as donald trump would say

harris5214

I don't think you can really blame him for today's loss. The Chargers defense faltered late and Philip Rivers really was a non-factor.

As I said before, the game will come down to the Chargers defense and Philip Rivers. In the end, the Defense made some stupid plays and let up a huge 30+ yard completion on 3rd and 10.

While Philip Rivers really wasn't involved in this game.

LT had 120 yards rushing, 2 TDs, but in the end, it wasn't on him to win.

When a defense can't stop a team from scoring at the end of the first half and then at the end of a game, you usually lose.

WHy have teams like the Cowboys, 49ers, Rams, Bucs, and Pats won SBs over the years, not only did their team have great players, but the defense usually needed to come up with a big stop sometime during the game. Good Stats mean nothing in the end if you allow the other team to drive down the field and win in the end.

The Chargers playcalling stunk. LT never should finish this game with only 23 carries, with the way he was running and with Rivers and the receivers struggling he should have had 30-35 carries. He'd get 5 yards on a first down and not see another carry until 4 plays later.

THe Chargers were a complete disaster today. THey had insane field position almost all game and did nothing with it.

Not only did he waste it, but he picked the wrong thing to challenge. He'd have been better off claiming it was bobbled and a no catch than down by contact. The ball was gone before the guy was anything but 100% upright.

I believe it doesnt matter what you ask them to challenge, if it was incomplete, it would be overturned. Believe Simms made a comment about it.

Still... D-U-M-B

People bash Eli Manning for not perfomring in the playoffs, well Rivers has probably the best offensive line, RB, TE, FB, and one of the top defenses in the league and he has 0 TD passes. He really was a non-factor for the entire game.

Yeah Marty is marty, but the fact is, Philip Rivers did not impress me at all.

People bash Eli Manning for not perfomring in the playoffs, well Rivers has probably the best offensive line, RB, TE, FB, and one of the top defenses in the league and he has 0 TD passes. He really was a non-factor for the entire game.

Yeah Marty is marty, but the fact is, Philip Rivers did not impress me at all.

True but his WR's dropped a lot of catchable balls on him.

True but his WR's dropped a lot of catchable balls on him.

They sure did.

Marty wasting that challenge was beyond moronic...

It sure was.

And the fumble on the pr, and the strip after the int, and the unsportsmanlike penalties...

The Chargers have no one to blame but themselves.

How many balls did the recievers drop today ?

How many times did they turn the ball over ?

How many freakin STUPID penalities did they commit ?

Yeah the challenge was incredibly stupid but the Chargers shot themselves in the foot so many times that it wasn't even funny.

- calling a timeout at 2:15 left.

Instead of letting it run down to 2:00, then letting NE run 2 plays & calling timeout at ~1:50 (with no timeouts), SD took over wtih ~1:10 (with no timeouts). Guess what they could've used a little more of. Time.

- interception that was fumbled

this is coaching. The players have to know what the hell is going on in the game. If it's 4th down & you just intercepted the ball & you don't have clear daylight in front of you, then sit on the floor & let NE tap you in the shoulder. You let LT try to pick up the yards. Team has to know this. To not know it is on the HC.

- not letting a KO go out of bounds.

When I see a rookie in the game & do this, that means Marty never told him, "If it looks like the KO is going out of bounds, don't touch it." This is on the HC.

- calling the timeout on stupid challenge he knew wouldn't get overturned. Sometimes when a HC does this it's just to be a crowd-pleaser. Know what's a crowd-pleaser? Winning.

Players will have good games & players will have bad games. You'll get bad interceptions thrown & lose fumbles & sometimes the calls don't go your way.

The one thing that is not "excusable" is your HC having a "bad game".

20 yrs as a HC and zero superbowl appearances. This dunce should be fired.

Archived