For Madmike1:Will the jets select an Olinemen with the 25th?

TNJet

oline in first rd?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. oline in first rd?

• hell no,they wont
    • oh yeah they will

Hell no quit whining about it...well see man even if Blalock or Grubbs are there there will be NO OLINEMEN SELECTED AT 25.We will most defenately select defense anyway,that is our weakest positions.There will be a better chance of us taking Revis,Ross,Jarrett,or Meachem than linemen in rd one.

Hell no quit whining about it...well see man even if Blalock or Grubbs are there there will be NO OLINEMEN SELECTED AT 25.We will most defenately select defense anyway,that is our weakest positions.There will be a better chance of us taking Revis,Ross,Jarrett,or Meachem than linemen in rd one.

DUMP

Oh, wait...

It isn't a guarantee that Blalock will be there at 25. A bunch of teams need O-line help and this year's draft isn't as deep at the O-line positions as last year's draft was. This won't be like last year's draft where you can get quality O-line players all the way into the 5th round.

With two second round picks and plenty of excellent Guard prospects out there there is little chance the Jets will pick an O-lineman in the first round.

I agree. I could see the JEts sliding back a few spots to pick one too. But not at 25.

What's your problem. OG is something we need an upgrade on, if Blalock is up there why not select him ?

If Mangini follows the "Patriots" mold, then he won't use a first rounder on a cornerback. Unless they go with the BPA (probably a wide receiver) or Carriker or Moss somehow slip then I don't see any reason not to take Blalock. He's going to be a great one, and don't forget that we still need 3/5 of an offensive line.

If Mangini follows the "Patriots" mold, then he won't use a first rounder on a cornerback. Unless they go with the BPA (probably a wide receiver) or Carriker or Moss somehow slip then I don't see any reason not to take Blalock. He's going to be a great one, and don't forget that we still need 3/5 of an offensive line.

The Chiefs had a great offense based on three great linemen for a long time. That's a pretty good mold to follow.

With all the defensive signings, i think tangini will tough it out with what we have on D.

I wonder what number will look best on Mr. Blalock?

I mentioned this in another topic and I think its relevant here too...

I don't think these signings rule out anything in the draft. Of all the defensive ends and LBs we've signed none of them really seem to be gauranteed starters. The only one getting starters money is Coleman.

I think the Jets are just doing what they said they would, making sure there aren't really any glaring needs so they won't be forced to reach and can pick BPA on their board.

I think they'll pick BPA at any need they feel they have. So, while I'm not ruling out Blalock, I don't think he'll be BPA at 25 so I doubt he's the pick at this point.

What's your problem. OG is something we need an upgrade on, if Blalock is up there why not select him ?

IMO, the reason not to take Blalock is because the Jets might be able to upgrade another position of need in the first round and then nab a really good Guard prospect ilater on the first day of the draft. There are several guys out there who don't grade much worse than Blalock.

Again, the question is whether you'd rather have, say, an excellent CB prospect and a very good Guard prospect or Blalock and a lesser CB prospect. I'd rather have the former combo, as I think the dropoff at CB is much greater than the dropoff from Blalock to the next set of Guards.

I have alot of faith in Mangini so if he picks Blalock I will believe that it was the best thing to do (more or less). I just dont think he'll do it.

Somebody said the Cheifs had a great offensive line and some great running backs.. And a coach who took 2 different teams to super bowls and one a super bowl with the Rams.

that's a nice theory except for the fact the Chiefs never even made it out of the divisional round and while there offense and special teams were great, the defense stunk.

It's nice to follow a mold, but the Jets defense stunk last year, plain and simple. Yeah a few role players here and there are great, but the defense does not have any smack somebody in the mouth type of players like the Patriots had when they won their super bowls. There are some nice players on the Jes Defense, but so far, the defense isn't all that different than last year. Role players are great if you have a couple of really good or great players. Right now the jets have some good players and some avg players on defense, nothing more.

