"keep up the quality posts, we have a POTW competition every week!!" Edition of Post

gg

-----

Originally Posted by Thor99

I nominate that for least deserving POTW nom ever.

Originally Posted by Bob

I'm not sure it's the worst, but it's in the conversation.

Poor Beans.

(Editor's Note: ) make that poooor gg, this week.,

-----

Topic: Get Out of Banned Free Card

Originally Posted by 124

The facts are, you were and still are a newb, when TX was banned and since he has been. You did not know him like most us.

Congrats that you like Alk and Gainzo, I like them too, Gainzo is a very good friend of mine. What about Garb? PKFISH? You don't like them? Why? They're not bad people. Garb is another person I really like.

TX was not an *******. He knew his Football and if people actually sat back sometimes on this message board before making rash decisions, they would realize the "crap" he spewed for years, is the same crap that we spew now about Herman Edwards and James Chadwick Pennington, when we were all caught up in the light from 2002-2004.

I admit, in the beginning I was 50/50 on TX being banned, now I don't like it at all in seeing some of the newer posters this board has had come in, not including yourself ecurb.

Bottom line is, TX was not a bad person, he knew his Football and he wasn't liked because once in a while he'd make an a$$hole remark and because he was a Patriots fan.

Period.

(Editor's Note: ) I think the free tx campaign will be on the supreme court docket in 2009.

-----

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/images/smilies/rl.gif potw

Originally Posted by Smizzy

I'm revoking your POTW NOM posting privileges.

(The Nomination: "potw now" - johnny green balls)

(Editor's Note: ) sorry jgb… what smizzy says, goes… no soup for you!

-----

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

What is the going rate on a round trip on a propeller plane from Pigsknuckle,KS to Orlando,FL going for these days?

Originally Posted by Alk

Hell if I know, all we have here are cropdusters and I don't think they have that kind of range.

(Editor's Note: ) abodo crush cropdusters!

-----

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

http://www.tbnl.net/alkcropduster.gif

(Editor's Note: ) that cracked me up!

-----

Originally Posted by Green DNA

I say bring back joewilly!!! Now!!!

Uhh, save this until tomorrow, turns out Max hasn't broken the news to him yet.

Originally Posted by faba

Bring back the funny joewilly while you are at it.

(Editor's Note: ) poor jw.. he has been out of sorts since he never figured out the fake grass thing… or was that dna? :lol:

-----

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

Doesn't the Sears trophy award the best program through a number analysis of all sport rankings?

Anybody know where the current Sears trophy standings are?

Originally Posted by joewilly

they're on aisle 12 next to the garage door openers I think

(Editor's Note: ) but they don’t have bluelight specials at sears….

-----

Originally Posted by green_blood

Whats wrong with being Mormon, jackass. Day in, day out, you prove your immaturity(FIND OTHER SUBJECTS THAN CHAD) and just plain out piss me off. Wow, he is a Mormon, big ****ing deal, what the hell have you done with your life, I highly doubt you got drafted in the 2nd round and threw the fastest ball at the combine. At least mormons are dedicated, hard working people who can also claim in having the only purely American faith. I am not religious, but I have respect for these people, and it is people like YOU that prevent progress in America.

Originally Posted by The Troll

Damn, dude, calm down.

Having trouble with the wives or something?

(Editor's Note: ) hey does that mean if I convert.. I can pick up another husband or two?

-----

Originally Posted by Arsis

Max I think your bot is broken. Those first four links lead nowhere.

When have the Cubs ever lead to anywhere?

(Editor's Note: ) um… troll .. I think arsis was talking about something entirely different and frankly NSFW. OY!

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

I agree and it will be someone on this list.

Max's most wanted list:

Alk

Boozer76

Garb

greengal

Jetsfan80

joebabyny

shawn306

Verde

NJ

Bill Parcells

Originally Posted by Boozer76

Get my name off that list, I have pledged my allegiance to Max. I still can't walk right.

(Editor's Note: ) you know .. these ae the moments when it is great to be a woman at JN…!

-----

Originally Posted by 124

You've been a member since October, you havn't known TX as long as all of us. See, that was the problem. A lot of newbies who didn't know him within a few weeks hated the guy but if you gave him a chance and actually listened to him, minus seeing the PATS in his username, you would see the guy had more of a clue about Football then at least 75% of the posters that are on this message board today.

