Trent Dilfer - we need to trade for this guy!

Barton

I've had enough of everybody bringing this guys name up when people say Chad cant win a SB for the Jets.

So because Dilfer won a SB, that means Chad can? Tell me, why are you banking on the Jets building 1 of the greatest defenses in NFL history? Because thats what it took for Dilfer to become a superbowl QB. The odds of the Jets D ever being that good is as likely as Santa Claus being real.

So, 1% of the SB winning QBs were ****tier than Chad Pennington. Great, so lets build around Chad (he's only 31 next year, he still has time to improve). Great plan, guys.

And for the record, Dilfer had a top 5 pick at running back, and a much stronger arm than Chad!

I've had enough of everybody bringing this guys name up when people say Chad cant win a SB for the Jets.

So because Dilfer won a SB, that means Chad can? Tell me, why are you banking on the Jets building 1 of the greatest defenses in NFL history? Because thats what it took for Dilfer to become a superbowl QB. The odds of the Jets D ever being that good is as likely as Santa Claus being real.

So, 1% of the SB winning QBs were ****tier than Chad Pennington. Great, so lets build around Chad (he's only 31 next year, he still has time to improve). Great plan, guys.

And for the record, Dilfer had a top 5 pick at running back, and a much stronger arm than Chad!

You have come a long way mate. Excellent post.

If there is a QB better then Chad on the FA market I'd be seriously open to bringing him in for competition. The thing I DON'T want the jets to do is to gamble a whole draft (and alot of money) on a QB who could be Eli Manning just as easily as he could be Peyton.

Barton, I'm not sure if you are qouting what I have written before or not. Either way you can win with a game managing QB, and as you and I have both pointed out you need a strong running game and top defense to do it. It's possible, but not likely. I don't think Chad should lead this team if we can find a better veteran QB, however picking from the QB's we have on the roster to date he gives us the best chance to win. I think we can get a better free agent QB next year and his name is Jeff Garcia.

Tell me why are you and other chronic complainers such as Troll are banking that a better QB than Chad is just sitting around for our FO to say "hey look let's make a change to this guy"?

Since 2001 29 NFL teams must have message boards where they are posting about the same QB problems since only 3 QB's have proven they can win a SB for their team in that timeframe.

Barton, I'm not sure if you are qouting what I have written before or not. Either way you can win with a game managing QB, and as you and I have both pointed out you need a strong running game and top defense to do it. It's possible, but not likely. I don't think Chad should lead this team if we can find a better veteran QB, however picking from the QB's we have on the roster to date he gives us the best chance to win. I think we can get a better free agent QB next year and his name is Jeff Garcia.

garcia may end up in tampa or in cleveland.

I don't think Chad should lead this team if we can find a better veteran QB, however picking from the QB's we have on the roster to date he gives us the best chance to win. I think we can get a better free agent QB next year and his name is Jeff Garcia.

I'm all for that move as a stop gap improvment but I don't see it happening. As lame as it sounds, I think it would disrupt the high level of positive chemistry the Jets have developed as a team so I don't see Mangini signing off on it. We have the cap room too. It's sad because if KC doesn't light it up bigtime in camp we are likely looking at a >.500 year with Chad throwing the ball and next years schedule.

Tell me why are you and other chronic complainers such as Troll are banking that a better QB than Chad is just sitting around for our FO to say "hey look let's make a change to this guy"?

Since 2001 29 NFL teams must have message boards where they are posting about the same QB problems since only 3 QB's have proven they can win a SB for their team in that timeframe.

The difference is that people like yourself seem to have a hard time forgetting 2002.

I see Chad as an average NFL starting QB, nothing more and nothing less. And we can do better than "average".

The difference is that people like yourself seem to have a hard time forgetting 2002.

I see Chad as an average NFL starting QB, nothing more and nothing less. And we can do better than "average".

I'm all for improving the position, but who is your replacement?

Archived