CAUTION.....Beware of this thread

JonEJet

There are many on here that are quite optimistic about the Jets future. I am too

BUT

Sometimes you have to take a step back, before a step forward. Next year might be a tough one with that schedule. Stay the course, our future is bright!!

Just telling it like it is:bag:

Next years schedule is going to be a lot tougher, no two ways about it. We've got a whole draft and a lot of cap room to focus on the D, but that still means new players in new positions. Mangini's fundemental strength's as a coach are the bright spot. Everybody will be in shape and everybody will be expected to give 125% - or they ride the pines until they are unloaded. Nobody has a position won. That formula works.

I think the team will be stronger next year but the record will remain about the same... 9-11 wins and that depends on what happens with our division... as of now we can count 2 from the dolphins and 1 from the Bills... who knows what any of the teams will look like come next Sept. though.

There are many on here that are quite optimistic about the Jets future. I am too

BUT

Sometimes you have to take a step back, before a step forward. Next year might be a tough one with that schedule. Stay the course, our future is bright!!

Just telling it like it is:bag:

I would think a guy who owns liquor stores would have a brighter outlook on life. :)

N.Y. Jets

Home-

Buffalo

Miami

New England

Cleveland

Pittsburgh

Philadelphia

Washington

Kansas City

we should be able to win 5 or 6 of our home games, NE will be tough and so will Philly. The wildcard games would be Miami and Buffalo.

Away-

Buffalo

Miami

New England

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Dallas

N.Y. Giants

Tennessee

We should be able to win 5 or 6 of these as well, Ravens and Bengals will be tough, Dallas and NYG are falling apart (NYG more than Dalllas) The Titans will be tough.

We really should be able to get somewhere between 9-11 wins next year with that lineup, but you never know... the Ravens are tough but what if we run back a kick and get up by 2 scores on them? Their D wont matter much then....

It can swing the other way too but I dont see us as less than an 8-8 team with that lineup, I think the most we can win is 12.

Depends on what we do during the offseason.

We have the cap room to get much better, and those teams can always get worse.

If Herm was still here we would get older/slower/weaker/worse and the other teams would all get better, by week 3 we would be exposed...

I think it is way to early to even think about a record for next season.

You have draft coming up along with FA and who knows how the other teams are going to be.

Washington could be better

The Giants could be better

The Ravens could be worse.

We should probably revisit this in August during the pre-season.

Archived