Okay, I'm calling it now, Michael Turner is a Jet in '07

Untouchable

Gainzo will you stfu, I have been agreeing with you all night so far. I'm scaring myself.

I'm a Pats fan but no homer.

madmike is in love with Turners 6 yards per carry last season.

The Cards o-line sucks. The Chargers o-line is pretty good.

Lets do the math...............................

I'm a Pats fan but no homer.

madmike is in love with Turners 6 yards per carry last season.

The Cards o-line sucks. The Chargers o-line is pretty good.

Lets do the math...............................

It's not just last season. It's over his CAREER. What am i supposed to be unimpressed by his career 6YPC?

He can't get any more carries then he's gotten. He's played behind an all time great. You can't hold that against him.

He has also been "fresh" every time he got the football.

Some team will sign Turner to a huge contract and also give a draft pick away.

If Turner has 1300 yards for any team I will concede defeat.

Gainzo - While I'm mildly intrigued by Turner your point about if he was on the Cards is bogus. The Cards are like a Running Back graveyard.

The uncertainty in my mind regarding MT is how much has he benefitted from LT beating up on defenses. Also coaches were creating defenses for LT that MT is like a second thought at that time.

Then again there's always the Priest Holmes-type possibility.

Gainzo - While I'm mildly intrigued by Turner your point about if he was on the Cards is bogus. The Cards are like a Running Back graveyard.

The uncertainty in my mind regarding MT is how much has he benefitted from LT beating up on defenses. Also coaches were creating defenses for LT that MT is like a second thought at that time.

Then again there's always the Priest Holmes-type possibility.

Any backup RB is gonna have those questions about them. You have to take a chance with any one of those type of guys but sometimes it works out big like Holmes as you mentioned..

I don't hold Turner's carries against him, but it makes me think twice about him carrying the load. I know what he did in college, I know what he did with the chargers, but can he do the same thing for the Jets? I would trade our second second round pick for him. If they don't want then they can go to hell.

Greetings to all board members, now to the subject at hand...i think Turner for a second is as good as drafting a running back with one of our seconds...the reality of the situation is that unless we upgrade the O-line and get some road graders that can open up holes to the second tier of the defense, it wont matter who we have in the backfield outside of Leon who can bust open te swing pass

Greetings to all board members, now to the subject at hand...i think Turner for a second is as good as drafting a running back with one of our seconds...the reality of the situation is that unless we upgrade the O-line and get some road graders that can open up holes to the second tier of the defense, it wont matter who we have in the backfield outside of Leon who can bust open te swing pass

welcome Speez-I agree we need some beef up front first and as Denver proved-you can plug even an ex-Marine in there to get you a grand

welcome Speez-I agree we need some beef up front first and as Denver proved-you can plug even an ex-Marine in there to get you a grand

Thanks...and keep in mind for all those that want to use Lamont Jordan for proof of backup to bust theories...Oakland had no Offensive line at all

Ok, if the Jets brass thinks Turner is the real deal Im fine giving up a 2nd round pick. I'd hate to give up that 37th pick overall for a RB. Any chance we deal our second 2nd rounder for Turner?

Also, is anyone besides me concerned that Turner could be the next Lamont Jordan? A great back up who $hits on opposing defenses when they are tired and the backup is fresh?

...They better make a run at Nate Clements. If we gonna overpay for a position, I dont mind it being a #1 CB.

and, whenever the #1 back comes out the D usually plays pass, opening things up further for the change-of-pace.

There's no way Turner becomes a Jet. Washington/Houston are serviceable at the moment. We're looking defense.

What the hell makes Houston serviceable? His career avg of 3.5 yards? The fact he can't catch the ball out of the backfield? Cedric Houston sucks, and belongs on the same unemployment line with Barlow.

Archived