Originally Posted by GimmeShelter

Rubbish. This has always been the lamest TX argument going. "When he wants to he can really talk football". When my dog wants to he will wait till he's outside to take a crap. Too bad he often doesn't want to.

I also always love how the 75% of posters TX supposedly knows more football than probably never includes the poster writing such garbage. Too many suffer from stockholm syndrome when it comes to TX.

(Editor's Note: ) just call me patty hearst!

-----

Some people just hate going to funerals...

Originally Posted by KSJets

I'm one of those people. I hate going to them. I prefer to have the last image I remember of them being alive doing something they enjoyed as opposed to them being motionless in a casket.

thanks & please go stand in the scumbag line. careful though, ecurb stepped in horse$hit on his way over there

(Editor's Note: ) I stepped in dog poo the other day… for the first time in years… it was yucky.

-----

help please. i'm doin a thesis on cause & effect of likeability over difference of opinion.

I need the ratio of good rep to neg rep for the duration of this thread. thanks

Originally Posted by Alk

I haven't left any negative rep but it's still early. Keep running your trap f#cker.

(The Nomination: ":rofl" potw nom along with some neg rep for my friend alk" - joewilly)

(Editor's Note: ) watch it with that language alk.. or I will wash it out with soap!

-----

RUNNER UP POTW SPONSERED BY THE STILL BANNED TX!

Originally Posted by joebabyny

I tried match years ago as a social experiment..

Originally Posted by Verde

Is "social experiment" code for "I was a nerd and couldn't find a date the traditional ways"? lol

(Editor's Note: ) zinggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!

-----

Perceived!!?? Do you really think anyone is going to remember whether or not he attended Marquise Hill's funeral in a year?

thanks for takin over boozer, frankly i'm exhausted & only got 1 stinkin potw

(The Nomination: "POTW Nom! ;)" -KSJets)

(Editor's Note: ) it’s a hard knock life, jw.

-----

Man everyone can always count on you to have their back. Thanks ShoBilly!

:)

hey booz did you notice the ****stirrers left this thread about 4 pages ago & left us to clean up after them? plus I almost got beat up by one of our own in the process, not to mention I unknowingly praised the enemy. i'm gettin too old fer this $hit man. gonna have to hang em up soon

(Editor's Note: ) rumor is they are already hangin pretty low, jw.. I’m just sayin….

-----

Originally Posted by jimmypopples

I don\'t understand either, I don\'t know how the rep works, but it says i have negative 338 points and I had that prior to my 10th post. I just figured I started in the negatives.

Originally Posted by McGraw38

As far as I know you start at zero.

Originally Posted by Ryno the Jet

life's tough on a popple, ya know...you have to work your way to zero

http://www.donandmurph.com/popples.jpg

(Editor's Note: ) were those your favorites as a kid, ryno?

-----

Originally Posted by mdrago4

i don't know that i like being branded a noob forever. even if i'd been here for 5 years or whatever, i don't know that i'd make it a point to distinguish between "noobs" and others. seems like i'm making my way back to middle school in this conversation. If the mod's didn't want new posters they wouldn't have big signs in their sigs 'sign up today!'.

I personally like the guys that signed up around the time i did, mcgraw, ecurb, and plent others, i don't see that there should be an issue.

The kid has a point, this whole "the new posters mostly suck" attitude is getting a little thin. As one of the OG's, the facts of the matter, at the end of the day are:

1-More posters = better board

2-More posters = more activity = better board

3-More posters = more opinions = better discussions

4-The newbs are mostly jets fans, and even if they feel differently about some players, they are still jets fans, and this is a site created by jets fans for jets fans

5-If there were no newb posters, the original 20 or so of you who were here from day one that are still active would make for an extremely boring site

6-It would be cool to bring back TX and TomShane, the ying and yang

7-The mods are gays

(Editor's Note: ) joebaby.. you are an OG? LOL… right… ok… sureee noob

-----

Originally Posted by BornJetsFan1983

And let me remind you, you judge a QB on if and how many games he wins. And last time I check I think the scores were 10 Wins chad to lossmans 7. Well if that isnt good enough let see how good lossman did in the playoffs..oh wait.....and you can quote me

So...Rex Grossman and Jake Plummer >> Chad?

