Leberfeld | Pennington Over Russell

rick34125

And that would be based on what??? The 17 TDs & 16 Ints he had last year?? The amazing 6.91 yards per pass average???? Or maybe the amazing 4-14 career record against teams with top 10 defenses???? Maybe you could tell us who Pennyboy is going to beat out, Manning? Brady? Palmer? Rivers?, Rothlessburger? Please tell us. :yawn:

Tom Brady - 6.84

Also Chad had the 10th most passing yards in the NFL... and 6th most in the AFC... last season with little to no running game to support him...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, okay Leberfield. You'd take a 31 year old Quarterback whose started one full season in his career just because he has good accuracy on 5 and 10 yard throws, over a big, strong armed future big-time QB? Riiiight. You'd make a successful GM / Coach. :eek:

And that would be based on what??? The 17 TDs & 16 Ints he had last year?? The amazing 6.91 yards per pass average???? Or maybe the amazing 4-14 career record against teams with top 10 defenses???? Maybe you could tell us who Pennyboy is going to beat out, Manning? Brady? Palmer? Rivers?, Rothlessburger? Please tell us. :yawn:

Penny over big ben, just sayin.....

Let me say it one more time: Chad goes to the pro bowl this year.

Is that where doctor Andrews moved his office? Hawaii? Thats the only way Chad sniffs that stadium. Whose he going to go to the Pro Bowl over? Manning? Brady? Palmer? Rivers? Unless 2 of those pull out and Chad is good enough to finish 5th in voting, he has no chance.

Tom Brady - 6.84

Also Chad had the 10th most passing yards in the NFL... and 6th most in the AFC... last season with little to no running game to support him...

Yeah, Tom Brady 6.84 yard average with 24-TDs and 12 Ints all with not a single #1WR on the roster. Do you really want to talk about little-boy greens record against top 10 defenses? And you never answered the question, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Palmer, which one is Noodle Arm replacing in the Pro-Bowl? :confused:

Penny over big ben, just sayin.....

I would agree with that based on last year being a off year for Big Ben, however it can be said that last year was an off-year for Pennington to. After all it was the first season the 31 year old QB played every game. If they both play to averages this year, Penny won't be beating Rothlessburger in Madden. ;)

Yeah, Tom Brady 6.84 yard average with 24-TDs and 12 Ints all with not a single #1WR on the roster. Do you really want to talk about little-boy greens record against top 10 defenses? And you never answered the question, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Palmer, which one is Noodle Arm replacing in the Pro-Bowl? :confused:

I wasnt the one who brought up the pro-bowl...

You tried to use a stat selectively and it blew up in your face... deal with it... Chad has a better YPA than Tom Brady... which in theory means Chad throws the ball further downfield than Brady as well...

You can play the meaningless stat game all day if you want...

Dear Shasta -

this whole making sense thing you got going on should be brought on incrementally. This deluge of common sense will just make Ecurb pop a blood vessel.

Yes, a few will be lost along the way, that can't be helped. The good news is for thoses that can add A+B=C, it will open a whole new world to them. Remember, with all growth comes a little pain. ;)

You tried to use a stat selectively and it blew up in your face... deal with it... Chad has a better YPA than Tom Brady... which in theory means Chad throws the ball further downfield than Brady as well...

See, even you admit that this is nonsense.

See, even you admit that this is nonsense.

Stats are almost always pointless...

She used a stat that made her QB (Tom Brady) look worse than Chad Pennington... lol

Chad had the 10th most yards in the NFL... and was on the 6th best team in the NFL (according to wins/losses)

I can find a way to use stats to spin anything... thats what she did... and it was pointless...

Stats are almost always pointless...

She used a stat that made her QB (Tom Brady) look worse than Chad Pennington... lol

Chad had the 10th most yards in the NFL... and was on the 6th best team in the NFL (according to wins/losses)

I can find a way to use stats to spin anything... thats what she did... and it was pointless...

Chad should take Coles out to dinner every nite and twice of Tuesdays.....

I am curious though - Penny makes the pro-bowl and whom else?

Side note: Shasta, I'm curious, are you male or female? There have been contradictory stories. I just find it facinating that one of the most legendary characters at JI (and hopefully JN) is a Pats Fan. ;)

You aren't Tom Shane's cousin from Boston, are you?

