Lions | Thanksgiving Day tradition in jeopardy?

Smizzy

Lions | Thanksgiving Day tradition in jeopardy?

Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:43:41 -0800

Vartan Kupelian and Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, report there has been speculation that the Detroit Lions might not play host to their traditional leadoff Thanksgiving Day game, an annual ritual they founded in 1934. Instead, the team could be moved to a night game, which premiered on the NFL Network last season, and holds a smaller viewing audience. Network officials might prefer a more attractive team than the Lions, who are on a six-year skid, to play in one of the first two games on Thanksgiving.

From my mouth to gods ears.

Don't **** with tradition.

The NFL is in business to make money... not to put up with the Lions and keep giving them a special game every year even though they suck....

Take it away from them, they dont deserve it.

The NFL is in business to make money... not to put up with the Lions and keep giving them a special game every year even though they suck....

And the Lions made the league absolutely no money back when Barry Sanders, Herman Moore, and Chris Speilman were playing on Thanksgiving.

The Lions are in a downswing and will eventually swing back up. Something tells me if the Cowboys suck for 6 years, the league won't take away their afternoon game.

The reason the Lions have that special game is because they were the only team who'd take it, way back when they were the money in the NFL. They're not going to **** with William Clay Ford, a man who made this league what it is.

From god's mouth to my ears.

Archived