made plays.

brady did the same just a little bit better. we played 1st 7 2nd down great on many series but could not gett off the field on 3rd down plays. Pats were the better team for that reason but the jets played really tough for 3 1/2 quarters.

I am happy to be a jet fan for the 1st time in a long while.

Many curious things going on in this thread:

80 congrats on getting a seat amongst the corp group (Red Seats) - boy, it was just a couple of days ago you were talking Standing Room Only. How did you manage that?

Anyway, I was sitting with Greengal - and besides the "hey, you brought a Jets fan?" crap.....which I stopped immediately - it was an event free day. I walked through parts of the lot and I did not see any "****" that you speak of. Seemed to me that everyone pretty much got along. There were a a spattering of obnxious fans (Jets and Pats) - but nothing crazy. As a matter of fact - near me there were three Jets fans holding up a sign disparaging Belichick and people were telling them it was clever....and bold. Of course, they got ribbed after games end....and justifiably so. So funny- twice I leave my seat to go to the Ladies room, and twice they score.....Greengal kept telling me to leave again......I never left my seat again!

Full Tilt Tailgate was fanatstic and no real ribbing amongst the fans at all - shoot - Pats fans there had to endure about seventeen J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS! Chants - so the "HEY-HEY-GOOD-BYE!" was justified as far as I am concerned. Truth be told - Jets fans were lamenting how much they "suck" more than the Pats fans were - and that is the God's honest truth.

Regarding the game.....most of the game, it "felt" like the Pats were the better team on the field. Really long drives, good success on third downs, no real pressure on Brady, D-line having a great game. I just kept hoping for no more breakdowns like the Cotch TD. Speaking of Cotch - he's good for at least one td every time he plays the Pats. He's the new Wayne Chrebet.

Max....can we get rid of this clown???

Redzone success requires the ability to at least have the run as a option the opponent must defense and respect. It also sets up play action AND the screen, both which Brady used for redzone TD's.

We didn't have that from our RB's and now will be subject to 20,000 posts by this jacka$$ concerning 0-3 in the redzone.

penny played great. stood tough in the pocket, didn't choke and made plays.

brady did the same just a little bit better. we played 1st 7 2nd down great on many series but could not gett off the field on 3rd down plays. Pats were the better team for that reason but the jets played really tough for 3 1/2 quarters.

I am happy to be a jet fan for the 1st time in a long while.

Yup. I actually thought it would end up with a last minute field goal by one team or the other. We both played each other extremely close up until that stupid backward throw. We were moving the ball. Washington was running all over the place at that point. It was exciting to watch... then it happened and it put us back by two and the momentum had changed. It's too bad. I, too, am happy to be a Jets fan and I'm encouraged about the future.

Many curious things going on in this thread:

80 congrats on getting a seat amongst the corp group (Red Seats) - boy, it was just a couple of days ago you were talking Standing Room Only. How did you manage that?

I sat in the upper tier, in blue seats. I got the tickets from ticketmaster 3 days ago (unimpressed, New England). Everyone in my section was a little corporate pantywaste receiving comp. beers. Definitely was most of their first football game- I counted 1 Pats jersey.

Maybe you were too locked into the game to notice the rampant douchebaggery.

I sat in the upper tier, in blue seats. I got the tickets from ticketmaster 3 days ago (unimpressed, New England). Everyone in my section was a little corporate pantywaste receiving comp. beers. Definitely was most of their first football game- I counted 1 Pats jersey.

Maybe you were too locked into the game to notice the rampant douchebaggery.

Upper tier is hardly the corp rich seats - those are for the druken party set.....last minute Jets/Pats fans like you. No corp is 'gonna buy section 300's. You are full of doo-doo. The only "crap" I saw was amongst Pats fans and Jest fans that were 22 and under. It's always the case. Young kids acting stupid.

Upper tier is hardly the corp rich seats - those are for the druken party set.....last minute Jets/Pats fans like you. No corp is 'gonna buy section 300's. You are full of doo-doo. The only "crap" I saw was amongst Pats fans and Jest fans that were 22 and under. It's always the case. Young kids acting stupid.

The first cut of the upper tier in section 313 was ENTIRELY corporate. Learn what you're talking about.

The first cut of the upper tier in section 313 was ENTIRELY corporate. Learn what you're talking about.

I've been there - half season ticket holders the other half are people lucky enough to get 'em off a broker, ticketmaster, freind or foe. 'Gimme a break. :rolleyes:

I saw the play and was Smith's job to cover him,he knew it was a blitz,did you see Mangini chewing his ass out..Don't try talking in depth football, you don't know JACK

You're right, it was Smith's man all the way. He did get picked, but I think he was too slow getting over to make the play even if he wasnt picked.

You're right, it was Smith's man all the way. He did get picked, but I think he was too slow getting over to make the play even if he wasnt picked.

I agree. I'm sure mangini was yelling that he was out of position. It seems no one was expecting him to do anything but block. It was a great playcall. yes he was picked and no it wouldn't have mattered if he wasn't

Hello A pick is a pick is a pick

Doesn't matter still against rules?

there is no way for ref to know if player would or would not have gotten there.

I'm also not saying that this cost jets game.

mental errors cost them the game!!!!!!

from the screen pass, to vilma's non sack , to kassel's brain fart on play action....

Did the Jets bring this funky stench back from Foxhole? I left Boston @ 4:30 this morning and just got back. Rte 95 should be blown up.