(Editor's Note: ) damn… I didn’t know you could have two qb’s in the game at the same time.. two balls also?

-----

Topic: Chad Pennington is the Devil

Chad Pennington killed this thread.

Originally Posted by McGraw38

Seems fitting, he's killed every Jets season so far

(Editor's Note: ) including our playoff season last year… jeeeeez…. you are such a meanie!

-----

there's no way in hell anyone with tastebuds would rank bk over 5 guys. simply no way.

Originally Posted by Thor99

I had 5 guys once.

We went for burgers after.

(The Nomination: " :rl: potw nom. spoken like a true jn mod" - joewilly)

(Editor's Note: ) you are almost there jw… almost….

-----

I didnt understand? What are you talking about?

TX is everything that he claims others are... he is an *******... he acts like a 7 year old... he gets his panties in a wad...

Im not a pawn in his game, you were... you defend him... thats what he wants... he gets a few fans from the other team on his side to help make sure he can stick around...

Its the classic case of the bully getting "weak kids" on their side... he pushes you around for a while... then throws you a few bones telling you that your doing better and are actually not a bad poster... then your on your knees for him because he accepted you...

And here you are defending the guy that ****ed over Max time and time again... but he is a good guy...

He is the guy that got pleasure out of trying to torture your fellow JETS fans... but he is a good guy...

He is the guy that went around daily, picking fights for no reason, then threw in a good sentence about football and all of the sudden he is a smart poster who is a good guy...

He didn't give a **** about you, doesn't give a **** about you, and wouldn't think twice if he had the chance to bash you and your JETS.

Here's an idea: close up your shop and become a psychologist.

After all, you were able to get a better read on TX in three months than most others did in 3-5 years.

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

Fixed your post.

Here's an idea: close up your shop and become a proctologist.

I bet he can give us an immediate diagnosis on Chad Pennington, since his head has been been shoved up Chad's ass for 5 years now.

(Editor's Note: ) chad, proctologist, ecurb, tx, some aastericks… changing the words of a post…a classic jn post!

-----

Topic: My new ride!

Some of you know me to drive that yellow H1 from pics i have posted of the tailgates or seeing me at the games, but that truck isn't actually mine, it is a "family vehicle." I lived in downtown manhattan for the last 8 years so owning my own car just never made sense. Well, this weekend I picked up my first car in 8 years. I wouldn't normally make a post to announce this, but the thing is soooo cool. I got on of those new 4-door Wranglers, Sahara trim in silver. The thing is awesome, a 4 door suv with a convertible top, and the doors come off too! If anyone is looking for a relatively cheap truck that is a lot of fun you should check it out. You may need to search around, I had to go all the way down to the Jeep Store in Asbury to find one, they are not so easy to get.

Originally Posted by Smizzy

http://archive.salon.com/ent/feature/2004/07/15/pimps/story.jpg

Sweet ride. Where did you get the glasses?

(Editor's Note: ) and here I thought “my new ride” by joebaby was going to be about a 12 year old boy! OY!

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

No, he just said he had never heard of them so I posted the map of where they're located. Doesn't look like they have any up there so that explains why he hasn't heard of them. But since you asked the meat and potato burrito is the shiznit.

does the meat and potato burrito come with a free plunger?

(Editor's Note: ) ahhhh potty humor… so creative! :D

and the winnerof POTW is…

Happy Happy!! got to give it to the “man” !!

Congrats baamf!!!

-----

Great job, gg. :D Many thanks for coming to my rescue! You are my own personal Mariano Rivera (in his prime, of course). Many thanks!

thanks all.. and my pleasure gb ;)

as an aside.. what gb does every week is amazing...

i like that i get a chance to do this once in awhile... because it gives you all a chance to see how very witty i am.. :lol:

maybe soon a revived "dear greengal" will be out.. or maybe just a weekly column on the female perspective .. heh!!!!!!

thanks all.. and my pleasure gb ;)

as an aside.. what gb does every week is amazing...

i like that i get a chance to do this once in awhile... because it gives you all a chance to see how very witty i am.. :lol:

maybe soon a revived "dear greengal" will be out.. or maybe just a weekly column on the female perspective .. heh!!!!!!

Very witty indeed, my dear. :D Raisins, anyone?

Archived