Who's had more success in their career, Pennington or Ron Mexico?

Blackout

Mexico sports a 2-2 playoff record, Pennington is 2-3

Pennington is a slow QB with a noodle arm who tries to manage the game play by play with short passes, which always seems to kill us in the end.

Ronny is a speedy qb with a cannon of an arm but sometimes poor accuracy and is surrounded by horrible recievers which causes him to have to live and die by "the big play" every game.

who has been more successful? both started around the same time

He did not ask who was a better QB and he did not ask about venereal diseases. He asked who has had the better career and Vick is the answer to that question.

Based on what his fewer passing yards in more games played?

Or his fewer TD passes in more games played?

Or his lower comp. %?

Or maybe his career 75 QB rating?

Or his lower comp. %?

Based on the fact that he has taken his team to within one game of the Super Bowl.

Vick is a terrible QB, I am not defending him. I hate him. But he is also the answer to the question blackout posed.

He did not ask who was a better QB and he did not ask about venereal diseases. He asked who has had the better career and Vick is the answer to that question.

Or his lower comp. %?

Based on the fact that he has taken his team to within one game of the Super Bowl.

Vick is a terrible QB, I am not defending him. I hate him. But he is also the answer to the question blackout posed.

Please tell us your joking Troll.... :ahhh:

SO Vick has been one game farther in the playoffs, and that negates the fact that Pennington is better in all of those other Stats.... :roll:

Now I know for sure your hell bent on hating Chad when you try to claim Vick is better becuase HIS TEAM got one game further in the playoffs...

Please tell us your joking Troll.... :ahhh:

SO Vick has been one game farther in the playoffs, and that negates the fact that Pennington is better in all of those other Stats.... :roll:

Now I know for sure your hell bent on hating Chad when you try to claim Vick is better becuase HIS TEAM got one game further in the playoffs...

How do you define success? I define it by winning championships. Vick has come closer to that than Chad has.

BTW, this season: Vick - 22 total TDs, 16 turnovers

Penny - 17 TDs, 20 turnovers

Yeah, how ridiculous of me to dare say that a QB with more total yards, more touchdowns, and less turnovers could possibly be in the same league as the Great Chad Pennington.

Wow, Troll managed to pull his head out of his ass for once. While Pennington is a good QB Vick has taken his team farther in the playoffs and it wasn't like Vick was surrounded by offensive talent.

Vick's receivers in Atlanta are terrible. Pennington by comparison has had some very good receivers here in New York. Coles, Moss, Cotchery. Compare that to Roddy White, Michael Jenkins and Dez White. Scrubs. That game the Falcons played the Saints with White and Jenkins dropping all of Vick's passes really showed how little Vick has to work with down there. When Alge Crumpler is your best receiver you have problems.

Wow, Troll managed to pull his head out of his ass for once. While Pennington is a good QB Vick has taken his team farther in the playoffs and it wasn't like Vick was surrounded by offensive talent.

Vick's receivers in Atlanta are terrible. Pennington by comparison has had some very good receivers here in New York. Coles, Moss, Cotchery. Compare that to Roddy White, Michael Jenkins and Dez White. Scrubs. That game the Falcons played the Saints with White and Jenkins dropping all of Vick's passes really showed how little Vick has to work with down there. When Alge Crumpler is your best receiver you have problems.

coles and cotchery would be considered ****ty if they had to play with vick. he is a turd that infects the entire offense with e. coli.

They really the same player who get to their pretty mediocre results in a different manner. When you consider their rushing yards and TD's this is the comparison:

Vick-avg 229.3 total YPG with 1.37 TD's per game.

Pennington- 232.7 total YPG with 1.45 TD's per game.

The funny thing is the ones here who are villifying Vick as a horrible QB are praising pennington as a great QB. Guess what, they're both pretty crappy.

Troll you brought up this season, yet this is a thread about CAREER... and you put so much stock into Vick getting 1 game further in the playoffs... Chad was only a kick away from that game...