Dont ask me... I never claimed he would be there....

No, I asked the general question as to what the OP was basing his "DUMB" prediction of Noodle arm going to the Pro-Bowl on. Then threw out several stats as example, but you "selectivly" selected the only that could support Noodle Arms fantasy trip to the Pro-Bowl. You didn't say anything about China-dolls 17 TDs and 16 Ints, and you didn't say anything about his god awful 4-14 record against top 10 defenses, so who again is being selective???:rolleyes:

Side note: Shasta, I'm curious, are you male or female? There have been contradictory stories. I just find it facinating that one of the most legendary characters at JI (and hopefully JN) is a Pats Fan. ;)

Sorry Garb, I'm all for female impowerment, but I am in fact all Male. The female thing came from some Jet fans on JI that thought the worst thing they could do to insult me is call me "she". These are no doubt the Jet fans without Girl-friends. :)

No, I asked the general question as to what the OP was basing his "DUMB" prediction of Noodle arm going to the Pro-Bowl on. Then threw out several stats as example, but you "selectivly" selected the only that could support Noodle Arms fantasy trip to the Pro-Bowl. You didn't say anything about China-dolls 17 TDs and 16 Ints, and you didn't say anything about his god awful 4-14 record against top 10 defenses, so who again is being selective???:rolleyes:

You picked some stats that you thought fit your argument... I showed you how one clearly didnt...

Nothing more, nothing less...

no claims from me in this thread...

I dont care about his TD/INT ratio last season.. he won... and did it with no run support...

Dont know where you got you 4-14 bull****...

In 2006 against teams with a top 10 defense...

JETS - 5-3 (8 games total)

Pats - 4-1 (5 games total)

Do a little research before you post next time.

That leaves Chad with a winning record against top defenses as of 2006 (his first full season)

You picked some stats that you thought fit your argument... I showed you how one clearly didnt...

Nothing more, nothing less...

no claims from me in this thread...

I dont care about his TD/INT ratio last season.. he won... and did it with no run support...

Dont know where you got you 4-14 bull****...

In 2006 against teams with a top 10 defense...

JETS - 5-3 (8 games total)

Pats - 4-1 (5 games total)

Do a little research before you post next time.

That leaves Chad with a winning record against top defenses as of 2006 (his first full season)

But ecurb, didn't you hear? Some of those games dont count because the teams Chad beat were not as good as their top 10 defense ranking when the Jets beat them. Of course, this doesn't count when looking in past years if Chad beat a team who was better at the time than their ending Defensive ranking shows...but hey, thats not the point! Chad can't beat good teams! And when he does...they're not really good.

Hmmm, so what post number was this for you, just wondering how many it took to get the noodle arm bit from you. Didn't you mention in like your second or third post of being tired of the noodlearm references at the other site? Wonder what happened to you somewhere between post 3-15.

Dear Shasta -

this whole making sense thing you got going on should be brought on incrementally. This deluge of common sense will just make Ecurb pop a blood vessel.

I just find it facinating that one of the most legendary characters at JI (and hopefully JN) is a Pats Fan. ;)

Aww wook, little wittle garby poo made herself a new friend, yes she did, googy googy gaga.

LOL, and you were talking to me about @ss kissing!!!

accuracy > arm strength any day of the week......see michael vick

and did anybody else get a little worried at the end of the video when chad jumped for the uprights? i mean, that could be a torn rotator cuff waiting to happen....

That's debatable, but, I know one thing: accuracy+arm strength >>> accuracy alone. You can improve your accuracy and the mental aspects of the game through coaching and practice. It's fairly obvious though from Chad's history that arm strength can not be improved.

Why not get a prospect that has the arm strength part down and shows indications of "getting it" for the other parts of his game? Now I know very little about Russell, maybe he doesn't have the potential to be accurate and read defenses etc., but I have yet to see someone make that argument or show any knowledge about him. Instead, I see this weak copout argument that basically amounts to this: If someone has a weak arm they are a better football player than someone with a strong arm, because there have been QBs with strong arms that haven't been good players. That's just absurd to me, there have been plenty of QBs with weak arms that can't even get off the bench or into the NFL, and there have been plenty of strong armed QBs that have had great careers.

