Who's had more success in their career, Pennington or Ron Mexico?

Blackout

Really?

I seem to remember Jon Vilma returning an interception for a touchdown in that game. I'm also almost certain there was a special teams TD too.

I remember when the Jets drove down at the end of regulation and could have won it with a touchdown, but Chad failed to deliver inside the red zone and had a sure interception dropped by Adam Archuletta. We kicked a field goal and lost in overtime.

And Bulger had 450 yards..But that was Chads fault.

the difference was the Rams were at home playing for a playoff birth, the Falcons were home for their game against the Rams in the playoffs, i mean really, are you just this stupid???

Oh, they were at home?

My bad, I guess I am an idiot. Everyone knows that the games are pre-determined by which team is hosting.

What the **** difference does that make really? The Jets/Rams game was basically a playoff game for both teams, who by the way, both went ON THE ROAD the very next week and ****ing won. Dumbass. Stick to your horsie posts and Vinny fellatios.

And Bulger had 450 yards..But that was Chads fault.

Yeah, but the fact that Chad put a measley 15 points on the board was the fault of the defense/special teams. A unit which scored one less point than Chad did. Team effort. It's not pin the tail on the defense, because Chad played like a jackass too.

Which QB has had the better career?

Career #'s for two QBs (QB-A) and (QB-B)

I bolded the winner in each category, I didnt inlcude playoff records becuase it isnt good for either of them...

Games Started in the NFL

QB A - 53

QB B - 67

Passing Yards

QB A - 11973 (225.9 Per game started avg)

QB B - 11505 (171.7 Per game started avg)

Passing TD's

QB A - 72 (1.36 Per game started avg)

QB B - 71 (1.06 Per game started avg)

Completion %

QB A - 65.1

QB B - 53.8

YPA (yards per attempt)

QB A - 7.22

QB B - 6.65

QB Rating

QB A - 89.3

QB B - 75.7

Rushing Yards

QB A - 364 (6.87 Per game started avg)

QB B - 3859 (57.6 Per game started avg)

Rushing TD's

QB A - 5 (0.09 Per game started avg)

QB B - 21 (0.31 Per game started avg)

Which QB has had the better career?

QB A will get you more yards per game, TD's per game with rushing passing combined, his completions go for more yards, he is mroe accurate, ....

It seems when you take out the obvious BIAS of some people who dislike Chad on here (by taking out the names) that its pretty clear who the better QB is...

Football isn

That's quite an extreme example.

Vick and Chad are at the same mediocre level. Vick took his team further than Chad did. He also destroyed the same Rams team in the playoffs that beat Chad in a MUST WIN game two weeks prior. It's like choosing between the giant douche and the turd sandwich.

you said you rate QBs on how close they came to winning the big one-- not me.

POTW NOM

Why are the Chad supporters making it out as if anyone said definitively that Vick is better? It's like you actually want an argument. No one is saying that Vick is difinatively better or worse, their stats are quite similar. Our stance is they are both pretty much average QB's with the same track rtecord of noit getting the job done.

Yes but this thread is about who is better.

If you take the fact that most have agreed they are about even, Chad is the better QB becuase of the influence he has on his teamates alone. Not to mention he took a big risk re-structuring his contract this year. Chad is better for his team overall than Vick and that is a big factor when your talking about a players impact on the game.

I have said numerous times in this thread that niether QB is a HOF QB... so even though some may think I am Bias twoards Chad in thsi just becuase I like him, its not true.

Chad has better or EVEN stats in most categories and he brings more to the table as a leader of his team. That gets him the win, everyone says it doesnt matter becuase of how close it is, but thats not true... whether he wins this by a foot or a mile he wins.

If you take the fact that most have agreed they are about even, Chad is the better QB becuase of the influence he has on his teamates alone. Not to mention he took a big risk re-structuring his contract this year. Chad is better for his team overall than Vick and that is a big factor when your talking about a players impact on the game.

I have said numerous times in this thread that niether QB is a HOF QB... so even though some may think I am Bias twoards Chad in thsi just becuase I like him, its not true.

Chad has better or EVEN stats in most categories and he brings more to the table as a leader of his team. That gets him the win, everyone says it doesnt matter becuase of how close it is, but thats not true... whether he wins this by a foot or a mile he wins.

And Chadwick doesn't have an STD.

Super, our turd nugget soup tastes a little better than theirs.

you said you rate QBs on how close they came to winning the big one-- not me.

I didn't say that it was the end all, be all. That is what YOU said I said.

When you are judging two similarly mediocre QBs, yeah, it holds some weight. Who had a better career: Jeff Blake or Jeff George? I would say George, even though their stats are similar and George was a POS, because Blake never took a team to the playoffs.

not much wiggle room there troll. maybe you mispoke but you said what you said. you didn't need me to put any words in your mouth.

It is a grey area. When two QBs are very similar, to me, that is what breaks the tie. Playoff success. When QBs are SIMILAR. That does not mean I think Kerry Collins was more successful than Dan Fouts and that Trent Dilfer was more successful than Dan Marino.

