Bledsoe announces retirement

jales22

NFL | Bledsoe announces retirement

Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:22:03 -0700

Dave Buchanan, of WGR550 Sports Radio, reports former Dallas Cowboys QB Drew Bledsoe has announced his retirement from the NFL after 15 years in the league. He played nine seasons with the New England Patriots before being traded to the Bills in 2002 for a first round pick.

:rl: yeah but vinny is like 50 years old now.what does that say about drew?

I don't get what your trying to say. There both 50..its not saying anything about any of them..

The point is if I had to call some old guy off the sofa it would be Vinny..

i heard instead of erecting a statute of him in foxboro they're just going to pay him to stand still in front of the will call window during home games since that's what he does best.

lol, that guy was a joke the last 5 years of his career. Big arm, no legs, he sucked.

I loved watching him earlier this year in dallas just getting blasted by backers. lol

lol, that guy was a joke the last 5 years of his career. Big arm, no legs, he sucked.

I loved watching him earlier this year in dallas just getting blasted by backers. lol

the low all-time low point of his career was that j.p losman took over his job. woooooooooooooooooof. so long drew, enjoy that superbowl ring that tom brady gave u when u were holding a clip board

Thank for the memories Drew.

Drew, Parcells (even though I hate that prick) and Kraft saved the Patriots from certain exile in St. Louis.

I have the utmost respect for Drew and what he did for the Pats.

When he was traded to the Bills he took out full page ads in the Boston Herald and Boston Globe thanking the Pats fans for their support over the years.

That was a classy move.

On the flipside he was a guy with great natural talent that never put in the work in the off-season or anywhere else to make himself great.

He could have been great. Only he can tell you why he didn't put in the work to make himself excellent.

Drew, Parcells (even though I hate that prick) and Kraft saved the Patriots from certain exile in St. Louis.

I have the utmost respect for Drew and what he did for the Pats.

When he was traded to the Bills he took out full page ads in the Boston Herald and Boston Globe thanking the Pats fans for their support over the years.

That was a classy move.

On the flipside he was a guy with great natural talent that never put in the work in the off-season or anywhere else to make himself great.

He could have been great. Only he can tell you why he didn't put in the work to make himself excellent.

It was Kraft and Parcells who saved NE. Drew was never a great QB, he had 2 or 3 good seasons but never great and he killed them in the SB after Curtis and the D carried them to the SB. I agree Drew was classy but it wasn't a coinicedence that NE was 5-11 in 2000 and startd 0-2 in '01 w/ Drew then took off w/ Brady after Drew got hurt. Drew always wanted the big play and always took the bad sack or threw the bad INT.

And now the NFL loses another one of my favorite all-time Quarterbacks. Good career Drew, your leadership, confidence, loyalty and strong arm will be missed.

All that was missing for him for the passed five years. Except the strong arm, but since the NFL made that rule that you are "down" when you are laying on your back, i guess his arm wasn't that much of a factor.

It was Kraft and Parcells who saved NE. Drew was never a great QB, he had 2 or 3 good seasons but never great and he killed them in the SB after Curtis and the D carried them to the SB. I agree Drew was classy but it wasn't a coinicedence that NE was 5-11 in 2000 and startd 0-2 in '01 w/ Drew then took off w/ Brady after Drew got hurt. Drew always wanted the big play and always took the bad sack or threw the bad INT.

Wrong.

Drew, while never being great, was a big reason why the Pats got back on track.

He made us Pats fans get excited about football again. Before Drew and Tuna arrived I would go to the Stadium expecting the Pats to get killed.

When Drew was the QB I at least thought that the Pats had a chance.

Wrong.

He made us Pats fans get excited about football again. Before Drew and Tuna arrived I would go to the Stadium expecting the Pats to get killed.

Yeah, since him you guys never had a QB you could be confident in....

wait...

Wrong.

Drew was a medicore QB 95% of his career, he had 2 good years in '96 & '97 and he was abysmal in the '96 playoffs. Drew brought excitement to NE b/c he was the #1 overall pick but he never played up to being a #1 overall pick and if it was up to Drew he would still be the QB of the Pats and you wouldn't have 1 Championship.

drew wasn't the reason you had a chance, Parcells was.

Archived