Why on Gawd's Green Earth would you take 95 instead of the Pike? It's raining and you have to go through Connecticut - the worst stretch of 95 imaginable....and in the rain? Poor T-Mack!

Hey, where did you end up getting seats anyway? 300's? Yuck.

hey im back and here are my thoughts on the game:

the better team won. flat out the better team won. If they play that game out 10 times the Patriots with 7 or 8. The Jets want to beat the Patriots but the Patriots want to win the Super Bowl... that's the difference between these two programs right now. Yesterday was our Super Bowl and that's not gonna cut it. Lessons learned for next year.

Jets fans i am sure are bashing Chad, and even I was dissapointed after the game, but given time to think about it, they didn't lose because of Chad.

The lateral was the turning point but just one of those unlucky breaks that happen to teams sometimes, unfortunately it happened to the Jets. Maybe if they had a real between the tackles running back they wouldn't need to throw laterals as a substitute for handoffs.

The NE DL was DOMINANT. Mangold and Brick hit the rookie wall about a month ago and it showed yesterday. These guys will be different players after a year in the str and conditioning program.

Nugent was money, that's always a nice thing to see in the playoffs.

as for the fans, there were alot of classy people there and only a few relatively classless fans, but honestly i can't say they were all that much different than NYJ fans. People gave me a ton of grief in the upper deck but that's par for the course. I was proud not to be one of those Jets fans that put on a blue jacket before heading into the game.

It was great to see all the familiar faces. I wasn't directly involved with the tailgates but i did stop by all the spots and it's always a pleasure to see Bren, Garb, nice to meet Green Gal.

now, i guess it's on to other pressing issues like the NFL draft - the Jets need a short yardage back and another 3-4 DE pretty badly.

Did the Jets bring this funky stench back from Foxhole? I left Boston @ 4:30 this morning and just got back. Rte 95 should be blown up.

Just back myself T-mac.....The weather was great (until this morning) & as always the company was great ,T-MAC , BRENDA, TYSON, 124,Dave/ Greenlantern & his father ,nice to see kathy again,Bronx Vic and big kudo`s for Gordon making the trip from scottland again so many JET FANS ON THIS TRIP to many to mention ,it was great to see eveyone there representing the green & white ,thanks to the JETS for giving us a season where were competitive right up to & past the last game of the reg. season..

I think that all of us (minus the game) had a ****ing great time. Great seeing all of you again.

As for the game... well we all know what went wrong.

I know i did! I already can't wait for the first game next year. Speaking of which, does anyone know where the first game will be, did they post the 2007 schedule yet? If not home, i hope somewhere in cali or florida.

I think that all of us (minus the game) had a ****ing great time. Great seeing all of you again.

As for the game... well we all know what went wrong.

My brother has a picture of you from after the game. I won't go into to much detail but it involves your Pennington jersey, beer and your feet on said jersey!

It was great to see everyone. 4H, Bren, GG, Garb, BZ, Joebabe and countless others I have failed to mention.

See you all again next year down in Jersey.

Just a great day all around.

My brother has a picture of you from after the game. I won't go into to much detail but it involves your Pennington jersey, beer and your feet on said jersey!

It was great to see everyone. 4H, Bren, GG, Garb, BZ, Joebabe and countless others I have failed to mention.

See you all again next year down in Jersey.

Just a great day all around.

**** Pennington. F'n Noodle Arm!

I know i did! I already can't wait for the first game next year. Speaking of which, does anyone know where the first game will be, did they post the 2007 schedule yet? If not home, i hope somewhere in cali or florida.

Your gonna have to wait till about April or May for the dates of games.

hey im back and here are my thoughts on the game:

the better team won. flat out the better team won. If they play that game out 10 times the Patriots with 7 or 8. The Jets want to beat the Patriots but the Patriots want to win the Super Bowl... that's the difference between these two programs right now. Yesterday was our Super Bowl and that's not gonna cut it. Lessons learned for next year.

Jets fans i am sure are bashing Chad, and even I was dissapointed after the game, but given time to think about it, they didn't lose because of Chad.

The lateral was the turning point but just one of those unlucky breaks that happen to teams sometimes, unfortunately it happened to the Jets. Maybe if they had a real between the tackles running back they wouldn't need to throw laterals as a substitute for handoffs.

The NE DL was DOMINANT. Mangold and Brick hit the rookie wall about a month ago and it showed yesterday. These guys will be different players after a year in the str and conditioning program.

Nugent was money, that's always a nice thing to see in the playoffs.

as for the fans, there were alot of classy people there and only a few relatively classless fans, but honestly i can't say they were all that much different than NYJ fans. People gave me a ton of grief in the upper deck but that's par for the course. I was proud not to be one of those Jets fans that put on a blue jacket before heading into the game.

It was great to see all the familiar faces. I wasn't directly involved with the tailgates but i did stop by all the spots and it's always a pleasure to see Bren, Garb, nice to meet Green Gal.

now, i guess it's on to other pressing issues like the NFL draft - the Jets need a short yardage back and another 3-4 DE pretty badly.

Nugent may be money on FG`s but we need someone maybe BIG BEN to do our KO`s next year cause it seems like everyone we play starts at the 35 plus yardline...

[my wife and my 15 year old son went to game and not only were verbally abused but had popcorn thrown at them , beer thrown on their seats when they went to snack stand and my son was not allowed to go into bathroom being told "Jets fans go pee outside"

Archived