Niether of them are getting into the HOF but Pennington is the better QB.

who's had more success-- if you mean money, vick b/c of endorsements and that's probably how the selfish sob judges success anyway. but also, while similar statistically in YPG, penny is considered by all sources to be a nice guy, fans love him, he nenver backs down from a fight, is gracious in victory and defeat and his team would follow him anytime, anywhere. penny is the obvious answer to the question as asked.

Troll you brought up this season, yet this is a thread about CAREER... and you put so much stock into Vick getting 1 game further in the playoffs... Chad was only a kick away from that game...

Niether of them are getting into the HOF but Pennington is the better QB.

ecurB, you quote me, not Troll.

Anyway to say Pennington is just outright better than Vick is a little presumptuos. Career wise and, more accurately, game average shows that their impact game by game is nearly identaical. they both are just not very good.

who's had more success-- if you mean money, vick b/c of endorsements and that's probably how the selfish sob judges success anyway. but also, while similar statistically in YPG, penny is considered by all sources to be a nice guy, fans love him, he nenver backs down from a fight, is gracious in victory and defeat and his team would follow him anytime, anywhere. penny is the obvious answer to the question as asked.

The question was success on the field, in which the answer is they are equally unsuccessful.

ecurB, you quote me, not Troll.

Anyway to say Pennington is just outright better than Vick is a little presumptuos. Career wise and, more accurately, game average shows that their impact game by game is nearly identaical. they both are just not very good.

know I was just pointing out to him yet another Stat Chad wins in... then he will agrue that Vick got one game further in the playoffs... :roll:

Chad Pennington has the edge in the stats, which on paper makes him better.

Also he is a better teamate, he is smarter, he makes people around him better.

Nither of them are all time great QB's but Chad brings more to the table for his team than Vick does.

How do you define success? I define it by winning championships. Vick has come closer to that than Chad has.

BTW, this season: Vick - 22 total TDs, 16 turnovers

Penny - 17 TDs, 20 turnovers

Yeah, how ridiculous of me to dare say that a QB with more total yards, more touchdowns, and less turnovers could possibly be in the same league as the Great Chad Pennington.

i guess trent dilfer and big ben have better careers than dan marino then.

They really the same player who get to their pretty mediocre results in a different manner. When you consider their rushing yards and TD's this is the comparison:

no, the question is success in their career.

Basically even with his rushing talent, Vick doesnt get any more yards per game than CP does...

Chad is more accurate

Vick has also only played all 16 games ONCE in his career

Vick is NOT a good teamate, he is not good for his city, he drags people down with false hopes becuase he can run fast...

This isnt even close

Chad has more yards in 14 less games started...

Chad has more TD's in 14 less games started...

Chad MORE THAN 10% more accurate

YPA

Chad - 7.22

Vick - 6.65

Rating

Chad - 89.3

Vick - 75.7

You would have to be blind and just think the name Vick is cool to think he had a better career...

Basically even with his rushing talent, Vick doesnt get any more yards per game than CP does... No, but he does produce the same total yardage as Chad, he just gets it in a different manner.

Chad is more accurate-No aregument here.

Vick has also only played all 16 games ONCE in his career-So has Chad. In fact the only reason Vick has more gametime experience is because Chad has missed significantly more games. Not really a great thing to point out in a comparison.

Vick is NOT a good teamate, he is not good for his city, he drags people down with false hopes becuase he can run fast...Why because he gave the finger after being boo'd? He lost his composure once. It happens. He's done nothing to show he is a bad teammate. I think that is a very poor assumption. As for the false hope, in cases like yours Chad is guilty of the same exact thing.

This isnt even close

Chad has more yards in 14 less games started...

Chad has more TD's in 14 less games started...

Chad MORE THAN 10% more accurate

YPA

Chad - 7.22

Vick - 6.65

Rating

Chad - 89.3

Vick - 75.7

All of the above is only taking half the story. You have to use the whole picture because Vick is an entirely different QB. To say Chad is better and only use passing stats is like me saying Vick is better and only use the rushing yards and TD's. You have to take the whole thing into consideration, and when you do they are almost exactly the same results wise.

