White doesn't make it back in time for Titans' OTAs

ECURB

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2886054

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans running back LenDale White did not make it back in time for Tuesday's organized team workouts, leaving coach Jeff Fisher unclear about White's whereabouts.

"Everybody else managed to make it back," Fisher said. "He didn't, so I don't know, I guess he had things that are more important to him than what we're doing. I would assume he would be back at some point today."

White, a second-round pick from Southern California last season, has had other issues this offseason, reporting for the Titans' offseason program at approximately 260 pounds, then suffering a hamstring injury.

Fisher said he had not spoken directly to White but did receive a telephone message from the running back about his absence saying he had flight problems.

White is expected to compete with second-round pick Chris Henry for the starting running back job.

"He'll get on the field eventually. I just hope it's not going to be too late," Fisher said.

"I've been on record with being disappointed with him right now. I hope to have him back on the practice field Thursday. But again, everybody else was here, he wasn't. I'm anxious to hear what kind of excuse he has."

How can people with that much potential blow it all. If I had an eighth of what these players have, I wouldn't be downing the extra Cheesy Gordita Crnch and Travel Size Mountain Dew. Fat piece of crap, I hope he gets a job at McDonalds, in Siberia. Friggen bitch, he is lower than Ricky Williams in my opinion.

How can people with that much potential blow it all. If I had an eighth of what these players have, I wouldn't be downing the extra Cheesy Gordita Crnch and Travel Size Mountain Dew. Fat piece of crap, I hope he gets a job at McDonalds, in Siberia. Friggen bitch, he is lower than Ricky Williams in my opinion.

I don't know, I guess they just don't realize how hard work is for the rest of us. All their lives they've excelled past other people just on talent alone, finally at the NFL level that isn't enough, and they don't realize how hard the average working person works, so they just waste it. Wait until he has to get a job bagging groceries for a living, but by then it will probably be too late for him.

I've heard several reports on different Jets boards that he's been seen partying it up likes there's no tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if his absence was due to some calender miscalculations.... the kind that come after a good binge. Vick and his congressman know what I'm talking about.

You are who you are..This guys character was a massive question mark coming out of USC. The reason he dropped like a rock in the draft. No one tell me character doesn't count. People rarely change, some can for awhile but you always revert back to who you are eventually unless you have an incredible will.LW appears to be someone who doesn't care and will throw away the gifts he has because of CHARACTER flaws. He is either unwilling to see or unaware of the slippery slope is is on now.

Archived