Somebody said the Cheifs had a great offensive line and some great running backs.. And a coach who took 2 different teams to super bowls and one a super bowl with the Rams.

that's a nice theory except for the fact the Chiefs never even made it out of the divisional round and while there offense and special teams were great, the defense stunk.

It's nice to follow a mold, but the Jets defense stunk last year, plain and simple. Yeah a few role players here and there are great, but the defense does not have any smack somebody in the mouth type of players like the Patriots had when they won their super bowls. There are some nice players on the Jes Defense, but so far, the defense isn't all that different than last year. Role players are great if you have a couple of really good or great players. Right now the jets have some good players and some avg players on defense, nothing more.

In me mentioning the Chiefs, I am saying they have been a highly competetive team for a long time. Vermiel had a tendancy to neglect his defense, so in that regard I don't like their format. What i do like is there offense is always good, and its based around 3, maybe 4 positions. The Jets are close to having 3 to 4 very good offensive players (2 being on the O-line).

With the way Mangini can turn Troy Brown into a CB that makes plays, I believe he can do the same for Justin Miller (CB being a glaring need). A lot of guys here want Linebackers, or D-linemen, if there is a good one that slides that far, then by all means draft them. IMO, Blalock is going to be a great gaurd, and is a great player at #25.

My only issue with an OL is that last year they took 2 OL in the first round. Mangold was great and looks like he will turn out to be a great OL in this league.

Dbrick looked avg most of the time. He sure didn't look like he was worth the 4th pick in the draft. He might improve, he might not. Who knows.

So maybe this kid Blaylock will be a stud. But nobody knows that for sure and if in a few years they are a team that took 3 offensive linemen in the first round and only 1 (Mangold) turns out to be darn good or great, it's not anything to brag about.

My only issue with an OL is that last year they took 2 OL in the first round. Mangold was great and looks like he will turn out to be a great OL in this league.

Dbrick looked avg most of the time. He sure didn't look like he was worth the 4th pick in the draft. He might improve, he might not. Who knows.

So maybe this kid Blaylock will be a stud. But nobody knows that for sure and if in a few years they are a team that took 3 offensive linemen in the first round and only 1 (Mangold) turns out to be darn good or great, it's not anything to brag about.

You can say that about any position, in any draft.

IMO, the reason not to take Blalock is because the Jets might be able to upgrade another position of need in the first round and then nab a really good Guard prospect ilater on the first day of the draft. There are several guys out there who don't grade much worse than Blalock.

Again, the question is whether you'd rather have, say, an excellent CB prospect and a very good Guard prospect or Blalock and a lesser CB prospect. I'd rather have the former combo, as I think the dropoff at CB is much greater than the dropoff from Blalock to the next set of Guards.

I have alot of faith in Mangini so if he picks Blalock I will believe that it was the best thing to do (more or less). I just dont think he'll do it.

I get what your saying. He thinks taking a OG is very wrong, it's not. Taking a CB would not be wrong neither. He made it seem diffrent. I get what your saying tho.

with the jets picking at #25.they will go with the best available player.new england did it that way and were very successful.the guard position has very talented players in the first three rounds.so the jets have that option of drafting a guard or two guards in the first three rounds where they have for picks.for example

1-blalock

3-ramirez

and withtheir two second round choices they can go defense.

with the jets picking at #25.they will go with the best available player.new england did it that way and were very successful.the guard position has very talented players in the first three rounds.so the jets have that option of drafting a guard or two guards in the first three rounds where they have for picks.for example

1-blalock

3-ramirez

and withtheir two second round choices they can go defense.

agree 100%

blalock is not even the best guard in this draft, ben grubbs is. so please get off his bandwagon. if revis or olsen or any other elite player is available we will take them. otherwise we will trade up or down depending on who we want. no need to reach for anybody

Grubbs is the best guard just like Kendall is a "solid performer."

yeah... because 25 is such an elite spot to be picking???

i voted yes but the truth is i wanted to vote somewhere in the middle - they could?

For a guard in a draft where three are all projected to be about the same and on the board at 25, yes 25 is too high.

Archived