Darrelle Revis is going to do more than just help out in pass coverage

arsenal1189

Can we all agree that Arsenal posted an article that wasn't his?

Haha, dude.

I think he wrote it.

Why are you trying to cut him down?

Was it too good.

If anything, you are flattering him by keeping this nonsense going.

Nice piece, Arsenal.

I dont want to see Revis on punt returns. Too much invested in him to be a starting corner, and a potentially very good one, to risk injury on special teams. He's not that great of a punt returner anyways. Maybe if it was the 4th Q and we needed something to spark us, but not on every or even the majority of punt returns. Thats just asking for something bad to happen.

And gainzo needs to stop drinking and posting.

I dont want to see Revis on punt returns. Too much invested in him to be a starting corner, and a potentially very good one, to risk injury on special teams. He's not that great of a punt returner anyways. Maybe if it was the 4th Q and we needed something to spark us, but not on every or even the majority of punt returns. Thats just asking for something bad to happen.

He is actually a pretty decent punt returner, did you see that one return he had, unfortunately that was the only play he made..

Punt Returning is the contribution he can make.

He is actually a pretty decent punt returner, did you see that one return he had, unfortunately that was the only play he made..

Punt Returning is the contribution he can make.

Yes, I saw that return. That was done with some great blocking and vision by Revis but he didnt look all that fast or show off any juke moves (spin move to seal it, aside).

The guy was a great corner at pitt, I dont know why you think he sucks but whatever.

Yes, I saw that return. That was done with some great blocking and vision, he didnt look all that fast or juke all that much (spin move to seal it, aside).

The guy was a great corner at pitt, I dont know why you think he sucks but whatever.

It's not as much that he sucks (he's overrated) but I think Leon Hall was light years ahead of him at the CB position.

It's not as much that he sucks (he's overrated) but I think Leon Hall was light years ahead of him at the CB position.

I guess you missed Leon Hall getting burnt to a crisp by any legit WR he faced last year. Dwayne Jarrett burnt his a## and Ginn flat out owned him. Hall is really overrated. If he wasnt a michigan corner, he wouldnt have been nearly as hyped as he was.

I guess you missed Leon Hall getting burnt to a crisp by any legit WR he faced last year. Dwayne Jarrett burnt his a## and Ginn flat out owned him. Hall is really overrated. If he wasnt a michigan corner, he wouldnt have been nearly as hyped as he was.

:good: Excellent observations. I heard that Hall was traeted for 3rd degree burns after the Trojans game. :biggrin:

Revis is not like Miller. Miller showed flashes at times, and then was average the other 60% of the time. Miller has always had character issues, and I have heard nothing about Revis off the field. Come on, HE PLAYED FOR PITT! Of course Leon Hall was highlighted by the national media because he played for Michigan, and when he played against good receivers, he was burnt. Hall plays too slow, Revis will transfer well into the Jets' defense because he plays faster than his 40 time, unlike Hall, has good tackling skills and covers MUCH better than Hall. Revis is much more suited in Mangini's scheme than Hall is.

Why are a lot of people talking that Revis is slow?

As I recall he ran a 4.39 at his pro day. That's a lot of speed.

It's also pro day. Everybody times ridiculously fast at pro day. I don't think he ran at the combine. He's not slow, but I don't believe he's one of the fastest players coming out this year either.

this strikes me as a fluff piece. I don't think this is a barton original ;)

arsenal, i'm gonna assume you wrote the revis pc & it was great btw

One thing I know we can not make another mistake in a first round draft choice- we need Revis to be a starter and player at CB for many years. The Miller pick so far has not panned out as the CB we were expecting when drafted disregarding his special teams play.

One thing I know we can not make another mistake in a first round draft choice- we need Revis to be a starter and player at CB for many years. The Miller pick so far has not panned out as the CB we were expecting when drafted disregarding his special teams play.

I totally share your sentiments FABA but I know I was thrilled when we got Miller in the draft. What a steal I thought. That's the fun thing about the draft, ya never really know what ya got till later on. Real crap shoot.

Revis doesn't need to be the next-coming... But he does need to be the best CB of this draft; as he was picked first for his position.

I'm not sure if his play will better reflect him (as an ahlete) or our FO for the aggressive manner in which we pursued him. He was hand-selected out of the entire CB-class, in a short-picked draft where we might have been better off trading down. I would hope that coaches known for developing a certain position can better select their canvases, the fact that Mangini turned Samuels into a hold-out caliber CB, and Gay into a SB starter; I would hope that his pick of the litter has some potential.

Archived