4-8 in a "crucial stretch"

shawn306

At the start of this 12 game stretch I asked if the Yanks go 4-8 would you fire Joe Torre ?

Well I have made my decision...

As much as I hate to do it. I would have to let him go.

At some point in EVERY manager's career, for whatever reason things stop working. The Yanks have reached that point now and it is time to make a change.

Man I can't believe I'm typing this.

For whatever reason this team just isn't answering the call. Yesterday and today were great examples. They are not hitting, the bullpen is still a mess and even now in the ballpark you can sense the fans frustration. Even when they were up you could sense the "deadness" to the crowd almost waiting for the roof to cave in on them again.

Last season's post season debacle against the Tigers has carried over into this season. With all the "bats" we have there have been incredible stretches where they go into slumps at the same time. I can see one guy maybe too having tough stretches but when 4 or 5 guys go in the tank on a consistant basis like 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 something isn't right.

Maybe this team needs another voice to be heard. Torre has been there 11 years. Other than Bobby Cox I don't think anyone currently has been with the same team for that long a stretch.

I will always enjoy the "run" He will be in the HOF someday but it is time to move on and get someone in here that can light a fire under this group.

At least you have the past that you can clutchingly hold on to.

Hug her like a whore.

better than the nothing most other teams have., to a yankee fan missing the playoffs and losing in the world series is the same thing.

Agree. He won his rings...which is more than the fans of the 2 other teams here can say about their franchises in the last 15 years. It's now time to go.

So MLB began 15 seasons ago :confused: . Exact type of fan that gives the rest of Yankees base a bad name. Deflect pain of current problems by taking a swipe at other teams.

I didn't see the game today but I saw highlights and Proctor just is not the same this season, obviously. He really blew it today on a rare day where Mussina actually pitched well enough to earn a W. Torre is making some stupid decisions from the games I've seen recently and I agree that it may be time for him to go. He is gone at the end of the season unless this team pulls a great turnaround. Girardi should be next in line though, not Mattingly.

Agree. He won his rings...which is more than the fans of the 2 other teams here can say about their franchises in the last 15 years. It's now time to go.

Hug her like a whore.

hahaha

POTW nominee

Hug her like a whore.

How many more anniversaries will the Muts keep having for the 86 team ? I know it will be quite some time till you win another one. I just think it may be time to let those players rest in rehab , in peace.

How many more anniversaries will the Muts keep having for the 86 team ? I know it will be quite some time till you win another one. I just think it may be time to let those players rest in rehab , in peace.

this is actuallyt getting sad..

No one disputes the great Yankee teams of PAST,,

But why is that part of discussion when discussiong current state of AL and NL.

Nothing.

Just discuss current Yank team vs other current teams in discussion.

If its a greatest teams of past thread then go for it,,but show some balls and state the obvious without deflecting some past teams and players that wont be helping you now,,

Archived