You would have to be blind and just think the name Vick is cool to think he had a better career... Ditto to those who feel Chad did. I'll say it again, both are equally mediocre QB's

See bolded type

Which QB has had the better career?

Career #'s for two QBs (QB-A) and (QB-B)

I bolded the winner in each category, I didnt inlcude playoff records becuase it isnt good for either of them...

Games Started in the NFL

QB A - 53

QB B - 67

Passing Yards

QB A - 11973 (225.9 Per game started avg)

QB B - 11505 (171.7 Per game started avg)

Passing TD's

QB A - 72 (1.36 Per game started avg)

QB B - 71 (1.06 Per game started avg)

Completion %

QB A - 65.1

QB B - 53.8

YPA (yards per attempt)

QB A - 7.22

QB B - 6.65

QB Rating

QB A - 89.3

QB B - 75.7

Rushing Yards

QB A - 364 (6.87 Per game started avg)

QB B - 3859 (57.6 Per game started avg)

Rushing TD's

QB A - 5 (0.09 Per game started avg)

QB B - 21 (0.31 Per game started avg)

Which QB has had the better career?

QB A will get you more yards per game, TD's per game with rushing passing combined, his completions go for more yards, he is mroe accurate, ....

It seems when you take out the obvious BIAS of some people who dislike Chad on here (by taking out the names) that its pretty clear who the better QB is...

Why because he gave the finger after being boo'd? He lost his composure once. It happens. He's done nothing to show he is a bad teammate. I think that is a very poor assumption. As for the false hope, in cases like yours Chad is guilty of the same exact thing.

you realize you're defending him personally now. really? you want to stick up for mike vick as a person??

i guess trent dilfer and big ben have better careers than dan marino then.

That's quite an extreme example.

Vick and Chad are at the same mediocre level. Vick took his team further than Chad did. He also destroyed the same Rams team in the playoffs that beat Chad in a MUST WIN game two weeks prior. It's like choosing between the giant douche and the turd sandwich.

That's quite an extreme example.

Vick and Chad are at the same mediocre level. Vick took his team further than Chad did. He also destroyed the same Rams team in the playoffs that beat Chad in a MUST WIN game two weeks prior. It's like choosing between the giant douche and the turd sandwich.

The rams games was on the D...not Pennington.

It seems when you take out the obvious BIAS of some people who dislike Chad on here (by taking out the names) that its pretty clear who the better QB is...

Not for nothing,but you are the last person who should be calling out others on their personal biases.

I tend to agree with Boozer that they are both mediocre QBs who generally don't stay healthy and don't get the job done,but the question is who's been more successful,and the answer to that is Chad (although not by much).

I think the big difference between the two is expectations. Vick was the #1 overall pick and was supposed to revolutionize the game (and not just its video games). Pennington was #18 overall and was a QB coming out who didn't have the best arm,but made up for it with intelligence and accuracy. Both were supposed to be the future of their franchises,but only one was supposed to be the future of the league.

The rams games was on the D...not Pennington.

Really?

I seem to remember Jon Vilma returning an interception for a touchdown in that game. I'm also almost certain there was a special teams TD too.

I remember when the Jets drove down at the end of regulation and could have won it with a touchdown, but Chad failed to deliver inside the red zone and had a sure interception dropped by Adam Archuletta. We kicked a field goal and lost in overtime.

Really?

I seem to remember Jon Vilma returning an interception for a touchdown in that game. I'm also almost certain there was a special teams TD too.

I remember when the Jets drove down at the end of regulation and could have won it with a touchdown, but Chad failed to deliver inside the red zone and had a sure interception dropped by Adam Archuletta. We kicked a field goal and lost in overtime.

the difference was the Rams were at home playing for a playoff birth, the Falcons were home for their game against the Rams in the playoffs, i mean really, are you just this stupid???

Archived