A Mel Kiper Jr. Opinion

KINGDIRK

I justed posted a message to Kiper Jr. during one of his chats.

I cant really tell if he likes the trade for the Jets point of view or not. He says Jones trade was valuable but that they could have taken a RB in Rounds 2 or 3 and gotten similiar production. I disagree. Also, dont want to see them add a WR in Round 1.

Anthony (Brooklyn NY): Mel, Can you comment on the Thomas Jones trade from a Jets point of view? Who will Ganggreen be targeting in Round 1?

Mel Kiper: (1:14 PM ET ) I think in terms of the Jets, keep in mind where they're picking. They're later in the first round. I didn't have them picking a RB in the projection a month ago. There is no RB for them to take. That's why the Jones trade was so valuable for the Jets, because there won't be a RB there for them to take. I think you can get a RB in rounds 2, 3, 4 that can give you what Jones can. Brandon Jackson from Nebraska, Antonio Pittman has a lot of talent. There are some good RBs that will be around in the late Day 1, early Day 2. The Jets still need a WR, CB or a 3-4 DE.

I cant really tell if he likes the trade for the Jets point of view or not. He says Jones trade was valuable but that they could have taken a RB in Rounds 2 or 3 and gotten similiar production. I disagree. Also, dont want to see them add a WR in Round 1.

Anthony (Brooklyn NY): Mel, Can you comment on the Thomas Jones trade from a Jets point of view? Who will Ganggreen be targeting in Round 1?

Mel Kiper: (1:14 PM ET ) I think in terms of the Jets, keep in mind where they're picking. They're later in the first round. I didn't have them picking a RB in the projection a month ago. There is no RB for them to take. That's why the Jones trade was so valuable for the Jets, because there won't be a RB there for them to take. I think you can get a RB in rounds 2, 3, 4 that can give you what Jones can. Brandon Jackson from Nebraska, Antonio Pittman has a lot of talent. There are some good RBs that will be around in the late Day 1, early Day 2. The Jets still need a WR, CB or a 3-4 DE.

He really doesn't know his jets... A WR??? and OLine is a huge need that he dosn't even mention.

This is one thing I dont get from a lot of these guys... sure it would be nice to add players at every spot... but to claim WR is a "NEED" is just wrong.

He really doesn't know his jets... A WR??? and OLine is a huge need that he dosn't even mention.

I don't understand how everyone is so hung up about this O-line situation. We lost Anthony Clement... Is that going to drastically change the Offensive Line? Problably not and the line will organically improve based on our two 1st round picks last year having a years worth of experience under their belts.

Can we afford to pick up a piece through the draft or FA yes but we don't need to spend a 1st day pick on one and it is not one of the Jets biggest needs.

Kiper knows his college players and is a good talent evaluator, but sometimes it seems like he knows nothing about teams and their needs. How he thinks one of the Jets main needs is a WR is beyond me.

If he had said the Jets might pick a wr based on the number of talented wr available it would have made sense. To call it a need is a joke.

Archived