What does Chad need.....

MTJ06

in order for us to base his performance solely on what he does. I know alot of you will say the qbs performance is based upon those around him as the offense plays as a unit. If someone here posted that the OL played like crap in a game because Chad was sacked 5 times, most of the posts would agree and say stuff like "man DBrick and Clement looked like turnstiles today", however if Chad throws 3 ints in a game and the O gets shutout and someone says Chad played like crap we immediately get responses like "no way it wasnt Chad Miller didnt get us good enough field position on his returns, the OL didnt block a lick today, the backs werent running and the receivers werent catching and dont even get me started on the TEs, it wasnt Chads fault at all."

So back to my point what does our O need in order for us to base Chads performance solely on Chad. There are many here who dont feel our offense is set and some here who do. Every team has weakness at some position on their O, and many put up lost of points anyway. You cant have probowlers everywhere.

So Can Chad do it with the Offense the way it is, and will we be able to base his performance on what he does, or do we need to have M Faulk at RB, Harrison and Rice at WR, Anthony munoz x 5 on the OL, and Kellen Winslow at TE in order for us to say Chad had a bad game?

Really? He had 300 yards and a TD in the wildcard game with no run D and no running game....

ecurb, dont avoid the question answer it. Do the Jets have enough on Offense at this time that if Chad goes out and throws several ints in a game, plays bad in general and the Jets lose that we can say Chad played terribly today and cost us the game without you going into a posting tizzy about how it wasnt Chads fault?

ecurb, dont avoid the question answer it. Do the Jets have enough on Offense at this time that if Chad goes out and throws several ints in a game, plays bad in general and the Jets lose that we can say Chad played terribly today and cost us the game without you going into a posting tizzy about how it wasnt Chads fault?

You can never pin all the blame on ONE player, its ignorant and stupid.

Chad makes mistakes, as does the rest of the offense. Every unit be it the Oline, WR, QB, RB will all have their good and bad days... its up to the people who arent having a bad day to step up and help out.

Our whole offense was playing like crap on cristmas day in miami... Chad and others stepped up their play and got the job done... Chad made some good throws, leon had that great run after the catch, and the Oline stepped it up against a very tough D.

If Chad throws an INT and we lose, sure it didnt help but its not like he is the only guy out there... same thing goes though if Dbrick misses a block, chad is sacked and loses the ball, its not his direct fault we lost..

To blame it on one player is silly, and to pick apart play by play is silly... its a long season, you have to learn to take the good and bad from all players, nobody is perfect.

Let's rephrase the question.

What do the "JETS" need to continue their upward climb.

A faster more physical Defensive

A Physical OL to control the Line of Scrimmage.

Put those pieces in place and they can contend for a Super Bowl with Chad, Clemens, Browning Nagle or Barton at QB.

Listen, all he needs:

is a deep threat at WR (like Santana Moss or Jonathan Carter)

a running back to reply on (like a Curtis Martin)

a really good defense (like the 2000 ravens)

a dependable receiving tight end (can we trade for Gates or Gonzalez?)

an Oline that will give him time in the pocket (like had in 2002 thru 2004 and 2006)

Oh yeah and maybe he just needs to work on his mechanics alittle.

You can never pin all the blame on ONE player, its ignorant and stupid.

Chad makes mistakes, as does the rest of the offense. Every unit be it the Oline, WR, QB, RB will all have their good and bad days... its up to the people who arent having a bad day to step up and help out.

To blame it on one player is silly, and to pick apart play by play is silly... its a long season, you have to learn to take the good and bad from all players, nobody is perfect.

ecurb

Thats the first time Ive seen you admit to that. I am not saying we should place all the blame on 1 player, but you typically dont allow anyone to place any of the blame on Chad.

ecurb

Thats the first time Ive seen you admit to that. I am not saying we should place all the blame on 1 player, but you typically dont allow anyone to place any of the blame on Chad.

I usually cant becuase people become so polar opposite on message baords if I show any sway whatsoever I will get jumped on... Im not crazy, I played football, I coach football, I know football.... I know what Chad does, and what he does bad... When its all said and done I think he is a damn good QB... we will all find out in about 6 months exactly how good.... he has the perfect shot to come back strong in 07' and prove everyone wrong...

I usually cant becuase people become so polar opposite on message baords if I show any sway whatsoever I will get jumped on... Im not crazy, I played football, I coach football, I know football.... I know what Chad does, and what he does bad... When its all said and done I think he is a damn good QB... we will all find out in about 6 months exactly how good.... he has the perfect shot to come back strong in 07' and prove everyone wrong...

It is called being honest and realistic.

As much smoke as you blow up his ass...you think you are his agent.

Chad Needs

#1 a replacement

#2 to be cut

#3 -if none of the above... the top 5 Offensive lineman in the NFL top RB FB....and Top 3 WR in NFL!

CHad needs al the help he can get..lol

but if he does great this season!...illprobably like him alot!

A huge part of what he needs has just been acquired in the likes of Thomas Jones. Pennington is the premier play action QB in the NFL..thats the fact. Well when that fake goes to Thomas Jones those LB's and DL' guys HAVE got to respect that and hesitate to see if it's run. That's all the room you need in the NFL to complete a pass..one second of hesitation by the defense. Chad can wing it on a fade route to keep everyone honest. What is the NFL completion rate for passes over 30 yds??..I don't know but I imagine pretty low. We play a controled passing game. Our offense is going to be much more effective for two reasons. !. The players know it so we aren't learning it. 2. Thomas Jones is a premier NFL running back..Go Jets!

Archived