Thomas Jones to NY blurb out of Chicago Sun Times

SoFlaJets

You can use a starter's pistol to mark the beginning of Thomas Jones trade talk when the Super Bowl ends. The hot rumor is that one of the New York teams is going to make an offer to the Bears -- either the Giants to replace Tiki Barber or the Jets to replace Curtis Martin.

-- Chicago Sun-Times

But can he stay healthy? That's the problem.

He can he has no real problem with health, the reason why he was hurt last season was because he hurt his shoulder during a pre-season game throwing a block, just a freak accident...

all of a sudden 29 is old? I think you can get at least 3 years out of the guy...not that many miles on his tires

Running backs generally break down at 30.

I don't think a 29-year old Thomas Jones is worth a first day pick. He's not anything spectacular to begin with.

Thomas Jones is solid, a decent, under-rated guy that quietly plies his trade.

But he's 29. I do not want to waste a first day pick on a guy that will only help the team for a year, at most, if he doesn't bust altogether. No way.

I agree Troll, even though 29 doesnt sound that old, running backs dont last as long in the NFL. And his prime is dwindling, so if we have to give up a first round pick for him, id rather take my chance with Turner.

Archived