Montana's name is mentioned a lot but, his arm strength was clearly above average. He wasn't the strongest arm, but his arm was quite a bit better than Chad's, and the majority of the leagues (I'd rate it at around the top third or so when he played).

I have been saying that Chad isn't as bad as people claim he is, and I believe that. The QB play in the NFL isn't that great, and not many teams have a top QB. I forget who, but others have replied to me that the level of play is going to go up and that is when Chad will slip and be ineffective for us by comparison. If that is right, then a prospective move is the right move, but if that is wrong, Chad is very serviceable, and will be in the near future until that happens if it happens. But Chad is not a top QB, and more than likely never will be, and a large part of that is due to his arm strength being inferior to the top QBs, who are just as good if not better than him at all the mental aspects of the game, but also possess superior physical tools. Those with the physical tools out of the newer class will also have the chance to develop into that type of QB that Chad can't be, for instance, Jay Cutler, and perhaps Russell.

Sorry Garb, I'm all for female impowerment, but I am in fact all Male. The female thing came from some Jet fans on JI that thought the worst thing they could do to insult me is call me "she". These are no doubt the Jet fans without Girl-friends. :)

not for nothing but you SOUND like a girl-jus' sayin'

all the days we called shasta a chick over at JI-I would NEVER let that happen to me...neither would most men I know

This should be interesting with ''her'' around this season. what's the under/over on her getting banned before the halfway point in the season? \:D/

This should be interesting with ''her'' around this season. what's the under/over on her getting banned before the halfway point in the season? \:D/

no way "it' makes it past the 6th anniversary of 9/11

BTW BP...there are some sorry assed excuses of so-called Jets fans showing themselves in Sar 1's brilliant thread

no way "it' makes it past the 6th anniversary of 9/11

That's what I was thinking ;)

BTW BP...there are some sorry assed excuses of so-called Jets fans showing themselves in Sar 1's brilliant thread

Yeah, I know. I posted the white flag in that thread. very lame.

That's what I was thinking ;)

Yeah, I know. I posted the white flag in that thread. very lame.

I just don't understand that kind of thinking from guys who are Jets fans and posting on a Jets MB...I mean it's friggin June 30th-camp hasn't started yet-we don't know what the make up of the team is going to be-we didn't lose anybody who matters and we made the friggin playoffs last year and added a 1200 yard-just off a Super Bowl appearance RB-and these cats are saying 7-9...friggin pathetic AND SAD what has happened to that board, it really is

I just don't understand that kind of thinking from guys who are Jets fans and posting on a Jets MB...I mean it's friggin June 30th-camp hasn't started yet-we don't know what the make up of the team is going to be-we didn't lose anybody who matters and we made the friggin playoffs last year and added a 1200 yard-just off a Super Bowl appearance RB-and these cats are saying 7-9...friggin pathetic AND SAD what has happened to that board, it really is

They (those same pessimists) were all saying the same **** last year, that the Jets were going to suck and be 3-13, and blah blah blah..and then they all suddenly jumped on the bandwagon after things went well. it's pathetic.

They (those same pessimists) were all saying the same **** last year, that the Jets were going to suck and be 3-13, and blah blah blah..and then they all suddenly jumped on the bandwagon after things went well. it's pathetic.

things were slow here as far as football talk goes so I was over there at JI last week-I guess I need to be reminded every once in a while as to why I don't really like that site anymore-there are some good guys there but the core crowd-and you know the names are post count whores with agendas IMO-what that agenda is I'm not sure-maybe it's like the kind of people who never like to admit to being wrong...kinda like the 1 out of 4 people walking around who still believe Iraq attacked the WTC

things were slow here as far as football talk goes so I was over there at JI last week-I guess I need to be reminded every once in a while as to why I don't really like that site anymore-there are some good guys there but the core crowd-and you know the names are post count whores with agendas IMO-what that agenda is I'm not sure-maybe it's like the kind of people who never like to admit to being wrong...kinda like the 1 out of 4 people walking around who still believe Iraq attacked the WTC

It's obviously an agenda. believe it or not, SAR commutes from Rhode Island to NJ for every Jet home game..that's a committed fan. but why he posts those bull**** threads is beyond me.

Archived