Bronson Arroyo

haggis

I said last year that this kid has some great stuff, and now I'm following up to say this kid is a true LEGIT starting pitcher. He pitched a 3 hitter tonight and errors and weak offence made this game tighter than it should have been. Arroyo is unbeaten now since August 04. He is cool, calm, collected, and a cool sh!t.

Gotta love a guy that pitches in a game and then joins a rock band on stage later that same night.

Arroyo is quality.

I agree with 124. Arroyo has really impressed me ever since last year's ASB up to and including tonight. He has all the tools of being a future ace of this club.

I certainly hope all the talk of BA going to the bullpen once Miller, Schilling, and Wells are back.

They can eat David Wells salary (no pun intended) for all I care!!!

Gotta love a guy that pitches in a game and then joins a rock band on stage later that same night.

Arroyo is quality.

SJ- Just read an article on BA's musical talents in Sports Weekly. I guess he's not just another famous guy on open mic night. Sounds like he's got some real talent. Have you heard any of his stuff?

SJ- Just read an article on BA's musical talents in Sports Weekly. I guess he's not just another famous guy on open mic night. Sounds like he's got some real talent. Have you heard any of his stuff?

Just some clips of him jamming onstage with some rock band that NESN show once in a while. I guess he plays guitar and sings. I forget the name of the band, but they had a show in Boston one night and Arroyo joined them onstage after a game at Fenway.

I agree with 124. Arroyo has really impressed me ever since last year's ASB up to and including tonight. He has all the tools of being a future ace of this club.

I certainly hope all the talk of BA going to the bullpen once Miller, Schilling, and Wells are back.

We seem to agree lot man, even though I'm a Yankee fan, but hey, we both are Jets fans. :wink:

But yes, Arroyo is a future star, Wells was a waste of $.

Wells is a big game pitcher...you will see.

But then again you cancelled the Yankee season along with RSeymour after 20 games.

I must say...I am salivating over the lowly Cubs trials and tribulations in 2005 and its mainly because youre such a complete cornhole! You've given me a reason to give a rats ass about the National League (i.e. the JV League)

Hawkins cant blow enough leads for me...They cant get swept by the Brewers enough times...Dempster cant suck hard enough...St Louis cant run away with the NL Central fast enough...Kerry Wood cant be hurt enough...Nomar cant be out long enough for me!!!

All I need now is for Derek Lee to tear a kneee ligament and we're talking!

the whole crowbar/Nomar's junk line was good and all...but you didnt know me then and obviously we (Red Sox Nation) hated Mr. Hamm and wanted him gone ever since he sat out -vs-NYY and Jeter dove facefirst into some dude's lap during the game...

...which is Jetes' usual postgame activity...

At any rate, I definately wanted him gone by 2004 but I hated the trade initially because it seemed like we got 3 players who sucked in return so then I began to cry about not getting value for Mr. Hamm.

After, oh, about a week, my cries turned to tears of joy for my new SS, and all lived happily ever after except Yankee fans (obviously) and lame Cubs fans (Not only does the baseball's oldest Curse live on but youre now stuck with Mr. Hamm who brings a long, never-ending malaise to your team during his tenure)

Wells was a big game pitcher-no more.

Sucked in game 7 in the 2003 ALCS as a reliever.

Sucked vs. the Angels in 2002.

Sh!t the bed in the 2003 World Series vs. the Marlins. Torre torching his bullpen to make up for it(and he really had no other choice) probably cost the Yankees the title.

The Sawx rationale behind this signing made sense-lefty, rubber arm, throws strikes, wants to get back at the Yanks. But physically, he's old and out of shape. But Wells has lived off his repuation for a while.

Simple quesion-what's the deal with Bronson changing his name from Brandon? Guy has a perfectly fine first name Mr.a nd Mrs. Arroyo gave him. And then decides to change it to some lame-ass Charles Bronson-inspired stage name? The password is G A Y.

Wells was a big game pitcher-no more.

Sucked in game 7 in the 2003 ALCS as a reliever.

Sucked vs. the Angels in 2002.

Sh!t the bed in the 2003 World Series vs. the Marlins. Torre torching his bullpen to make up for it(and he really had no other choice) probably cost the Yankees the title.

The Sawx rationale behind this signing made sense-lefty, rubber arm, throws strikes, wants to get back at the Yanks. But physically, he's old and out of shape. But Wells has lived off his repuation for a while.

Simple quesion-what's the deal with Bronson changing his name from Brandon? Guy has a perfectly fine first name Mr.a nd Mrs. Arroyo gave him. And then decides to change it to some lame-a$$ Charles Bronson-inspired stage name? The password is G A Y.

I didnt HATE the Wells signing per se though I hate Wells as a pitcher and as a person!

I think all contracts in all sports should be 100% incentives laden and voidable upon horrific performance. And Wells at worst is a crippled, geriatric failure who cant get it done anymore! At best, he is a double digit winner who can keep you in nearly every start, go 6+ innings, and provide a good chance to win with him on the mound. He is probably somewhere in the middle of that right now, but at worst, he doesnt cost us much!

the whole crowbar/Nomar's junk line was good and all...but you didnt know me then and obviously we (Red Sox Nation) hated Mr. Hamm and wanted him gone ever since he sat out -vs-NYY and Jeter dove facefirst into some dude's lap during the game...

...which is Jetes' usual postgame activity...

At any rate, I definately wanted him gone by 2004 but I hated the trade initially because it seemed like we got 3 players who sucked in return so then I began to cry about not getting value for Mr. Hamm.

After, oh, about a week, my cries turned to tears of joy for my new SS, and all lived happily ever after except Yankee fans (obviously) and lame Cubs fans (Not only does the baseball's oldest Curse live on but youre now stuck with Mr. Hamm who brings a long, never-ending malaise to your team during his tenure)

Oh, my mistake...so you were able to pry yourself free about two months before Nomar was traded. Congrats on that, but it still doesn't wipe away the seven years of Nomar ball washing you performed.

Saying a team can't win with Nomar is ridiculous. So, I guess it wasn't Grady Little and Aaron Boone's fault after all? It HAD to have been Nomar, right?

The Cubs didn't lose in 2003 because of that eight inning collapse...we lost because of that damn Randall Simon!!!!!

I didnt say you cant win with Nomar...its just VIRTUALLY impossible. Aside from being the most aloof athlete in the history of baseball, he also is injury prone as of late.

I'm not gonna say it was steroids that caused these nagging injuries because I dont care anough about Mr. Hamm to look up his physical composition from a few years back...

As far as I'm concerned that is your problem now, unfortunate Cubs fan. But I will say this:

the losing season of 2003 was as much Nomar's fault as it was Pedro's and Grady's. From Labor Day on...Nomie had about 3 untimely hits sporadically placed.

I couldnt be happier he is gone, honestly. I'm not sure why youre painting me as some Nomar ball-washer!?! You could pick any one of the following:

Ortiz, Big Schill, Wakefield, Manny, Johnny, and Trot, Mueller

...and accurately paint me as a ball-washing homer. Nomar??? I guess because youre a Cubs fan and it paints me as some kind of hypocrite for dissing the Cubs!?! I'll be honest, I couldnt care less about the Cubs or anything related to the city of Chicago. I just enjoy watching you feel pain because I think youre an asswipe!

One ring doesn't erase 86 years of sucking.

Don't ever forget that, you dumb bastard.

Troll you ******* retard

Stop messing with my good luck charm

I'm tellin' ya...I'll throw down if another disparaging word is said about our new rabbits foot!!

Archived