In the context of Chad Pennington vs. Michael Vick, I meant that to a tee. They both suck pretty much equally, but Vick has taken his team deeper. Therefore, that makes Vick more successful.

It is a grey area. When two QBs are very similar, to me, that is what breaks the tie. Playoff success. When QBs are SIMILAR. That does not mean I think Kerry Collins was more successful than Dan Fouts and that Trent Dilfer was more successful than Dan Marino.

In the context of Chad Pennington vs. Michael Vick, I meant that to a tee. They both suck pretty much equally, but Vick has taken his team deeper. Therefore, that makes Vick more successful.

Chad has the slight edge in most stats

Chad is smarter

Chad is a better leader

Vick went one game further in the playoffs on the FALCONS, its not like it was him vs the world... he had a pretty good team...

You cannot say Vick has had more success becuase he got one game further in the playoffs, either you get to the Superbowl or you dont, both of them havent. Their playoff success is also even.

Chad Pennington > Michael Vick

Why you cant see that is beyond me, I showed you the stats including rushing and Chad wins most categories, they are about even in the playoffs, and Chad is a better leader of his team.

Who is better?

QB-A

- leads most stats over QB-B

- never been to a superbowl medicore playoff record

- great leader, players like to play with him

- When he plays most of a season he makes the playoffs QB-B does not always

QB-B

- never been to a superbowl medicore playoff record

- Not accurate but can extend plays with his feet

- still cant learn an offense

- not a great leader, pothead

i can see how this could be a tie-breaker. it just seemed from your post that it was the only criterion you used. i still think penny wins out over vick due to intangibles and i would never, ever want vick on the jets but i can see the counterpoint for vick because teams must develop a defensive game plan specifically to stop him.

Chad

I loved Vick when he played for my Hokies, but I always knew he wouldn't live up to the hype in the pros. He's all flash and no substance.

Michael has a million dollar arm, million dollar legs, and a 10 cent head.

Sure, he'll bust off one or two "superman" runs a game, but then doesn't do jack in the passing game and the Falcons end up losing.

This is a typical game for Vick:

9 of 20, 115 yards, 1 TD 2 INT's

If the Falcons were smart, then they would get rid of Vick and start Schaub.

I'll take a guy like Chad loaded with top notch smarts, heart, accuracy, and leadership over a physical freak like Vick anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Chad

I loved Vick when he played for my Hokies, but I always knew he wouldn't live up to the hype in the pros. He's all flash and no substance.

Michael has a million dollar arm, million dollar legs, and a 10 cent head.

Sure, he'll bust off one or two "superman" runs a game, but then doesn't do jack in the passing game and the Falcons end up losing.

If the Falcons were smart, then they would get rid of Vick and start Schaub.

I'll take a guy like Chad loaded with top notch smarts, heart, accuracy, and leadership over a physical freak like Vick anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Well put

One of the downsides I left out about Chad is that he cant get you good weed like Vick can... :)

Chad

If a typical game for Vick involves 2 int's, then what's Chad's? Before you answer, note that Chad throws more interceptions per game than Vick.

Again, Vick is not a statuesque QB. Rushing yards COUNT. Rushing touchdowns COUNT.

PASSING TOTALS (use for passing stats only):

Vick 71 TD's, 52 INT's

Chad 72 TD's, 46 INT's

TOTAL TOTALS (use for determining total game stats):

Vick 92 TD's, 52 INT's

Chad 77 TD's, 46 INT's

You can't discount the very running ability that makes Vick dangerous - totally eliminate his most dangerous asset from an argument - and then proceed to use what's left as a reason why Chad is or has been a more successful player. That makes as much sense as taking away Brian Westbrook's receiving yards & then saying that he was no better than Chester Taylor this year. Or that Dominic Rhodes had a better season than Reggie Bush.

Mind you, I don't think Vick is a better passer than Chad. It's not even close - Chad is & has been MUCH better. But I don't think one has definitively had a more successful career than the other. If an Atlanta fan were here, he'd point to Vick reaching the championship game once, Chad zero; and Vick's 3 pro-bowl appearances to Chad's zero. And how bad is Vick's supporting cast? When he hasn't started over the past 4 seasons, Atlanta is 2-13.

They are both absurdly overrated. Chad by Jets fans, and Vick by everyone else.

I feel bad for the guys who are stuck here defending Michael Vick. We all know neither of them are what we call good qb's, with that said if I had one game i'd take Vick over Pennington.

It depends on who they're playing. If it's a clearly worse team, I'd take Chad 10x out of 10 over Vick since an adequate game-manager should translate into a win. Chad beats Vick hands-down in that regard.

If it's against a better team (particularly against a top defense), I'd take Vick just because you're going to need the unpredictability of a guy who could throw the ball 50 yards downfield or keep a bootleg & run 50 yards with it on the same play.

Archived